UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Need help for a pain in the arse!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mago (new)

Mago (Mark) | 1750 comments I'm having a get together for some members of RL Book Group next week at my house.
We will be watching the film "Cloud Atlas" after having read the book.
I'll be making some finger-food, buffet type stuff.
One of the group (who used to be able to eat anything and did so with gusto)is now veggie, gluten and dairy free.
Any ideas for something a bit different than beating him about the head with a stick of celery?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 853 comments Rice biscuits with a hummus dip?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Ullah | 75 comments Yes, use something heavier! Ha...only joking. No idea really but a nice salad might be a start. If I were you I'd be researching on the internet. Good luck! x

message 4: by Chris (last edited Mar 20, 2013 07:43AM) (new)

Chris The Story Reading Ape (chrisgr) Fish fingers with Garlic Dip?

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I'd help you if I wasn't so offended by the title..

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I was going to suggest Anusol!

message 7: by Mago (new)

Mago (Mark) | 1750 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "I'd help you if I wasn't so offended by the title.."

I wasn't making a general comment, Elle, he really is a pain in the arse.

message 8: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments I was going to suggest you get a cream for that.

Hummus sounds like a good shout, you can do it with carrot, celery, pepper and cucumber sticks as well. Can you get gluten free bread sticks?

What about nuts? Do nuts contain gluten?

message 9: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Carter | 199 comments What about rice salad? You can get gluten and dairy free cakes too.

message 10: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I've had a look through my vegan cookbooks,but they are quite low on gluten free recipes,but you could do loaded potato skins,you wouldn't have to do seperate if you used mustard or spring onions and what about marinaded mushrooms.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Is it just the one guy? Why not tell him to bring his own food?

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments Why not phone and ask him what type of thing he would like to eat? Say you've tried cookbooks and things, but you'd much rather cook him something he would enjoy?

I'm sure he will be happy that you have considered his feelings and aren't just going to serve him celery!

Good luck (:

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments Yes, I'd ask him. He may have to bring his own food. I would have to bring my own as I am a nut allergy sufferer pain in the a**e and most food has nut warnings on nowadays. Still, I'd be a bigger pain in the a**e if I were lying on your floor in need of an adrenaline shot! ;)

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21872 comments Jonathan wrote: "Yes, I'd ask him. He may have to bring his own food. I would have to bring my own as I am a nut allergy sufferer pain in the a**e and most food has nut warnings on nowadays. Still, I'd be a bigger pain in the a**e if I were lying on your floor in need of an adrenaline shot! ;) ..."

dunno, at this house you'd just fade into the general clutter and people might never notice you :-)