21st Century Literature discussion

Swamplandia!
This topic is about Swamplandia!
Archived General Discussions > What to Read April 2013 - Moderator Pick has been chosen

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Daniel The moderator pick for April 2013 is Swamplandia!. Many argue it should have won the Pulitzer, but the judges couldn't make the final decision on a tie-breaker (no Pulitzer for fiction was awarded that year). Hopefully we'll see everyone in the discussion threads!

Mattia Ravasi Very nice pick :)! I've read this one just (about) a month ago, I can't wait to compare our final thoughts about it ;)!

Thing Two (thingtwo) The_Bookchemist wrote: "Very nice pick :)! I've read this one just (about) a month ago, I can't wait to compare our final thoughts about it ;)!"

I finished St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves recently, and heard her talk about her writing. The first story in this collection was her jumping off point for Swamplandia. You should check it out.

Mattia Ravasi Thanks for the suggestion :) I'm really interested in both that collection and Vampires in the Lemon Grove, Russel surely knows how to give their books interesting titles and vibes ^^ I'll definitely check them out ;)!

Robin (robinmarieg) I just started the book, but I have hit upon one of the best words ever - sproingily!

Thing Two (thingtwo) Oooo ... And it's one of those "thou shall not use" ly words. I love Karen Russll's spunk.