The Christian Mind discussion

How do you think a Christian can develop a Christian Mind?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dayo (new)

Dayo Adewoye (adewoye) | 5 comments Mod
Let's discuss.

message 2: by Anyaji (new)

Anyaji Thankgod | 1 comments the issue here does not lie on the strenght of the individual. ithink it is the work of god in a man who has surrendered all for the master to posses. a christian mind to me should be a walk with the lord. and i also see the issue of 'KNOWING', that is progressively. the reason for the mind of christ not to be identified in an individual is nothing but 'LACK OF KNOWLEDGE'. no one can deceive me on what i know.christianity is 'LIFE'.the life dat shines but not shout. everyday life,not just outside but insde, that is; in a drk: where no one sees u. it is only what u have that u wil give out. i think theonly thing that can develop a christian life lies on an indivoidual walk and the strength of the holy spirit.

message 3: by Adedoyin (new)

Adedoyin Adesanya | 5 comments By renewing our mind with God's word and depending on the holy spirit to help us all

message 4: by Paulrob (new)

Paulrob Robwow...lyk cwiously am jux M£ (PaulrobRobwowlykcwiouslyamjuxM) | 4 comments It's the word of God and His spirit in us... To me a christian mind is the life written down in the bible and one can only have that (biblical or christian) mind by studying and meditating on the bible as stated in Jos1:8 & II Tim2:15. Moreso, this life was lived by Christ Jesus while He was on earth. As stated in Rom8:11, if the spirit of God that was in Christ is in us, then we can live the life of a christian mind... Hope I made sense...

message 5: by Adedoyin (new)

Adedoyin Adesanya | 5 comments @paulrob: ofcourse u did

message 6: by Paulrob (new)

Paulrob Robwow...lyk cwiously am jux M£ (PaulrobRobwowlykcwiouslyamjuxM) | 4 comments Yea TAAAANNNNNNXXXXXXXXXX

message 7: by Moji (new)

Moji Faluyi | 2 comments I'll say the first step to developing a Christian mind is realising and accepting that you can't do it on your own.. It's only by the help of The Holy Spirit that we can renew our minds. Once you accept that fact, then the whole process of daily reading and imbibing the Word of God will no longer seem like a compulsion or a task because you're no longer reliant on your own strength but on the grace of God which he has made available to us. Experience has thought me that the moment we begin to see something as a compulsion, it becomes a task which we struggle to keep up with.

message 8: by Paulrob (new)

Paulrob Robwow...lyk cwiously am jux M£ (PaulrobRobwowlykcwiouslyamjuxM) | 4 comments GRREEEAAAATTTTT @Moji... We really need to depend on God. His Grace and His Spirit is the KEY

message 9: by Adedoyin (new)

Adedoyin Adesanya | 5 comments @Moji, very right,we depend on the holyspirit, but there's a part for us to play also, the first step is true, but it seems like we make this decision every day, every minute, every second, because we make the choice, we decide if we want to or not. yeah "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son" yeah the son has been given, but its not every body that has accepted the free gift. i believe its a decision you make every second.

message 10: by Paulrob (new)

Paulrob Robwow...lyk cwiously am jux M£ (PaulrobRobwowlykcwiouslyamjuxM) | 4 comments This is true... No wonder Apostle Paul said I die daily. I have aso come 2 discover dat many christians 2day do go after God's gifts but Christ said "by their fruit we shall know them" Even in churches 2day, post are given 2 people with gifts instead of those who have the fruits. You see a pastor who does not have LONGSUFFERING, how do he take care of the flocks who are a mixture of wheats (sheep) and tares (wolfs)? You see a choir master who does not have LOVE, how do d choristers work 2geda 2 edify d church? You see a deacon who does not have PEACE & JOY in his home, what example can he give others? D spirit of God in us bears those fruits.... I rather seek 4 His spirit 2 bear fruits in me. Its those fruits dat would see God nt gifts... HOPE This makes Sense...

message 11: by Dayo (new)

I think developing a Christian mind involves both the work of the Holy Spirit and the word of God. Paul wrote that we should not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Our minds are renewed as we study and understand what God has revealed in his word, and as the Holy Spirit works within us to make us holy.

message 12: by Wale (new)

