r/books discussion

Open Discussion > Share your book blogs!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darliza (last edited Mar 19, 2013 06:48PM) (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Hi, guys. I recently started a book blog called The Book Experience and I was hoping to meet other book bloggers as well.

Do you have a book blog? If so, please share below! I would love to add yours to my RSS reading list. :)

message 2: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
I had a book blog via Tumblr, and after discovering goodreads I kind of regret deleting my Tumblr account. Perhaps I will try and make another one.

message 3: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Thanks, Frank. It's funny coz I actually started the book blog when I saw that particular layout. haha.

message 4: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments @Rosanna: Let me know if you start a new one! I love reading book blogs. keep me updated on yours too, Frank. :)

message 5: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo (ricardob) | 15 comments I've always felt that a lot of these type of blogs would benefit from joining multiple readers\reviewers interested in blogging. It's frustrating to load up the site and seeing no new content, which happens a lot with most independent blogs, particularly the well thought-out and written blogs.

message 6: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Ricardo wrote: "I've always felt that a lot of these type of blogs would benefit from joining multiple readers\reviewers interested in blogging. It's frustrating to load up the site and seeing no new content, whic..."

That's a good insight. I did start mine for purely personal reasons (to encourage me to read more) and a lot of blogs I follow started theirs the same way. It's kind of sad to check up on my reader and see posts that are few and far between, which is why I would love to see more personal blogs. More followed blogs would hopefully increase the number of posts I get to read on a regular basis.

You just motivated me to step up my reading and create a new post. LOL! :)

message 7: by Rose, Mod (new)

Frank wrote: "@Ricardo An interesting idea (if indeed that's what you meant by this). Any feelings on perhaps starting an /r/ books-Goodreads blog? Perhaps so we can post what we feel to be particularly good ent..."

I was actually thinking of just this! I was thinking that if I were to start a book blog, I'd actually like multiple contributors as I found that writing a single book blog for myself felt a bit dull for any readers. They'd have to be interested in the books I was reading and I wouldn't know how to open doors to different genres.

message 8: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Rose wrote: "Frank wrote: "@Ricardo An interesting idea (if indeed that's what you meant by this). Any feelings on perhaps starting an /r/ books-Goodreads blog? Perhaps so we can post what we feel to be particu..."

A group book blog would also be a great place for us to "dump" our discussions or thoughts during our Book Support Group readings, or for the Monthly Reads.

message 9: by Ricardo (last edited Mar 22, 2013 04:01PM) (new)

Ricardo (ricardob) | 15 comments If indeed there is interest, it's a matter of choosing a blog name(on wordpress you can only use letters or numbers) registering and inviting members as authors(this way everyone can freely change their material).

I would definitely contribute with reviews of books as I read them. I usually just write my impressions on a notebook, but I can make the effort of cleaning up the text.

Would like to see more people joining in. I just checked and we have 197 people in this group...where are they?

message 10: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo (ricardob) | 15 comments Frank wrote: "I think with the four of us (and maybe one or two more), we'd probably be getting new posts once every few days to a week. Think that's too seldom?"

Not at all, but it's always nice to see a larger group.

message 11: by Rose, Mod (new)

If you all would like to contribute to a group book blog, let me know! I would be more than willing to oversee it's creation :)

message 12: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments I can post compiled posts (e.g. bookfaces, thoughts, questions, favorite quotes) from the Book Support Group for Dune in the group blog. :) Count me in, Rose.

message 13: by Rose, Mod (last edited Mar 22, 2013 11:19PM) (new)

Awesome... now let's come up with names! Haha. For some reason I was thinking; our fwd slash books - a play on words.

message 14: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo (ricardob) | 15 comments fwdslashbooks is good.

message 15: by Rose, Mod (new)

Alright guys, so I took the time to create...

http://fwdslashbooks.wordpress.com/

Now all we need is some content! If you'd like to contribute to the blog, please email fwdslashbooks@gmail.com

I'm going to oversee a few things with this blog:

-Take recent and popular posts and create a "weekly round-up."
-Obviously administrate and diddle around with aesthetics.
-Bug you guys for content.

What I figure everyone will help to contribute with:

-Thoughts about current reads (such as current impressions, etc.)
-Reviews
-News, announcements - it'd be a perfect platform to announce events such as the reddit gift exchanges, new book releases, etc.

Please let me know what you all think!

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) This is great! Would you guys like a subtopic for the blog? Under it you could post when there is a new post and what-not.

message 17: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 7 comments Ricardo wrote: "Would like to see more people joining in. I just checked and we have 197 people in this group...where are they? ..."

Lurking in the shadows.

message 18: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Rose wrote: "Alright guys, so I took the time to create...

http://fwdslashbooks.wordpress.com/

Now all we need is some content! If you'd like to contribute to the blog, please email fwdslashbooks@gmail.com

I..."

Thanks for the initiative, Rose! It looks like my book blog though. LOL

E-mailed you for the membership thing. :)

message 19: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

Stephanie (lastnightsbook) | 346 comments Mod
@Rose, would you take submissions for book reviews/experiences?

message 20: by Rose, Mod (new)

Annie wrote: "@Rose, would you take submissions for book reviews/experiences?"

Yes :)

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) hey guys, under 'book-related discussion' FWD SLASH BOOKS now has a pinned topic for you guys to comment on when you update the blog or however you want to use it. If you want me to edit the original post let me know and I will!

message 22: by Amal (new)

Amal Here's mine http://repassion.wordpress.com/ Enjoy :)

message 23: by Rose, Mod (new)

Yay, this post is back from the dead! I would have otherwise felt a bit guilty about the shameless self-promotion. http://iliveliterary.blogspot.com

message 24: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (ryanthebookworm) Started one today. http://ryanthebookworm.blogspot.com/ :)

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (schirmang678) | 1 comments Here is mine: http://onlytrickinthebook.blogspot.com Enjoy! :)