Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Adding Author to Anthology

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Hey there,

I've contributed stories to a number of anthologies and I'd like to have them added to my Author Profile page. After poking around a bit, it seems this is the place to ask about that. Here's the list of anthologies I'm not currently listed on:

Fem-Fangs
Dark Things II
Dark Things III
Cup of Joe (Coffee House Flash Fiction Collection)
Sinisterotica
How the West Was Wicked
Daily Flashes of Erotica – Issues 1-4
Grindhouse
Daily Bites of Flesh 2011
Daily Flash 2011
Daily Flash 2012
Daily Frights 2012
Bonded by Blood III: Languish in Lament
Gently Bleeding
Shadows of the Mind

If there's any other info I need to send, just lemme know and I'll get it done.

Thanks!
Indy

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy, I can add you as a contributor, but I would like to fully update the records with all the contributors. Do you by chance have tables of contents for these books that you could share with me?

message 3: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Absolutely. I'll need to copy it from the books themselves, so it might take me a little bit, but I'm happy to do so. I'll split the ToC for each book into a separate reply to make it a little more manageable.

Fem-Fangs (in order of appearance):

Michael Lee
Aaron Legler
Henry Uhrig
Gerri Leen
Stephanie L. Morrell
Matt Becht
Jennifer Chambers
Emma Kathryn
Indy McDaniel
Susan Horne
Karin Becht
Mark Rivett
Dean Harrison
David Perlmutter
Ray Cluley
Mark Taylor
Ellie Garratt
Lori Gordon
S. Hutson Blount
Laura J. Hickman
C.D. Reimer
Chris Bissette
Krystie Belle
Raven Corinn Carluk
F.J.R. Titchenell
Christine Purcell
Rob Rosen
Ben Langhinrichs
A.E. Grace
Darren Gallagher
Jennifer L. Barnes
Scott M. Sandridge
Richard Bist
Martha J. Allard
Iain Pattison
Kelly Metz
Darin Kennedy
Debbie Phillips Smith
Lynne Marlais
Miguel Lopez de Leon
John H. Dromey
Mark Souza

message 4: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Dark Things II (in order of appearance):

Derek Muk
Indy McDaniel
Tim Lewis
Jack Horne
David W. Landrum
Mel Clayton
Adrian Ludens
Lisa J. Marcado (she's credited under this name, but she now goes by L.J. Gastineau)
John Grover
C.J. Sully
A.J. French
George Wilhite
Matt Kurtz
Sean Graham
Scott M. Sandridge
Piper Morgan
Shane McKenzie
Matthue Roth
Adam P. Lewis
Thomas A. Erb
Joseph Mulak
Kurt M. Criscione.

message 5: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Dark Things III (in order of appearance):

Marc Sorondo
Eva Glynn Stephens
Gregory L. Norris
Samantha Sterner
Karen L. Newman
Robert Essig
J. Matthew Saunders
Laurita Miller
William Wood
R. Warren Smith
Quinn Hernandez
David Bernstein
Indy McDaniel
Jonathan Sweet
Miguel Lopez de Leon
Sean Graham

message 6: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Sinisterotica (in order of appearance):

Stella Berkley
Deb Eskie
Robert S. Tyler
Lila Shaw
Gustavo Bondoni
Maxine Marsh
Sealey Andrews
Christopher Heath
C.D. Reimer
T.C. Clark
L.M. Doyle
Joshua Dobson
Indy McDaniel
Parisa Syrus
A.J. French
Angel Propps
Matt Kurtz
J. Leigh Bailey
Peter Baltensperger
Lawrence Vernon
Anton Strauss
R. Brennan
Roxanne Rhoads
Eden Royce.

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Thanks so much for doing this! I'm working on getting you added to all the titles. It's slow going as I'm verifying everything, but your help will speed things up. :-)

Thanks again!

message 8: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments How the West Was Wicked (in order of appearance):

Shane McKenzie
Jaleta Clegg
Wesley Dylan Gray
Mark Wise
A.M. Burns
Heather Whittington
Timothy Friend
Jason S. Ridler
Peter Giglio
Alexis Hunter
Scott T. Goudsward
Jeff Chapman
Rob Rosen
John M. Whalen
Timothy Miller
Colby Elliott
Joseph Ferguson
O.M. Grey
Matt Kurtz
Ray Cluley
J. Lloyd Morgan
Lori Van Pelt
Kris Triana
Brett B. Johnson
Indy McDaniel

message 9: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Jen: Definitely not a problem. If I can help the other contributors get added, it's well worth the time. I do think I'm going to take a little break at the moment, but I'll get through the rest of the listed anthologies. The 'Daily Flashes' ones will most likely take quite a bit, as most don't have a ToC and (while there's a lot of stories from the same authors) there's a slew of contributors in those. So I might save those for last and/or do em month by month, but I'll get through em.

message 10: by Jen (last edited Mar 19, 2013 02:15PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments No worries, Indy. I'm really grateful for your help! And to be honest, I'm relieved you're taking a break, as I need one, too. ;)

I'm making sure all the authors are matched up properly, just in case there are two or more with the same name. In the process, I'm cleaning up their books by combining editions, etc.

