Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess discussion


166 views
(spoilers) would anyone believe me if I said I totally predicted the ending?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia it was a no brainier after the fifth book in TMI series.


Rashika (is tired) I totally would.


Wendy ... What about the conclusion of the love triad?


Nurlely As much as I understood that Cassie would do anything to make it possible for both Will and Jem to be happy (which only means to be with Tessa), I don't want it to be true. Why didn't she just make CP2 an awesome book without giving all a happy end?


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "As much as I understood that Cassie would do anything to make it possible for both Will and Jem to be happy (which only means to be with Tessa), I don't want it to be true. Why didn't she just make..."

Omg.. you understand me. YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT.
I thought I was the only person who wasn't satisfied with the ending.


Nurlely Rashika wrote: "Omg.. you understand me. YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT.
I thought I was the only person who wasn't satisfied with the ending. "


No worries. There are some other readers who share our feeling. The Epilogue is a mess!


message 7: by Shirley (last edited Mar 22, 2013 01:13AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shirley yes, the epilogue is a mess, but i'm still glad that tessa and jem were given another chance. i'm only human...

it was a nice surprise considering that i expected it to be tragic with both will and jem dying or just jem dying and will and tessa too traumatized to ever be together.


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "Rashika wrote: "Omg.. you understand me. YOU UNDERSTAND!!!! SOMEONE GETS IT.
I thought I was the only person who wasn't satisfied with the ending. "

No worries. There are some other readers who s..."


I though I was the only person who thought that and it made me so sad because you have all these happy people and I am just here disappointed. I know.. I was hoping it would be a scene between her and Magnus.


Rachael I thought I'd be over it by now but I'm not.. Not at all. I am devastated!! Not because I didn't like it but because I LOVED it! My Will :'(

Least now we know how Church ended up in New York and that Magnus and Tessa are great friends. Now I hope soooooo much that she will be in CoHF. How cool would that be!


message 10: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby I really didn't like how she ended up with Jem, I know it wasn't like she was betraying will or anything but it still made me mad cause she was supposed to be with will only, especially at the end when Jem was kissing her on the bridge

everything would have been so much better if her and Magnus weren't immortal


Rashika (is tired) Abby wrote: "I really didn't like how she ended up with Jem, I know it wasn't like she was betraying will or anything but it still made me mad cause she was supposed to be with will only, especially at the end ..."

EXACTLY! I thought it was an easy way out, that ways fans of both Will and Jem would be happy, but me.. I felt disappointed. :/
Actually I think the idea of her and Magnus being immortal is kind of cool because they become each other's rocks over the years.


Rachael I felt the same when reading it but now I'm kind of glad she had Jem.. and especially as she's immortal. She hasn't loved anyone else since Will and 70 years is a very long time to be lonely. Tessa has a very long and lonely road ahead of her, least now she has Jem for another 60/70 years.. and Poor Jem who sat back, lonely and isolated as a silent brother for 130 years finally has a chance at being with the only woman he's ever loved :'(

I only feel sad because I loved Will so very much, I just can't come to terms with him dying...


Nurlely Rashika wrote: "I though I was the only person who thought that and it made me so sad because you have all these happy people and I am just here disappointed. I know.. I was hoping it would be a scene between her and Magnus. "

I just wish I did not read the Epilogue at all. It totally ruins the whole reading.


ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ I totally called Cecy and Gabriel. The epilogue was very fitting and right for me.


ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ The Epilogue does take place in 2008...which is sometime after the events of CoLS. It makes me want to know more and more what happens in CoHF that causes the change in Jem and everything


ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ Nurlely wrote: "As much as I understood that Cassie would do anything to make it possible for both Will and Jem to be happy (which only means to be with Tessa), I don't want it to be true. Why didn't she just make..."

Because I have a feeling that the entire fandoms dedicated to Will or Jem would throw a riot


Nurlely ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "Because I have a feeling that the entire fandoms dedicated to Will or Jem would throw a riot "

Fans almost 'died' when JK Rowling killed Dumbledore, but still the series is favoured by so many.

