Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

David Baldacci
This topic is about David Baldacci
Authors > David Baldacci

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4741 comments Mod
I read The Innocent not so long ago, and really liked it. I like this author's style.

Are there any other members on the group who read and enjoy his work? Which ones are your favorites? Any other comments on this author.

I have Zero Day in the pile, so I'll probably read that one next by Baldacci.

message 2: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan | 274 comments Although I have almost every book of Baldacci (except the new ones) on my shelf, I unfortunately haven't yet get around to read them. But some of my friends are huge fan of his books. There're 2 major series, Camel Club, which is more like political conspiracy thriller, and the other is King & Maxwell, which is crime mystery thriller with some conspiracy thrown in.

Zero Day (& its sequel The Forgotten) & Innocent both are looking really good, so who knows, maybe I'll just finally start Baldacci with those.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I have the issue with authors, collecting lots of their books and slow to get around to reading them, Rizwan.

I can vouch for The Innocent.

message 4: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan | 274 comments I'm the guiltiest person of that crime. Since I was 10 years old I'm buying books (never really into borrowing from / lending to others, mostly because I lost many of my books that way), And as I grew up, till today I never slow down my collecting speed (feels like my duty you know), but its so painful that I really don't have time to read as much as I want to. So as a result, I now have hundreds and hundreds of unread books in my library with only a fraction of it on my "very next read" pile :(

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Mar 18, 2013 07:28PM) (new)

I am so happy to meet another avid collector. I see my enormous collection of books and think I need to stop, but I love books too much!

message 6: by Tad (new)

Tad (tottman) | 74 comments I'm glad I'm not the only one. I also have bookshelves literally with hundreds of unread books, including a Baldacci that I've never (yet) gotten around too. I think it's Total Control. I've got a stack of 6 books I made at the beginning of the year that I really have to get too (actually it's 2 stacks of about 6 each) but I haven't even gotten to any of them yet because other books keep jumping in front!

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

That happens to me a lot, Tad. And I have succumbed to the allure of my awesome library. So between review books and library books, my stack of owned books just keep multiplying like rabbits.

message 8: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan | 274 comments Looks like there's a show called "King & Maxwell" started from yesterday in TNT which is based on Baldacci's Sean King & Michelle Maxwell series of books....Any one interested? I'll obviously check it out myself.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402129/

message 9: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Thanks, Rizwan! I didn't know about this show and it does look interesting. I'll be sure and check it out.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Oh, wow. I didn't know that was based on the books. Cool!

message 11: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
I've seen this advertised. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Rizwan!

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I watched one episode, and I liked it. I just keep forgetting to watch it...

message 13: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan | 274 comments I, Curmudgeon wrote: "I've seen this advertised. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Rizwan!"

My pleasure, Hugh.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 271 comments I'll be picking up The Innocent from the library in two days!

message 15: by Magiccats (last edited Jul 06, 2013 05:50AM) (new)

Magiccats | 280 comments Yes, will check the King and Maxwell ones too. Thanks Rizwan

I really enjoyed the innocent. That was the first of his books I have read. He is definitely now on my best authors list.

message 16: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Mac | 2 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I read The Innocent not so long ago, and really liked it. I like this author's style.

Are there any other members on the group who read and enjoy his work? Which ones are your favorites? Any o..."

Zero Day was good, but I loved The Innocent. Love the young girl's strong character. Read an old one recently - First Family - interesting look inside the presidency.

message 17: by David (last edited Jul 12, 2013 11:55AM) (new)

David Dalton | 152 comments I just read "The Hit" (digital library loan) and loved it! My first David Bladacci read. I have "The Innocent" on my Kindle (I bought that one) and thanks to my digital library, I have access to several more Baldacci titles. After "The Innocent" I may try for "Last Man Standing".

Reading "The Hit" brought back many good memories from when I was first reading Robert Ludlum books back in the 70's. My best full-length thriller of 2013 by far.

message 18: by David (new)

David Pileggi (ddavidpileggi25) @David, yes I too thought back to early Ludlum books, i wasn't sure why but it reminded me of it. I have on my shelf Zero Day which is also by Baldacci. I believe it is apart of his John puller series, but correct me if I'm wrong. You will have to let me know what you think about some of his other books, cause I would like to give them a shot,

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Zero Day is indeed the first book in the John Puller series. I think this will be my next read by him.

message 20: by David (new)

David Pileggi (ddavidpileggi25) Thank you,

Well then your going to have to let me know what you think of it, because I have a few books i want to read in front of it haha

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

You may beat me to it. I am all over the place with my reading! I just got a bunch of graphic novels from my library (and that's in addition to the other stuff I'm supposed to be reading this month).

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 271 comments Just started The Innocent. This is my first Baldacci book. For some odd reason, I haven't read him before. The story keeps moving along and there is plenty of action. However, it's not the kind of action where people are running up walls or driving motorcycles along rooftops. In short, everything is plausible, which is an element that I like.

The setup was good and now I'm thinking, how will he get outta this mess?

message 23: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I've read both books in the Will Robie series and they were both excellent! I sure hope Ballaccci continues the series.

I like the way this guy writes and hopefully I'll get a chance soon to read more of his books.

message 24: by Mark (new)

Mark Chisnell (markchisnell) | 255 comments Zero Day is good, but not as good as the original - a Jack Reacher... :-)

message 25: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 115 comments Eileen wrote: "I've read both books in the Will Robie series and they were both excellent! I sure hope Ballaccci continues the series.

I like the way this guy writes and hopefully I'll get a chance soon to read..."

I really like the Robe series as well.