The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1) The Unwanteds discussion

What did you think?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jess I'm almost done The Unwanteds and wondering what others think.... do you think it's a mix of The Hunger Games and Harry Potter as it says on the cover? Please post!

Jess I think people also compare to Harry Potter too much... I mean, I get that it's the biggest kids'/YA series of the century, but that doesn't mean it's the golden standard. And I think you're right, it's more like Narnia and Harry Potter.... not so much like THG. Also, it seemed like a more believable dystopian world to me.

Jess Just finished it... I really liked it, definitely going to be reading the next one!

Jess Haha ok... it might be a while before I get to it. And yeah, I totally don't think you need a second one, but since I enjoyed the first I'll try the second.

Austin The Second book is much better than the first in my opinion.

Jess I'll have to give the second one a shot Austin.... it's mostly a question of when I make it to the library.

message 7: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari I don't usually like dystopia that much, but this was really good.

Mackenzie S a g e wrote: "I kind of like the first book as a first book. Tell me how the second book is, okay? I might reconsider :)"
Okay, I personally LOVED the second book. But it is really...sad, big cliffhanger, so if you read it,which I recommend, have the third one on hand so you can pick it up as soon as you finish the second one.

Mackenzie I liked the first book too. A LOT.

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara The reason as to why this book stood out for me was because it said it was a mix of the hunger games and harry potter, my two favourite books. It was only like the hunger games for like two pages, it's more Harry Potterish because of all the magic. Nonetheless, I really liked this series.

message 11: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa The first book was better than the second book, in my opinion. The first book was all about Alex discovering Artime and learning about using his artistic talent to make magic. The second one, though . . . was sort of slow-paced and not as interesting.

Mackenzie Alyssa wrote: "The first book was better than the second book, in my opinion. The first book was all about Alex discovering Artime and learning about using his artistic talent to make magic. The second one, thoug..."
I think the second book was amazing! And the third book too!

message 13: by Peter (new) - added it

Peter I don't like the book so far because it seems too simple, and not very interesting. I have read the first 120 pages, and am debating whether or not to continue. Off of what I've read, I wouldn't recommend it.

Mackenzie Peter wrote: "I don't like the book so far because it seems too simple, and not very interesting. I have read the first 120 pages, and am debating whether or not to continue. Off of what I've read, I wouldn't ..."

What?! It's amazing! You should read all of it before you judge. Please. This is an amazing series and I would hate for you to miss out.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I WANT TO READ THE SECOND BOOK!

Maryclare Fawver Strange and stupid!!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Maryclare wrote: "Strange and stupid!!!!"

What? why do you think its stupid?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie wrote: "I WANT TO READ THE SECOND BOOK!"

I've already read the 2nd book...

๓คץค- Well, I think its kind of a mix of Hunger Games and Harry Potter, but not completely. I agree with the people that said its Narnia/Harry Potter. :)

Maddie I really like this book. I've seen in comments above that there's a second book! Sweet! Cannot wait to read it. I think it's more Hunger Games and magical versions of it than Harry Potter. I've never read Harry Potter and so far have no interest to, but if this book is kind of like it, I might consider reading it.

Mackenzie ♥♡ Missy Maddie ♡♥ wrote: "I really like this book. I've seen in comments above that there's a second book! Sweet! Cannot wait to read it. I think it's more Hunger Games and magical versions of it than Harry Potter. I've nev..."

Yes, the Unwanteds is the first in a series of seven, four of which are out. I love all the books so much! It's a great series! :)

Celestial This book, or at least the first one, is definitely like the Hunger Games. I wouldn't know if it is like Harry Potter, because I haven't read them yet.

Maddie Mackenzie wrote: "♥♡ Missy Maddie ♡♥ wrote: "I really like this book. I've seen in comments above that there's a second book! Sweet! Cannot wait to read it. I think it's more Hunger Games and magical versions of it ..."

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amina it kinda is more narnia than hunger games

Amina i dont want this series to end but at least this series has a lot more books than other series (most just have 3) i already read the 4 that are out and i love them all

DONT STOP WRITING LISA MCMANN!!!!!

message 26: by E (new) - rated it 5 stars

E I loved this series! I have read all 4 so far and they are AMAZING! I just don't think that the comarision to Hunger Games is really that true.

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc I think it's a mix of THG and HP. "A school that teaches kids magic tries to battle the society that kills children every year and places people into categories."