Tess'a equal love is so annoying for the fact that there was no equal love in CA and CP. All starts and ends in CP2.


ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ In CP2 it's where Jem, Will, and Tessa learn of their for each other without it being secret no longer. In CP Will did not know of Jem's love for Tessa till the end. Tessa did not know Will's love for her till the end. Jem did not know of Will's love for Tessa until CP2. I feel that there really was an equality of love.


Nurlely Will and Jem's love for Tessa might be equal, but Tessa's love for them in CA and CP was not equal.

In CA, Tessa was in love with Will and Jem was more of her very dear friend.

In CP, Tessa was hesitant when she accepted Jem's proposal, and did it because she considered it as her fault, for misleading Jem. She didn't burnt her hand because she was so happy with everything. She thought of Will everytime and had to convinced herself that she loved Jem, every time she saw Will.

In CP2, as equal as she claims her love for both Will and Jem, she practiced fornication with Will in the time where she was supposed to mourn for Jem.

Equal love? That is surely a funny kind of equal love.


ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ In CA she had just met the two. She considered Will more of like a crush someone she would have liked to know more of.

In CP in my opinion I felt that she was having the need to give all her love to Jem even though that was impossible for her.

She did mourn for quite a few hours. And she felt guilt afterwards both he and she did. Both of them did not even want to discuss what they had done for awhile.
I'm starting to hate the word equal now because no one not anyone or I really knows what equal precisely means in this case.


Nurlely ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "In CA she had just met the two. She considered Will more of like a crush someone she would have liked to know more of. "

She let Will kissed her and still longed for him even after Will denied her. So much for a mere crush.

ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "In CP in my opinion I felt that she was having the need to give all her love to Jem even though that was impossible for her. "

She did't feel happy after the engagement. It was more a pity than love. She was feeling guilty for misleading Jem into believing that she loved him, and she has forever while Jem was dying. That was the 'love' she needed to give Jem.

ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "She did mourn for quite a few hours"

Ahh... I see. What a very short moment indeed. And she said she has always been in love with Jem forever.


ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ I don't consider desire being love.

That's in your opinion.

It's not like she had months to mourn for Jem. Her and Will both believed they would die fighting the next day and they found Jem to be alive the next day.


Nurlely Love should defeat desire. If Tessa did not Will like crazy and vice versa, then they would have not slept together. Their long separated way has met its peak when they knew they could be together. Sadly, Tessa should have remembered Jem instead, for she claims to never stopped loving him.


Shirley ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "I don't consider desire being love.

That's in your opinion.

It's not like she had months to mourn for Jem. Her and Will both believed they would die fighting the next day and they found Jem to..."


exactly. i think that's an issue with some of these YA love stories. they create this idea that when you feel sexually attracted to someone, that's love. will had an obsession with tessa and vice versa. it began with obsession and desire in CA and there was no talk of love until CP. looking at it that way, the love triangle begins to look a bit more balanced.


Rashika (is tired) ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "As much as I understood that Cassie would do anything to make it possible for both Will and Jem to be happy (which only means to be with Tessa), I don't want it to be true. Why didn..."

That's true but it seemed like the easy way out.
Half way into the book I had made peace with the idea of Tessa ending with Jem no matter how much I loved Will. It wouldn't have bothered me as much as the ending did.


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "Love should defeat desire. If Tessa did not Will like crazy and vice versa, then they would have not slept together. Their long separated way has met its peak when they knew they could be together...."
Yeah that bothered me as well.. she just found out he was dead and then she is sleeping with Will, how can she claim to love Jem?


Nurlely Rashika wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "Love should defeat desire. If Tessa did not Will like crazy and vice versa, then they would have not slept together. Their long separated way has met its peak when they knew they co..."

Pretty messed up.... the sleeping scene, although it was probably done after so long wanting each other, thinking about each other. Not something people would do unless their desire has been contained for long. The strong desire based on great love that could not be together, until that time.

When I was served with "never stopped loving", everything that happened before, in CA, CP or that sleeping moment has succesfully contradicted that claim.


