Classics Without All the Class discussion

Practical Classics: 50 Reasons to Reread 50 Books You Haven't Touched Since High School
This topic is about Practical Classics
What else are you reading? > Practical Classics by Kevin Smokler

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karena (new) - added it

Karena (karenafagan) Hey guys! I have an awesome announcement . Kevin Smokler the author of Practical Classics: 50 Reasons to Reread 50 Books You Haven't Touched Since High School will be on the mid May podcast. He'll be our first author ever to guest on the show. How freaking exciting is that?

If you are interested, read his book and if you have any questions for him, post them in this thread and I'll make sure I ask them during our chat.

message 2: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

LaLaLa Laura  (laurabhoffman) that's some good work, Karena! so is it on kindle?

message 3: by Karena (new) - added it

Karena (karenafagan) It is on Kindle.

It's more a collection of essays on each book. So far I've seen some spoilers, but most of these books we've read in high school or have seen movies, so it shouldn't be a lot of big spoilers.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret This book looks fantastic. And anything that mentions The Phantom Tollbooth must be good.

message 5: by Karena (new) - added it

Karena (karenafagan) Margaret wrote: "This book looks fantastic. And anything that mentions The Phantom Tollbooth must be good."

I have read the first few chapters and he makes great points about the books he's reading. And that he reads A Separate Peace not because he read it in school, but because his mom asks. um, urges him too. That was sweet. :)