The Imposter Bride The Imposter Bride discussion

question

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Violeta I read and sort of enjoyed this book, but never really understood why Lily left her daughter and her husband.

Denicemarcell She was not a full person with them and had issues to resolve, perhaps survivors guilt. Also it was probably difficult to see a daughter achieving and passing the stages her previous daughter didn't. As the third child was a son the contrast was not strong though she started sending the rocks to kind of acknowlege the daughter and her own grief.

Violeta Denicemarcell wrote: "She was not a full person with them and had issues to resolve, perhaps survivors guilt. Also it was probably difficult to see a daughter achieving and passing the stages her previous daughter didn..."

Denicemarcell wrote: "She was not a full person with them and had issues to resolve, perhaps survivors guilt. Also it was probably difficult to see a daughter achieving and passing the stages her previous daughter didn..."

Thanks for your answer. Good insight.I never thought of that.

message 4: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat Excellent thoughts. Thanks, Denicemarcell.

I think I might have tried to pursue a meeting with my half brother, Anton, so my children could have cousins.
Also perhaps I could have more of a feel for what sort of a person her mother was really. But then again, that is actually opening a can of worms too.

message 5: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat I just checked this site and wanted to clarify, where I said "I think" I meant to say, "If I were Ruth" I might have tried to pursue a meeting.....
Sorry. Just to clarify.