Shirley i just love jem so much that i want to give tessa a piece of my mind for being so wishy washy and inconsiderate, argh.

lord knows i'm not a fan of tessa, but i do believe her when she says she loves jem (despite literal evidence in previous books...which shows that love can grow slowly and who needs that love at first sight gimmick anyway?). so the fact that she sleeps with will...i just can't. the only good explanation that doesn't condemn her and will's characters would be that they were seeking comfort in each other. and obviously they love each other. falling prey to these "other" feelings for will shouldn't annul her previous truth of love for jem. even if it does make me mad...


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "Rashika wrote: "Nurlely wrote: "Love should defeat desire. If Tessa did not Will like crazy and vice versa, then they would have not slept together. Their long separated way has met its peak when ..."

It makes sense they would seek comfort with each other but if she was waiting for so long to be with Will why is she with Jem? I understand why she loves them both, they are both great characters but her decisions regarding the two makes her less respectable for me. I am not saying it's wrong for her to sleep with Will, I am saying it's wrong for her to sleep with Will right after finding out Jem is dead, her reaction seems to indicate that Jem is more of a friend than a lover.
If she truly loved him she should have grieved a bit longer.
But the ending just makes everything seem to easy, magical cures, her finding Jem again. I suppose one could justify her quick decision with Jem (assuming she doesn't really love him) with her feeling lonely.
We know that she loves Jem but I don't understand the depth of her feelings.
sometimes it almost seems like she played the two, or maybe that's just me being super upset.


Rashika (is tired) Shirley wrote: "i just love jem so much that i want to give tessa a piece of my mind for being so wishy washy and inconsiderate, argh.

lord knows i'm not a fan of tessa, but i do believe her when she says she lov..."


I prefer Will over Jem (that is not to say I don't love Jem, I do but I prefer Will) but even I agree with what you have to say.


Nicole ȘᎯɱᎯɴτħᎯ (ȘħᎯɖΘώħƲɴτεર) νετᎯιίᎯ ;) wrote: "The Epilogue does take place in 2008...which is sometime after the events of CoLS. It makes me want to know more and more what happens in CoHF that causes the change in Jem and everything"

I think Clary is responsible for the change in Jem. Since she can create Runes.


Nicole I Loved CP2, it would have been an amazing book without the epilogue...but I stil think it's fitting that Tessa and Jem are given another chance. Yes, I cried when Will died but I was happy that Tessa was given an opportunity for love again. Our lives don't stop, nor do our hearts stop loving after our great loves have passed on, I don't believe there is only one person for everyone, especially if you are immortal. She will never love Jem the way she loved Will, and she never loved Will the same way she loved Jem. It is possible to have two great loves in your life. Look at Magnus and Camille then Magnus and Alec, he loved them both but never in the same way. I know a lot of people have a problem with Tessa having sex with Will right after discovering Jem was dead, but I believe that was used as a way to comfort each other. Not that it was the right choice, and they never claim that they made the right decision at the time, they gave into their feelings for each other. Also, everyone deals with grief in different ways, I believe that as human beings (which I know Tessa is only half) they make rash decisions and they did show regret and remorse for that decision. The amount of love Tessa had for Jem should not be judged by the decisions she made immediately after finding out he had died.


message 33: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 25, 2013 07:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nurlely Rashika wrote: "We know that she loves Jem but I don't understand the depth of her feelings.
sometimes it almost seems like she played the two, or maybe that's just me being super upset. "


I didn't get the impression that Tessa loved Jem and Will equally in CA and CP, even after re-reading the books. It was always Will in the story, literally. She loved Jem in a different way. She asked Will 'Don't you' after she answered that she loved Jem. That was not a romantic love.

The I never stopped loving you implied an equal love. Too bad, the equal love was not there in the previous books, it makes the Epilogue contradict more than half of the whole story.

CP2 will be much better without the Epilogue. It is so funny when Jem's fans thought that Will's fans don't care about Jem's happiness and want him to end up alone. For me, Jem can be with Tessa or Will can be with Tessa. If it was Jem since the very beginning, then let it be.

