Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

Group Read: St. Bruno > TMSB Chapter 12: Death of a Witch

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Comment with your thoughts on this chapter.

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Just realized no one commented after this chapter. So I'll do the honors. It was nice to see Salter wasn't an evil person, and it was a fitting end for her.
And nice that she clued DamGirl in on the confession factor.

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Fiorito (tudordaughter) | 30 comments I agree Marie. She was an interesting character which truly I wish would have been a little more developed. Sometimes I was confused was she Keisha's grandmother or mother. She seemed to be kind of old and knarly to be her mother. It was great that she could die in a nice bed in clean surroundings.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Susie wrote: "I agree Marie. She was an interesting character which truly I wish would have been a little more developed. Sometimes I was confused was she Keisha's grandmother or mother. She seemed to be kind of..."

I agree...this character could have featured far more prominently and been very interesting.

message 5: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments Maybe someone should write an offshoot novel featuring Kate and Mother Salter? Haha she was definitely interesting! And yes, it's good she was able to die the way she did.