Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

Group Read: St. Bruno > TMSB Chapter 4: A Child is Born

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Comment with your thoughts on this chapter.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Fiorito (tudordaughter) | 30 comments Keziah is really the character I felt the most sorry for in this story! She was such a pawn. She loved her men though, even after being brutalized by Rolf Weaver she thought he was such a "man". She seemed to be happy to give birth to "Honey" and leave her to Damask with a chance of a better life.

message 3: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments I'm flying through this novel a lot faster than I thought I would, and I'm enjoying it! Susie, I also felt so sorry for Keziah. I really thought she was a great character and I just wished her life could have been a bit happier--she deserved that at least. And although she does not get to see Honey grow up, she did what she wanted to do and had her baby finally. And at least Damask is such a great person that she will be able to help Honey get along in life :)

message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 536 comments Mod
Awwwww THIS child is not who I expected the title was referring to. Mother Salter!!! When she pressed that rosemary sprig into DamGirl's hand, I was mentally screaming at her to throw it out, it's a curse!!
(Honey - what another SMH name!)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie wrote: "Awwwww THIS child is not who I expected the title was referring to. Mother Salter!!! When she pressed that rosemary sprig into DamGirl's hand, I was mentally screaming at her to throw it out, it's ..."

Can't stand the name Honey, either, lol.

message 6: by MaryKate (new)

MaryKate (marykate711) | 202 comments Ah! Mother Salter gives me the willies. And the name Honey seems too much like a gimmick for me :)