I might cry incessantly if Will is the Silent brother, but I will consider the book much better executed, than having myself served with an 'Equal love' which was not there before.


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "Rashika wrote: "We know that she loves Jem but I don't understand the depth of her feelings.
sometimes it almost seems like she played the two, or maybe that's just me being super upset. "

I didn..."

I didn't think most people got that impression, that's why the majority thought she would end up with Will. I was surprised by her change in CP2 as well.
I think Clare may have realized this and to make the love triangle end the way it did she would have to "edit" Tessa's feelings.
Oh god that annoys me to no ends because I love Jem, I just prefer Will because I can relate to him better. I mean I would be miserable if she ended up with Jem but I wouldn't hate anyone because Jem was a good guy.
I always knew Will wasn't the silent brother because Will wouldn't have loved only 2 people. Jem didn't have other family so it makes sense. This brings up the point about the Uncle, Clare told us there was an uncle but there was no mention of him in the other 2 books (not any I could recall at least) and the sudden appearance of the uncle in the third one surprised me.


(p.s. it's really fun talking to you in such detail about this stuff, makes me feel smart :P)


Nurlely Rashika wrote: "I always knew Will wasn't the silent brother because Will wouldn't have loved only 2 people. ..."

I suppose lots of us knew that. Jem matched every bit of Bro Zach's description. And Emma is not Jem's direct descendant, but his uncle's, as we also predicted before.

What I meant to say was, that it would not bother me so much if Cassie made Will the silent brother, and for Jem to be with Tessa, as long as the story supported the idea. That means a whole different idea for CA and CP. What annoyed me so much is reading CP2 Epilogue and was forced with some Equal romantic love.
It feels like an alien just entered the room.

p.s. it's really fun talking to you in such detail about this stuff, makes me feel smart :P)

Who knows? Maybe you are indeed smart... ^__~


message 36: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia what i meant was, that i did predict the ending but not satisfied with it at all. i love the fact that will got to live a happy and long lif (by my calculation i think it was 75 years) and i was happy that jem got a chance a happiness too. but i would've been much more satisfied had the will and jem's roles been reversed. it was always suppose to be will and tessa. jem came later. but after reading cassandra clare's note "it started with a dream of jem and tessa on a bridge" i completly understand why she chose to got that way. atleast i am not crying my eyes out. which i would've done had either will or jem had died in their youth


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "Rashika wrote: "I always knew Will wasn't the silent brother because Will wouldn't have loved only 2 people. ..."

I suppose lots of us knew that. Jem matched every bit of Bro Zach's description. ..."

Oh that makes more sense! :P

Did you check out her explanation on tumblr? I am sure that explains things but it makes it seem like she is saying that we expect certain things out of love triangles and hence probably won't accept this. I don't think the problem is exactly that in my case at least. It just goes against my belief that you cannot love two people at the same time. I am not going to go all bezerk and want to see it from Cassandra's POV but she doesn't make it believeable (like you mentioned) that one person can love two people equally.

Maybe I am... :P


message 38: by Bernadette (last edited Mar 26, 2013 10:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bernadette I agree with most of the comments in this post about Tessa and Jem. I've never felt the "romantic love" that Tessa was supposedly feeling towards Jem. Not once. Not even when they were engaged. I didn't feel any chemistry to their love as much as I did with Tessa and Will. So I felt kind of cheated that Jem loses his Silent Brotherhood-ship and Tessa ends up with him at the "end". I don't understand the equal love, despite Ms Clare's explanation. It just feels too convenient, designed to please both sides of the fandom. Reminds me of Stephenie Meyer's attempts to give everyone a happy ending on Breaking Down. We readers have some sort of closure but it wasn't satisfying. At least to me, anyways.

Is it because Jem and Will supposedly share the same "soul" because they're parabatai? I just don't get it. It's like Ms Clare forced the Jem/Tessa relationship to bring angst and conflicts to the storyline, but it wasn't believable to me. I felt the scenes with Gideon and Sophie much more interesting than Tessa and Jem's.

