Theo's Group discussion

Books to read > Da Vinci Code or Around the World in 80

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Apr 02, 2013 07:30PM) (new)

Tiffany | 86 comments Mod
Josh made the suggestion to read Da Vinci code. I wanted to run it by everyone here. Do we want Da Vinci Code or Around the World as the next book? And do we want to start now or on the 1st of April? Da Vinci is currently free, FYI, so grab it now either way.

I'm good with either book.

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Ok. Everyone can pick one, the other or both. If anyone wants to start now, that's fine with me. I won't start until the first. I have a couple projects going on around here and I am still in the middle of another book.

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise | 74 comments lol at any kind of conversation that includes both books

I don't want to do two different titles with scheduled reading, but I'm happy to do whichever people want. BUT, I'd like it to be something that people read and discuss! I'm becoming jaded at all the starts and fizzles.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Sorry. I need to be more involved. I know. Is there a way to make a poll?

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise | 74 comments Tiffany wrote: "Sorry. I need to be more involved. I know. Is there a way to make a poll?"

good job! And now I know there's a way to do it because you did. :D

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

:D I tend to ask a question and then find the answer before anyone hears the question.

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane (youknowwho-thedoctor) | 28 comments I'd do the DaVinci Code but I agree with Denise - I don't want to get started and then find out only 2 or 3 of us are posting.

message 8: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 1 comments I enjoyed the DaVinci Code when I read it. I even got a book of paintings to reference. I have to admit I have never read a book other than a kiddie book more than once. I can try.

message 9: by Tiffany (last edited Apr 02, 2013 07:30PM) (new)

Well, I bought Denise's version of around the world and looked at it. It's only 37 chapters. If we want to start on it now and read 3-4 chapters a day, we could finish it by the end of the month, or beginning of April. Then we can start on Di Vinci which is a bit longer.

I'll be more active this time around. I have been busy doing things around the house. But I really need to make some 'me' time that includes chatting with other people. My current agenda is to get organized and start picking up one of my hobbies a month until I get back in the habit.

So, I am going to start Around the World tonight, I will post tomorrow. I'll start Da Vinci code the first week of April. If you want to join me in either, go ahead and jump in. No worries if you can't start when I do. If you want to read more or less than 3-4 chapters a day, go ahead. No rules on that.

Also, I wanted to let you guys know that I enjoy reading the same book as you guys, even if I don't post. :D

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Trisha wrote: "I enjoyed the DaVinci Code when I read it. I even got a book of paintings to reference. I have to admit I have never read a book other than a kiddie book more than once. I can try."

I'm an Art History major, so I am partial to this book. It makes me want to go back and finish my degree. Maybe I will add that to my to do list.

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise | 74 comments Tiffany wrote: "Well, I bought Denise's version of around the world and looked at it. It's only 37 chapters. If we want to start on it now and read 3-4 chapters a day, we could finish it by the end of the month, o..."

you're pretty smart, you know? ;)

I'm going to join you on the Around the World read now and be ready to do Da Vinci again in April if others are interested. I have always loved Around the World and will enjoy this trip again.

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise | 74 comments Trisha, that's a neat idea to look up the paintings. When I first read the book it wasn't as easy to find everything online, and while I've visited the Louvre and had some knowledge of some of the works listed, it would indeed be fun to look them up as we go.

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments I will start Around the World well tomorrow.

message 14: by Josue (new)

Josue Perez (joshlp) so di vinci is on april it seems? fine with me. it'll give me time to finish my current stuff.