Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2) Shadow's Edge discussion

Who should be endgame with Kylar?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

KingKiller Anyway, I just read the first two books, and usually I couldn't care less about the couples in a series but I find Elene really annoying. For that reason I'd much prefer it if Kylar/Vi were endgame personally, she's a much better character, I warmed to her quite a lot in this book. But I just can't see that happening which is a bit annoying, they made such a big deal about innocence/virginity in this book that you just know his first time will have to be with Elene so they will get together again.

Anyway, who do you lot prefer?

Kenesha Elene Is about the innocence u have as a child -assuming u had a good childhood that is. you see the world in black and white until u grow up and see there is more to morality than what u were taught in kindergarten. I guess that can be annoying but be patient.
Vi is messed up and is only just learning these things but she has great potential. so i don't think its fair to judge. I believe Brent Weeks' methods are amazing tho. tell me what u think when u finish the last book.

Looney I love a good love triangle, and while the three of them don't really fit into that typical mold, I love the way Weeks saw the fulfillment of their relationship/s in book three. I felt like I was left hanging a little bit which always causes a bit of angst for me, but it was appropriate. I think Weeks is a great author who has what it takes to tell a powerful and entertaining story- like he did in the Night Angel trilogy!

Dean I agree with Deshi. Vi is a little more likable and she can understand Kylar a little more than Elene can. Elene seems like one of those people who would try to moralize why you shouldn't use your brothers toothbrush.

message 5: by Scander (last edited Jun 02, 2014 09:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scander Elene was an awful character in my opinion and just something to give Kylar a weakness to exploit, since the author made him an uber-badass killing machine. I found Vi to be much more interesting. Not sure why the author chose to promote the virtues of chastity and innocence since this was a book about assassins. Either way, I found Elene to be a preachy schoolmarm to Vi's "been around the block" no nonsence type. I was rooting for Vi at the end, as assassins need life partners that can take care of themselves.

J.R. Swiger Elene and Vi at first appear to be polar opposites however the deeper you look into their characters they very well could have been one in the same. Take Elene for instance the scars that have been inflicted on her are of a physical nature while the scars that have been inflicted on Vi are much more emotional in nature. Both have their struggles with intimacy that cause them at times to be cold to Kylar, for example Vi would give him her body easily but not her heart while Elene would do the exact opposite. So in the end what I believe it breaks down to is either one could have been the other if life hadn't taken them down the roads it had. Imagine what might have happened to Doll Girl without Count Drake

Hedgie Von Tungeln J.R. wrote: "Elene and Vi at first appear to be polar opposites however the deeper you look into their characters they very well could have been one in the same. Take Elene for instance the scars that have been..."

This is wonderfully put, and I agree whole heartedly! I honestly think I'd be happy if Kylar was endgame with either, but I'd also be happy if the endgame was him with neither. They've all been through so much, and have grown so much in the first two books. I just want them to be happy like jfc please let them end at least a little happy.