Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

Group Read: St. Bruno > TMSB Chapter 9: The Passing of an Age

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Comment with your thoughts on this chapter.

message 2: by Marie (new)

Lord Remus goes to Scotland in the company of Norfolk; If memory serves they are not successful.. does that mean Remus is going to die leaving the doors open for Bruno and Kate?

message 3: by Marie (new)

Kate says "we will be like fruit on a tree...First the buds, then the fruit and when our time comes we shall drop off one by one. But we shall always be on the same branch, Damask. Remember that."

message 4: by Marie (new)

And then of course Damask does not think it's very important because she was so absorbed by her child.
I'm afraid to look at the family tree. There is one that I copied onto my blog for future reference.

message 5: by Marie (new)

And it seems my initial fears for Lord Remus were unfounded... so far....

message 6: by Marie (new)

I finished the chapter. Definitely the passing of an age.. And I do feel bad for DamGirl, I guess I am too nice that way. That she is so naïve you do want to throttle her! I don't like Bruno at all, WTF is going on behind the scenes I wonder?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie wrote: "I finished the chapter. Definitely the passing of an age.. And I do feel bad for DamGirl, I guess I am too nice that way. That she is so naïve you do want to throttle her! I don't like Bruno at all..."

Yes, you are just too nice, ha. "What did I know of this strange man who was my husband? What had I ever known?" I get the impression that DamGirl married him out of pride....pride that she could marry someone Kate had obviously been taken with. There aren't too many things DamGirl could have if Kate wanted them, so this was pride. And we all know pride goeth before the fall.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Definitely agree!! DamGirl is bound for some upheaval! I am pausing in the reading of this one & will pick it up in a few days. Despite the head banging moments- I do enjoy the fun style of it, & so far I am still interested in continuing with the series at some point.

message 9: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments Despite my frustration with DamGirl and my obvious dislike of Bruno, I am enjoying this novel! I think Michele's hypothesis that DamGirl married him for pride sounds right. Though she's so pure in mind and intention, I think she always had an unspoken rivalry with Kate when it came to Bruno.