New Adult Book Club discussion

Rakesh Ranjan
This topic is about Rakesh Ranjan
Archived- Promotional Q&A's > Q&A with Rakesh Ranjan - CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue Knott (sueknottauthor) | 14 comments Being from India and living in France, did you think about where your audience would be? Were you writing for Indians, French...or did it matter?

message 2: by Rakesh (new)

Rakesh Ranjan (RakeshRanjan) Sue wrote: "Being from India and living in France, did you think about where your audience would be? Were you writing for Indians, French...or did it matter?"

Thanks Sue for this first question.
My book doesn't target the audience from a particular place. Even when I was based in France, I travelled all across Europe. It's primarily a love story and that applies to every place in the world. The spiritual elements of the book obviously come from my background and hence it has a distinct flavour of India, the culture and the customs prevalent here. Apart from that, my story has universal appeal. I have written a story I identified with and I believe people from everywhere can relate to it.

message 3: by Sanjana (new)

Sanjana (sanjanamuralimanohar) | 1 comments i am very pleased to see an Indian author targeting global audience, it is very rarely seen and my belief is that a book lets you see the beauty of a place even if u cant experience it in person, i would very much like to read the book. Is is mythology based romance?

message 4: by Rakesh (new)

Rakesh Ranjan (RakeshRanjan) Sanjana wrote: "i am very pleased to see an Indian author targeting global audience, it is very rarely seen and my belief is that a book lets you see the beauty of a place even if u cant experience it in person, ..."

Hello Sanjana. I have lived in different places in India and that reflects in my writing. Three places namely, New Delhi, Kolkata and Paris are mentioned in my novel. And it's obviously targeted to a global audience. The first part of my novel has some mythology in it and the second part is a love story. The third and last part connects them. So there's both romance and mythology, but they aren’t related.

message 5: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Elson (nicki_elson) | 16 comments Hi Rakesh. I laughed when I read that you're an MBA who "surprisingly" likes to write creatively - me too! Requiem sounds interesting from every angle, and I almost always enjoy reading love stories written from the male perspective. Which part of the story came first to your imagination - the romance or the mythology?

message 6: by Rakesh (new)

Rakesh Ranjan (RakeshRanjan) Nicki wrote: "Hi Rakesh. I laughed when I read that you're an MBA who "surprisingly" likes to write creatively - me too! Requiem sounds interesting from every angle, and I almost always enjoy reading love storie..."

Haha! Thanks a lot. I hope you'll enjoy reading it. Frankly, it was the mythology which I envisaged and wrote first. And then came the love story. I would love to check out your work too.