Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Alien-creature exovet? Check. Cross-species ESP? Check. Off-world crushes? Check. Win a FREE copy of Zenn Scarlett? chekchekchek...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian Schoon | 5 comments When you're training to be an exoveterinarian specializing in the treatment of big, dangerous alien creatures, school is... a whole different kind of animal.

Enter to win one of three FREE advance copies of
Zenn Scarlett!

Zenn Scarlett Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon

From Strange Chemistry Books
Distrib. in US/CAN by Random House

Phoebe North (STARGLASS) says it's "... a debut to remember. Highly recommended!" E.C. Meyers (Nebula Award nominated author of FAIR COIN) calls it "thrilling... the breathtaking conclusion will leave you desperate for more!" Temple Grandin (ANIMALS IN TRANSLATION) says "All future veterinarians will want to read Zenn Scarlett and her adventures with veterinary medicine on alien animals." And Mike Mullin (ASHFALL, ASHEN WINTER) finds it "...delightful, bizarre, and occasionally terrifying."

Enter now to win your copy of Zenn Scarlett
(or, you could wait to buy it when it comes out on May 2 in the UK, and May 7 in the US/Canada... Seems like a kind of a long time, tho... tick... tick... tick.)

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments Thanks Christian!

I've entered. I have to have this. Sounds amazing and would be so fun to review. Will be at Amazon ASAP if I don't win it!

Happy Debut!

Laura

message 3: by Christian (new)

Christian Schoon | 5 comments Hi Laura & a big, eight-legged thanks for your comment & for entering the Zenn giveaway. At the risk of sounding presumptuous: (who? me??) there's lots more info on the book at christianschoon.com

So glad to know there are humans out there who like the idea of an exovet heroine and her ginormous-awesome alien patients. Good luck in the contest!!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments Just had a thought. What a book trailer this would make!!

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian Schoon | 5 comments Yes! I've had visions of what a really decent trailer might be like... but need to get the Skywalker Ranch VFX wizards lined up first. Wonder what their hourly rate is....? :D

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments As you said about the alien patients Ginormous!

Heading over to blog now. See you there!

You can stop by mine to see where your review will be as soon as I win it:) lol

http://fuonlyknew.com

message 7: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments How do you enter??????!!!!!!!!! I really want to read this book!!!!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments Meagan wrote: "How do you enter??????!!!!!!!!! I really want to read this book!!!!"

Just click on the link next to the cover above! It takes you to the goodreads page and scroll down a little. You'll see the enter button!

I want this too! Will be buying it, for sure, if I don't win!

message 9: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments Thanks!