And one question that still bugs me, Tessa is supposedly a warlock right? Then how did she end up bearing Will children?


Rashika (is tired) Bernadette wrote: "I agree with most of the comments in this post about Tessa and Jem. I've never felt the "romantic love" that Tessa was supposedly feeling towards Jem. Not once. Not even when they were engaged. I d..."

I felt cheated as well. I tried my best to forget the ending or it would have torn me apart.

She was a special sort of warlock because she had shadowhunter and demon blood, this made her immortal but gave her the ability to bear children (convenient right?)


message 40: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 26, 2013 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nurlely Rashika wrote: "Did you check out her explanation on tumblr? I am sure that explains things but it makes it seem like she is saying that we expect certain things out of love triangles and hence probably won't accept this. I don't think the problem is exactly that in my case at least. It just goes against my belief that you cannot love two people at the same time. ..."

It bothers me even more, the explanation because it gives nothing but what the Epilogue is telling us. The question we feel needs an answer is why the Epilogue offers us an equal love, which was not visible in CA and CP. Even with a sudden attraction Tessa felt for Jem at the beginning of CP2, her equal love should have prevented her from sleeping with Will, when she just knew about Jem's death.

Of course it is fine for us to know the story of a great love, how it is progressing and how it ends, but the long explanation of Will's death is far beyond necessary. And for Tessa to be with Jem and claims her equal love has messed up the great love she had with Will and the story CA and CP tell us...


Shirley i don't think clare was actively trying to write the two loves equally. she was probably trying to write true to life and in life, you fall in love in different ways, as we (well, some of us) saw with will and with jem.

it may be hard accept or believe, but most of the readers are YA (including me, i think) and haven't experienced a lot of things yet. that combined with what we picked up from tv, movies, books, and anything but personal experience, we've created our own ideals of love. the fact that not everyone supports the jem angle of the love triangle suggests that most readers have different ideas of love more aligned with the will-tessa romance. there's nothing wrong with that, it just makes people upset about the ending. instead of looking for literal clues, i just went with how the story was making me feel. it's sort of like a roller coaster with it being will zooming along for a while and then all of a sudden, hey look it's jem! wow, i saw that drop from the beginning of this ride, but i didn't think it would FEEL that AWESOME.


Nurlely So sorry Shirley, but since I have this answered on a different thread, I suppose I can just copy-paste my comment there... ;)

-----------
For me... it is like presenting a C, and then when answering the question of why it is a C, the answer I get is, a C is the third letter after an A and B. That is a true answer, but it doesn't answer the question.

The Epilogue tells us that Tessa has never stopped loving Jem. Both question and answer were done in a romantic gesture, for it was raised in comparison to loving Will. That part is a contradiction with what CA and CP have told us. In both books, we were served with so many details about Tessa's love for Will, Tessa's unhappiness due to Will's pain, Tessa-Will all the way to the end of CP. On the other hand, Tessa's love for Jem was never written that way. We were even served with details of Tessa's misery, after accepting Jem's proposal.

One true love is so romantic, but in real life, love is not always that romantic. Some people can love more than 1 person in their life. That is not the problem we are trying to deal with what CP2 is offering us. The problem is not that Tessa moves on after Will's death, but to what she has dramatically delivered. The 'never stopped loving you' has probably made her love to Will less awesome, but the worst thing is... there was no equal romantic love that we can read in CA and CP... literally speaking.


Shirley No, I do see your point, Nurlely. There's no arguing what we read in CA and CP and I understand that the romantic love doesn't seem equal. I think what I'm trying to justify is that even if the love for Will is greater than the love for Jem, it doesn't mean she doesn't love Jem. So, in a way, she didn't stop loving him, she just put that love on hold. I don't think that's unfair to Will.


Rashika (is tired) Hmm I think most of us are going in different directions here.
I wasn't upset because I thought she was cheating on Will. It's been over 70 years. She should be happy.
But the Jem thing is too convenient. It seems like everyone gets a happy ending, a too happy ending. Things don't work out so nicely in real life and I know that I shouldn't compare this to real life but I cannot help doing that.
The ending with her getting confused and then running after Jem. Cheesy.
And as Nurely said, the problem isn't that she loves two people unequally but that the author implies that the love is equal and that it has always been that way. Maybe she is lying to herself (Tessa) because she doesn't want to live with that pain but I don't know.

