The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

The After/Life
This topic is about The After/Life
The After/Life - read the book - support an orphanage

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments The After/Life has just won the best ebook cover award on the Bookdesigner website! Check it out here!: http://www.thebookdesigner.com/

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments the reviewer calls it: "Fantastic and unique. I keep looking for designers who are willing to step out of the confines of “book” and this one delivers. Combined with a unique visual approach and tasteful typography, the branding of this cover is so strong it can’t be mistaken for any other."

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments 68 other covers were presented at the contest for fiction category alone. There were some very worthy contenders and it felt very special to be selected.

message 4: by DENISA (new)

DENISA HOWE | 115 comments Vardan wrote: "68 other covers were presented at the contest for fiction category alone. There were some very worthy contenders and it felt very special to be selected."

That is simply wonderful!!!!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments Denisa wrote: "Vardan wrote: "68 other covers were presented at the contest for fiction category alone. There were some very worthy contenders and it felt very special to be selected."

That is simply wonderful!!!!"

Thanks so much Denisa :)

message 6: by Angel (new) - added it

Angel Lepire | 14 comments That's awesome, congratulations! It is a very distinctive cover. Well deserved!

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments Angel wrote: "That's awesome, congratulations! It is a very distinctive cover. Well deserved!"

Thank you for the kind words Angel, I made it myself and had no idea it would get such attention. Being the only sci fi writer from Armenia I really had no tangible expectations when I published my novel (really uncharted territory here, believe me:)) but have since been really overwhelmed by the support of the people especially in the Goodreads community. Once again thank you, your support means a lot to me.

Of course there have been times when some people have been mean and rude but that has been just an exception and the amount of goodwill in supporting a writer with his debut work has been unbelievable.

Vardan Partamyan (vardanpartamyan) | 186 comments There is one thing I would like to share with the members of the group concerning The After/Life novel. All the royalties I have so far received for the novel (something like 80$) and all the royalties I will receive have been and will be donated to an orphanage in Gyumri town of Armenia. It is a special needs kids orphanage - the only one in our country. The building of the orphanage has been renovated by the foundation I work at but the kids still need that extra attention - the toys and the clothing and that little things that make them feel that there is still kindness in the world and no matter how hard the challenges and long the way there will always be someone to hold your hand and help you along on your way forward. As I move forward with this initiative, watch this space to see photo-stories on what's been accomplished.