Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

Group Read: St. Bruno > TMSB Chapter 7: The Owner of the Abbey

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 535 comments Mod
Comment with your thoughts on this chapter.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So was anyone surprised by the owner showing up? And does anyone have any obvious guesses how he can afford it? ;)

message 3: by Marie (new)

I just started the chapter... And YAY he's back!!!!
And I'm wondering what happened to the jeweled madonna....hmmmmmm

message 4: by Marie (new)

(But... of course he comes back JUST when DamGirl just might have decided to go with Rupert)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie wrote: "I just started the chapter... And YAY he's back!!!!
And I'm wondering what happened to the jeweled madonna....hmmmmmm"

Bells and whistles going off....you are a winner, lol. So if we, the readers, were smart enough for this to come to mind immediately, how come Miss Smarty Pants DamGirl doesn't think of that?

message 6: by Marie (new)

LOL Miss Smarty Pants! I don't understand why she is not THANKFUL and running to Rupert for offering her a safe haven. What can Bruno offer her, even if he did love her? Wasn't his eyes only for Kate? And then of course there is Kate's child... (making me madder at her now).. WHY is she so impressed with Bruno, over Rupert? I would kiss mama bye bye, leave pop's head ALONE for pity's sake, that poor man.. and go have a happily ever after with Rupert.

So I wonder where the story shall lead.

message 7: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments I agree about Bruno and Kate!!! I thought he had a strange relationship with her in the beginning..and now that's just gone? He just MAGICALLY only has eyes for DamGirl? I don't think so.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly....it's hard to conjure up much sympathy for DamGirl.

message 9: by Marie (new)

I finished this chapter -I didn't expect it all to happen so fast!
I wonder if something happened where Kate told Bruno that she would not run away with him .. Before.. Perhaps because he was penniless. And now she is mad because she found that he did have jewels.
Is Bruno marrying Damask as revenge on Kate?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie wrote: "I finished this chapter -I didn't expect it all to happen so fast!
I wonder if something happened where Kate told Bruno that she would not run away with him .. Before.. Perhaps because he was penn..."

That was my guess!

message 11: by Marie (new)

I can't help but wonder where that Honeysuckle baby fits into all this

message 12: by Marie (new)

Ha ha spoke too soon