Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Faelorehn (The Otherworld Series, #1)
This topic is about Faelorehn
Serieses! > Series not showing for author [Resolved]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 19, 2013 12:24PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) This series at http://www.goodreads.com/series/85440... is not showing up on author's page. I can't spot "why" to fix it.

Author's series that are showing: http://www.goodreads.com/series/list?...

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
Probably because the second book is a non-primary, which confuses the series parser.

message 3: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Hmmmm I pulled the second book down to the 4th spot. Will check again in 10 mins or so and see if it shows up in the list on the author page. If not, I'll just move it back to the second spot.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) rivka wrote: "Probably because the second book is a non-primary, which confuses the series parser."

Duh, did not see that series creator had done that, thank you. (Not even a planned edit, just something a friend recommended on goodreads feed.)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Monique wrote: "Hmmmm I pulled the second book down to the 4th spot. Will check again in 10 mins or so and see if it shows up in the list on the author page. If not, I'll just move it back to the second spot."

Series on author page itself likely takes longer than 10 minutes. But should soon show if you click series link for the author.

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments rivka wrote: "Probably because the second book is a non-primary, which confuses the series parser."

That's always been the recommended way of listing short stories, though. Has the parser changed?

message 7: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 19, 2013 01:09PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Yeah! It's in author's series now. (Change log looks odd. Says I added and deleted works. I actually just edited series description with blurb from author website.)

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The parser has always looked at the first and second books. There have been no recent changes to it that I know of.

message 9: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 19, 2013 05:28PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) @Cait, I did not get a screenshot of the original listing; but, I suspect Rivka is talking about Book #2 in series not being marked as a distinct work while Monique was talking about second position in list.

Not sure because I obviously did not spot the issue so came here for help; but, maybe that's the confusion. I expect marking as a distinct work, regardless of on-screen list position, fixed.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Debbie wrote: "I suspect Rivka is talking about Book #2 in series not being marked as a distinct work"

No.

Anyway, I moved the book back where it belongs, and it seems to be ok -- still showing on the series list, no?

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) The series is okay now and shows correctly on author page.