BOOK-A-HOLICS discussion

Reading Resources > swaptree

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylewilk) ideal site for idiots like us who keep buying books! i currently need: we were the mulvaneys and i am willing to offer: the emperor's children. as soon as i get home and get the upc code off of my emperor's children, i'm going to log on to swaptree, put in what i want, put in what i'm willing to offer, and see if their logic engine produces a match.

will touch back and update on what happened....

kyle

message 2: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylewilk) ok. here i am after the swaptree experiment. it's not bad. i'd recommend it. you simply put in things you want and things you have and a matching engine tells you if someone else has what you want and wants what you have. obviously, it also calculates 3rd party trades. you can also zero in on books and see what books someone has up for trade....probably very useful for the goodreads community.

message 3: by Wes, Moderator (new)

Wes (pricerightbooks) | 473 comments Mod
Thanks Kyle I will keep that in mind now since I have a used bookstore maybe I can trade for the books that I want now.
Wes

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylewilk) yeah...could be an interesting tool for you...check it out. where's your bookstore and does it have a particular theme?

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) swaptree? never heard of that one. but i'm titletrader.com, frugalreader.com, paperbackswap.com, poshpoints.com. they are all book trading sites (along with other stuff) i think they are great. i can't remember the last i bought a book from a bookstore, unless it was having a HUGE sale. check my profile for the links.

message 6: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylewilk) wow. way ahead of me. thx. will do.

message 7: by Wes, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2010 09:55AM) (new)

My store is in Concord NC you can shop online for some of the books that I have listed at
http://www.amazon.com/shops/pricerigh...
http://pricerightbooks.alibrisstore.com/
I have a used bookstore and there is no theme just anything and everything to do with books
:)
wes

message 8: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylewilk) my new thing is bookswim. it has the distinct disadvantage that you don't keep the books, you just rent them (think netflix for books), but, for me, that's a good thing...my bookshelf overfloweth...

message 9: by Jessica (last edited Mar 08, 2010 08:31PM) (new)

Jessica | 10 comments I have found Swaptree unsuccessful. From the suggested tree of swaps, there always seems to be someone who doesn't agree to the trade. I finally gave up on that site.
However, Bookmooch.com is the BEST!!!! I have given and mooched books successfully from this book community for about a year now.
paperbackswap.com is also pretty darn good. Not as good as BookMooch though. :)
Check out those sites everybody!

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela (Blonde_Chick120) | 23 comments I'm on Swaptree & I like it. I've made several trades & haven't had any problems.

message 11: by Wes, Moderator (new)

I had one problem since I started using it... Some idiot did not send me the book until a year later... sad but true.
I had already read it by then.