But if nothing else, before I go to bed tonight (it's only 2:15p here now, so bedtime is a way off), I'll be sure to get you added as a contributor to all the books. The rest (meaning the rest of the clean up I'm doing) can be done later.

Thanks again for your help!

message 11: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Happy to help. I'll scale back the listings to 'slow and steady' so as not to pile a hugely overwhelming chunk of work on you all at once. Make it easier on both of us and all that.

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments No worries, Indy. Do as much (or as little) as you feel up to doing. I'm enjoying working on your books. :-)

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy...Question for you...You included Daily Flashes of Erotica – Issues 1-4 in your list. I was only able to locate Quarters 1 and 2, though. Do the other two need to be added? Here are the two I found (and added you to):
Daily Flashes of Erotica Quarterly
Daily Flashes of Erotica Quarterly #2

If the other two quarterly issues need to be added, I can do that if you have the info on them. (We're not allowed to use any information from Amazon.com or any other bookseller site.)

If the other two quarterly issues are already in Goodreads, do you know where they are? I wasn't able to find them by searching for Daily Flashes of Erotica.

message 14: by Jen (last edited Mar 19, 2013 08:47PM) (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy, All of the books you listed (except for the above-referenced Daily Flashes of Erotica Quarterly #3 and #4) now have you as a linked Contributor, so they should all be view-able from your author page. (I checked and I can see them.)

The titles you were able to give me Table-of-Contents author information for have all had at least one edition updated to included everyone.

You're not all on all the editions for every title however. I'll work on filling in those holes tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your help. I'm having fun updating your works. :-)

message 15: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Hey Jen, don't think you've got Daily Flashes of Erotica Quarterly 3 and 4 on the site. I have copies of both, so if I give you the info directly from em, that'll be acceptable, yea?

If so, I can do that later today when I get back from school.

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Indy wrote: "Hey Jen, don't think you've got Daily Flashes of Erotica Quarterly 3 and 4 on the site. I have copies of both, so if I give you the info directly from em, that'll be acceptable, yea?

If so, I can..."

Yes, Indy, that will work perfectly! Do you have a scanner by any chance? If you could scan the covers, we can get those uploaded, too. :-)

Thanks!

message 17: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Yep. Will do. Just got home, so I'm gonna eat dinner and then I'll warm up the scanner.

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Fem-Fangs
Dark Things II: A Horror Anthology
Dark Things III: A Horror Anthology
Sinisterotica: A Collection of Erotic Horror
How the West Was Wicked

Hi Indy...The above titles have you and the other contributors you gave me added to all editions. I added covers and other info where I was able to get them without copying from a bookseller site. :-)

I'll look forward to getting more info from you soon so I can continue with this incredibly fun project!

message 19: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Hey Jen. Sorry it took me so long to get back. Had some issues trying to log-in. Had to reset my password, but everything seems alright now. How would you like me to send the covers for Daily Flashes of Erotica - Issues 3 and 4?

In the meantime, continuing down the list of anthologies...

Grindhouse (in order of appearance)

Jason Radak
Airika Sneve
Rebecca Besser
Dustin Walker
Dustin Reade
Jay Wilburn
R.W. Hawkins
Wayne C. Rogers
Indy McDaniel
Patrick Macadoo
Joshua Dobson
Philip Roberts
Zoe Adams
Holly Day
Allen Jacoby
Dale Eldon
Wesley Southard and Nikki McKenzie (the story was co-authored by both of them)

message 20: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Oh, and just noticed that you don't have cover art for Bonded by Blood III or Gently Bleeding. I've got copies of both of those, so I can scan em in, too.

message 21: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy! No worries on taking awhile to get back to me. I've been able to fill my time with other endeavors. :-)

I'll get to work on Grindhouse for you. Thanks for the info!

And for the missing covers of Bonded... and Gently Bleeding, I sent you a message with my e-mail address. :-)

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy,

I kept getting distracted and forgot to let you know...

Grindhouse is now all updated.

Thanks for the info on it!

message 23: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Just shot over the email with the cover scans. Figured I'd continue to be an annoyance and add some further anthology contributor info here.

