The BURIED Book Club discussion

R.M. Koster
This topic is about R.M. Koster
unBURIED Authors K-P > R.M. Koster

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 10 comments I just attempted to create this very thread in the wrong section, only to find you had been more successful than me. I bought The Dissertation today, it looks pretty appealing and I hope to get to it soon.

message 2: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 10 comments Enrique wrote: "Oh good, another sale for R.M. Koster. Hope you get to it soon, Ned, and will corroborate that I haven't over-hyped it!"

Have you read the rest of the trilogy?

message 3: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 10 comments Enrique wrote: "5> Have I read the rest of the trilogy?

Afraid I haven't, damn it! Though I did recently find the first book in the trilogy, The Prince: The Tinieblas Trilogy, not the nice W.W. Norton edition in..."

Going to start now, I have the Norton.

message 4: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 10 comments I don't have The Prince, I was unclear. I meant I have the Norton Dissertation.

message 5: by Ned (new)

Ned Rifle | 10 comments I think I'm going to determinedly apply only to the notes when told to by the main text, I managed to avoid continuing through the notes when they say 'refer to note---' already, but who knows how long I'll be able to resist.

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 209 comments Good news! The Overlook Press has reissued the trilogy:

http://www.overlookpress.com/catalogs...

message 7: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 209 comments Also, updated info needed for this page, *cough admin*

message 8: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments MJ wrote: "Also, updated info needed for this page, *cough admin*"

Um. Admin or librarian? And how did this guy get in here? He's a goodreads author ; which strikes my prejudice bone rather solidly. If the author is doing promo for him/herself, we don't need to. I'm open to suggestions ; but it looks like this thread is DOOM'd.

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ Nicholls (mjnicholls) | 209 comments God forbid any of these BURIED authors try and find readers, we'd have to BURY them all over again!

message 10: by Nathan "N.R." (new)

Nathan "N.R." Gaddis (nathannrgaddis) | 985 comments MJ wrote: "God forbid any of these BURIED authors try and find readers, we'd have to BURY them all over again!"

Yes. But it's one of my Arbitrary First Principles. But it looks like we found Koster before Koster found himself with a goodreads=marketing account, presumably (?) set up by his publisher and then abandon'd.

I will continue to arbitrarily interpret my Arbitrary First Principles ; in this case, we can Grandfather in a Grandfather Clause -- the principle being, We found you before you found you!

[Back at The Foundation of The BBC, who woulda=thunk so many BURIED folks were still drawing breath?}]