Also yes Will's death scene was unnecessary.


message 45: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 27, 2013 08:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nurlely Rashika wrote: "Things don't work out so nicely in real life and I know that I shouldn't compare this to real life but I cannot help doing that."

You surely can compare it to real life. I think Cassie said about us always read some Disney's Princess story, without an after wedding story, where one soul mate dies. In real life, people die and the spouse move on.
If it is real life Cassie was referring to, that Jem's part is surely too convenient... ;)

Will's death scene was too much!


Shirley Hmm, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I thought Will's death scene was sweet. It showed he died of old age and with all his loved ones surrounding him. I loved the exchange between Will and Jem before he died and I think it did a nice job of clinching and wrapping up that parabatai portion of the story.

I guess she could have gone without the death, but it would have been weird to skip into the future without it. I'd be like, "So...where's Will? Oh my god, how are you with Jem?!?! This feels unresolved..." But now I can be like, "Ahh, RIP William, you beautiful man. Ooh, look! It's Tessa and Not-Bro-Zach-Anymore! Bless their hearts, ain't it sweet how they still love each other? Look at you, Will, sitting on your cloud in Heaven (or reincarnated as a baby), looking down on (err, having baby dreams?) your two best friends, still connected to one another even after all these years and past the grave."

Excuse, the inner workings of my wacky mind...


Rashika (is tired) Nurlely wrote: "Rashika wrote: "Things don't work out so nicely in real life and I know that I shouldn't compare this to real life but I cannot help doing that."

You surely can compare it to real life. I think C..."


Wait wait she said that? Doesn't that make her hypocritical? :O

@Shirley- Well okay so the death scene didn't bother me as much as it did most people and I guess you do make a good point. But you know I think the death scene didn't really need to be there. We all knew he would die. He cannot live forever.


message 48: by Blue (new) - rated it 1 star

Blue Dawn Just throwing this idea out there, but why couldn't Will or Jem find someone else than Tessa? Not to be mean, but she wasn't the most amazing thing in the world. I mean her first kiss, sex, marriage was with Will.

Honestly, I love Jem! I really think he deserves to have a wonderful, caring woman who would put him first in her heart no matter what. I'm sure there was a woman out there who could play music with him and be as selfless as he is. Tessa and Will as it was mentioned in the story are almost the same, with their love for books. Why did both guys HAVE to be with Tessa? Because they both loved her? Well, if people can love more than one person like the author trys to point out, then why couldn't they move on to love a different girl?


Shirley Phoenix wrote: "Just throwing this idea out there, but why couldn't Will or Jem find someone else than Tessa? Not to be mean, but she wasn't the most amazing thing in the world. I mean her first kiss, sex, marriag..."

Ooh, playing Devil's Advocate! I like :)

I don't have a real answer, aside from the obvious, "That's not the story she was trying to tell." I would have loved Jem with someone else, but I'm pretty sure I would have hated whatever character Clare might have created for that role. First of all, there wouldn't have been enough development and it wouldn't feel convincing either since the books are focused on this love triangle and the whole thing with the infernal devices. This happened with Gabriel and Cecily for me, personally. I like Gabriel and his mini character arc throughout the books, but Cecily felt so last-minute and flat. Great, she's brave and she's a warrior. Whatever. I didn't care about her at all...

I suppose Jem could have ended up with an existing female (or male...) character, but I can't think of any relationship that would have worked.

Just my 2 cents.


Rashika (is tired) Phoenix wrote: "Just throwing this idea out there, but why couldn't Will or Jem find someone else than Tessa? Not to be mean, but she wasn't the most amazing thing in the world. I mean her first kiss, sex, marriag..."

I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING. Except it's not only in this book but for most love triangles or books where the girl is the center of attention for most males.


« previous 1
back to top