Also, I have a few other indie press anthologies in my library. I haven't checked yet to see if they all have covers/full list of contributors on here, but if not, I'd be more than willing to offer up the info for those, too. I'll look over the ones I've got and compare it to the info already on here to make sure it's not all redundant info and all.

Anyway, onto the long list of names...

Bonded by Blood III (in order of appearance)
James Cheetham
Elizadeth Hetherington
Suzie Bradshaw
Sierra Brown
Trevor Donaldson
Carole Gill
John Barnes
Kay Jakabs
Ryan Sayles
Alex Rios
Amanda Larson
Indy McDaniel
John Arthur Miller
Kevin McClintock
Brett Matthew Graham
Adrien Ludens
Phillip Roberts
Andrew Black
Paula Ray
Lava Payne
Laurie Doyle
A.J. Madden
A.J. Brown
Brian Johnpeer
Karen Gillard

message 24: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments And since it's a fairly short list of names compared to the others, I figured I'd toss in Gently Bleedings contributors today, too.

All of the stories were co-authored by Steven Marshall with a selection of other writers, who are:

Jason Keene
Joel Peterson
John Arthur Miller
Indy McDaniel
Gina Lombardi

And now that I've sufficiently bugged you enough for one day, I shall take a break.

message 25: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Indy wrote: "Just shot over the email with the cover scans. Figured I'd continue to be an annoyance and add some further anthology contributor info here. ..."

Thanks for the new info and the e-mail, Indy! I'll work on these updates today!

Indy wrote: "And since it's a fairly short list of names compared to the others, I figured I'd toss in Gently Bleedings contributors today, too.

All of the stories were co-authored by Steven Marshall with a selection of other writers, who are:..."

I don't quite understand this, but I can list Steven Marshall and the five names you gave me as authors for the listing. Did you mean that each of the five co-wrote a story with Steven Marshall? Sorry for my confusion!

Thanks again for all this info and the e-mail! And you're not a nuisance; I truly do enjoy working on this project for you, so "bug" away! :-)

message 26: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments That's exactly it. Gently Bleeding is an anthology of collaborations with Steven Marshall, so each of the five stories was co-written with him. Wasn't sure if that changed the way things were listed on here or not.

message 27: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Goodreads doesn't have the ability to add "Steven Marshall and Indy McDaniel" as co-authors unless that "name" is created as a single new author. But I can (and will) add a note to the description that says what you wrote about it being a collaborative effort. :-)

message 28: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy,

I updated Bonded By Blood III: Languish in Lament and Gently Bleeding with the authors and covers you sent me. I also added the cover to Black Melt. I'll work on getting the other covers uploaded (and the books added) tomorrow after I've had some sleep.

message 29: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Lane (leighmlane) | 21 comments Hi! I need my name (Leigh M. Lane) added to an anthology as a contributing author.

The Speed of Dark

Thanks!

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Leigh wrote: "Hi! I need my name (Leigh M. Lane) added to an anthology as a contributing author.

The Speed of Dark

Thanks!"

Added

Do you have a list of all the authors?

message 31: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Lane (leighmlane) | 21 comments Amanda wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Hi! I need my name (Leigh M. Lane) added to an anthology as a contributing author.

The Speed of Dark

Thanks!"

Added

Do you have a list of all the authors?"

Thank you. Yes, I do have a list of the other authors: E.J. Ruek, Cynthia A. Ainsworth, John B. Rosenman, Kenneth Weene, Clayton Bye, Micki Peluso, Lyn McConchie, Eduard Garcon, Marion Webb-De Sisto, Tonya Moore, Tim Fleming, Casey Wolf, James Secor, Tony Richards, Mary Firmin, Minna van der Pfaltz, Megan Johns, and Gerald Rice.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Got them added

message 33: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments Hi Indy, you have now been added as a contributor to Erotica Quarterly #3 and Erotica Quarterly #4. I found records for these two on Goodreads thanks to information provided on the covers you sent me. Thanks!

I apologize that I didn't get you added to these two until today. As it turned out, I needed to take yesterday "off" for health reasons.

Thanks again for your e-mail with the five books' covers. I'm looking forward to getting more info from you so I can continue this fun project.

message 34: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Lane (leighmlane) | 21 comments Amanda wrote: "Got them added"

Thank you, Amanda.

message 35: by Indy (new)

Indy McDaniel | 16 comments Hey Jen, just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about the project, but I'm hip deep in the last couple weeks of school for this semester and that paired with a few other things have gotten me bogged down. But I shall return with contributor names! Oh, so many contributor names will I have.

message 36: by Jen (new)

Jen (reader44ever) | 183 comments It's all good, Indy. I've been having a rough couple of weeks myself. I'll look forward to hearing from you when things calm down. :-)