What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Possible Sci-Fi Short Story with Earth Marble

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Court (new)

Court (georgecorny) | 12 comments The story starts by a person going into a small oddity/knicknack shop. Once inside the main character finds these marbles that fascinate him, they are complex and swirling with color. The character decides to buy a marble. It is blue and green and they ask the purveyor of shop, what do call this? And the purveyor says "Earth".

This might be a short story in a compilation.

Thank you in advance for your help!

message 2: by Sean (new)

Sean (seanodell) | 5 comments Try the short story The Curio Shop by William Kotzwinkle.

message 3: by Court (new)

Court (georgecorny) | 12 comments Sean wrote: "Try the short story The Curio Shop by William Kotzwinkle."

Nope, that wasn't it. I have added it to my "To Read" list. But the title I am looking for is a bit older. Aged to perhaps....1970-60s era.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments Have you read it? It's available online (with rather poor notes interspersed):

http://www.wattpad.com/2397023-the-cu...

Cuz that's the only 'earth as a marble that someone buys' story that *I* can recall as well (Thanks Sean! - you pegged the one I was thinking of).

Are you rejecting this potential solution because of the date, or something else? What's different from this story that you need? (ie: how can we ID something different?)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Court, are you still looking for this story?

message 6: by Court (new)

Court (georgecorny) | 12 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Court, are you still looking for this story?"

I am...

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments So, how did you like reading the suggestion? Did it spark any other details about your story?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response in 2.5 years. Moving to Abandoned.