Memoir Authors discussion

Rosina, the Midwife
This topic is about Rosina, the Midwife
Share Your Books and Writing > Less than one week old...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica Kluthe (jessica_kluthe) | 29 comments Hi everyone!

I have great news to share: my first book, Rosina, The Midwife has been officially sent out into the world.

It was released earlier this week. I've learned a few things this week that I thought some of you may find useful and have decided to keep a little list here; I may eventually turn this into a blog post...

1) Do a Goodreads Giveaway! I can't tell you how useful this was. I had over 400 people add Rosina, The Midwife to their "to - read" shelf, and have received some reviews from those that one the Advanced Reading Copies. It was a great way to create some interest before publication and to meet some new people through Goodreads. Highly recommend doing this!

2) Where do you sign? I didn't have a clue where to sign at my first event. My publisher whispered into my ear that I had been signing the wrong page. It is customary to sign the inside "title page" -- the page that has your name and the title of the book. Some authors even cross out their printed name and sign beneath that. Of course, it isn't a big deal either way.

3) Have a working website before publication. I have had a lot of people reach me through my site since my book has been released, and I think a website creates an easy way for readers, reviewers, etc. to reach you. As well, I have sold some books directly through my site (I had a website designer hook PayPal up to my site); so far, I would say it was well worth the work of creating a website.

I hope you are all doing well. Happy writing and reading!

Jessica

message 2: by Syed (new)

Syed Jamil (syedsabirjamil) | 39 comments Many thanks Jessica for the valuable information you shared. Wish you the best of luck. Just to let you know, my biographical work, "Digha Lodge: A Short History of the Jamil Family" is out there waiting for objective reviews by members. Cheers! Jessica wrote: "Hi everyone!

I have great news to share: my first book, Rosina, The Midwife has been officially sent out into the world.

It was released earlier this week. I've learned a few things this week t..."

message 3: by Leila (new) - added it

Leila Summers (leilasummers) | 770 comments Congratulations Jessica! I look forward to reading your book one day!

Jessica Kluthe (jessica_kluthe) | 29 comments Thank you! If you're interested in reading some excerpts, Google Books has a pretty substantial amount for a preview available here: http://books.google.ca/books?id=xScsd...