Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess question

Who else ruined the ending on accident?
Shail Shail Mar 19, 2013 04:32PM
Am I the only person who totally ruined the story for themselves? I took the book jacket off, like I always do and then noticed something written on the inside of it. What's that? I wondered and took a look... and then totally spoiled the entire book! I mean, we're talking who ends up with who. Who has kids. Who dies and who doesn't and when. It sucks! Who puts a family tree inside the book jacket? If you must put it in there, put it in after the story is complete, at the end of the book, so I don't accidentally read it first! I'm only like 200 pages in so don't spoil it for me (again). I still want to read what actually happens. But it's going to be super anticlimactic for me. I mean, my favorite parts of Cassandra Clare's books are the really dramatic ones that make me want to throw the book across the room. But now I feel like I know what's going to happen. Whoever made the decision to do this was an idiot!

I did this too. So I knew who was going to live, who never died(cough cough), who had kids...yadda yadda. I've got to say, it does ruin a large portion of the book. Especially since she tries to fool you (view spoiler).

For me, the shock factor is most of the fun in any book. So this one, I was pretty much reading just to find out HOW everything happened.

heehee me. Im still in the beginning and i kinda sorta flipped to the epilogue and now im kinda sad. I already read the family tree :0 i cant resist!!! And I always regret it later...

That was an awful idea! Poor planning on their part. She should have at LEAST left the death dates alone. Or had the family tree as an extra thing like a poster when the paperback comes out (you know how they have mini folded posters is some books?), with a spoilers warning before you open it. It really did make me mad. Luckily there were still some twists I didn't expect, so it wasn't entirely ruined.

deleted user Oh the copy I read it was like a mini folded poster...
May 19, 2013 12:46AM
Megan At first, I squealed with excitement to see the family tree. Like fan-girl screaming! Then reality set in as I realised what it just spoiled. I was so ...more
May 22, 2013 05:31PM

Haha don't worry. the family tree doesn't spoil a lot. I mean GideonxSophie CecilyXGabriel are all what we expect. There is a twist which is set in 2008 and so the family tree wouldn't contain. Happy readings

Why did they do that ... some marketer probably thought is was a limited edition added-value thing which would sell more copies, but it was unnecessary and it totally ruined my enjoyment of the story. I accidentally stumbled on the family tree half way through which was the worst possible moment because it totally ruined the story for me.

Haha I did the same thing too! There was a family tree at the back, and I accidentally read it and spoiled the series. Damm.

Yeah I found the family tree before I started reading too, but realised what it was & refused to read it before finishing the book. No spoilers for me, but I did find it interesting when I had finished the book. I liked the family tree.

Yeah I did the same thing, I was so angry that I read that. Spoiled it. There were still some more things I didn't expect, but I ruined it.

Nellie ☾ (last edited May 23, 2013 09:44AM ) May 23, 2013 09:43AM   0 votes
I was still reading CPrince and I had already looked the shadowhunters wiki so I found out that Charlotte, Henry, and Sophie lived but Jessamine died lols. And when I was just about to start reading CPrincess, I noticed the family free at the back of my copy (since it was paperback). I thought it was a poster or something but when I opened it it was the family tree and Cecy's lovelife was revealed to me haha.