Wale | 3 comments First I think for a Christian to develop the Christian Mind is to enter the kingdom of God, which is "within you" (Lk. 17:20,21). It is to "come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ." (Eph.4:13). In other words, having the Christian mind is having the knowledge which Jesus had, having the understanding which he had. So the all-important question is: What did Jesus know?
When he gave his great two commandments (Mat.22:36-40, Mark 12:29-31, Deut.6:4-5), he concluded with "On these...hang all the laws and the prophets." Thus Jesus revealed to humanity the secret of how to develop the Christian Mind or the Mind of Christ, as St. Paul has it. For loving "God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind...and thy neighbor as thyself" simplifies obeying all the ten commandments.
But does God need our love to be God? Does loving God benefit Him or humanity? In 1Cor. chapter 13, Paul answers these questions. It is for our own sake that we should love, for without loving (charity), we are nothing.
Love is divine Principle, the omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient God. The Apostle John plainly declares: "God is Love" (1John 4:8).
When we are loving, we are being the "image and likeness" of our Creator, God, divine Love.
We should love both God and His creation (thy neighbor), for there is nothing bad or evil in all of God's real universe, as "he saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good." (Gen. 1:31).
It is only as we love that "that which is perfect", the Mind of Christ, can be developed. It is through love that we begin to see, know and understand spiritually, the "very good" universe existing here and now.
Now all this may seem difficult or far away. But it is only because we are yet to understand what Paul terms the "carnal mind" - which is enmity against God (Rom. 8:7). Each one of us must grapple with, and master it, as Jesus certainly did: "Get thee hence, Satan".
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2Tim 1:7).

message 13: by Adedoyin (new)

Adedoyin Adesanya | 5 comments i have two questions
1. Why do bad things happen to good Christians?
2. If you have what you want will you want what you have?

message 14: by Lade (new)

Lade Tawak (deaduramilade) Adedoyin wrote: "i have two questions
1. Why do bad things happen to good Christians?
2. If you have what you want will you want what you have?"

1. bad things happen and good things happen. irrespective of your religion and if you are a good person or a bad person. Jesus never said anything about bad things not happening to you. there's a promise that all things will work together for your good. that means there WILL be Triassic and tribulations regardless but God will be with you during these times and there will be a good outcome

2. people always want. even the richest men in the world acquire more. that's why Jesus said we should store up treasures in heaven and not focus obligated the things of the world. no matter how much you have, you will always want more.

message 15: by Wale (new)

Wale | 3 comments I'd like to say that in every situation pls pray first. If we know how to pray aright, we'll find that there is no challenge that will not yield to the assault of spiritually focussed prayer. Christians have a duty to heal the world's problems, more than just to stand in curiosity about them

message 16: by Wale (new)

Wale | 3 comments My dear spiritually advancing brothers and sisters, please permit my sharing the following inspirations with you:
“God is Spirit and His worshippers must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24)NIV

If we confine our analysis, calculations, estimation and our reckoning of man and the universe to only the evidence presented by the five material senses, then we would regard disasters, diseases, deaths and other evils of this material world as not only normal or natural, but also that the kingdom of God – the reign of divine Love, the absolute control of man and the universe by God – is far away or is obtainable only after what we term death has over-taken mortals. But this is not true, for God’s government, God’s reign of uninterrupted harmony, (heaven), is here, now and forever.
However, it is only as we, by faith and understanding, accept this great spiritual fact, (this spiritual law), that we can begin to consistently prove its truthfulness, bit by bit, through our freedom from, and dominion over, “the bad things that happen to good Christians” – as our dear Master, Christ Jesus, did and assured us we would do also, (John 14:12). (“… the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death”, see Rom. 8: 1, 2).KJV.

It is not a small matter to “know the truth”, for it has practical healing implications. One aspect of Truth that we need to accept and know is that when God “finished” His work, (Gen. 2: 1, 2), He did not retire into a cozy place, thereby leaving His offspring at the mercy of “that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world”, (Rev. 12:9),KJV.
Jesus taught that the “kingdom of heaven is at hand”. Well, “at hand” does not mean “in the future”. Neither does it imply “far away”. He also says the kingdom of God is “within you”, which Bible Scholars say may also mean “among you”. Nonetheless, it is obvious that this ever-present kingdom cannot be discerned by the material senses (or matter senses), which deal only with matter or the physical, and not with the spiritual. Because the material senses are opposed to Spirit, they are enmity against God; they are the carnal mind, or so-called devil. Therefore, they cannot be the channels or organs for worshipping God who is Spirit.
As God is Spirit, the One and only Creator, we know that creation is based on, or proceeds from, Spirit. Therefore, creation must be spirit-like or spiritual, not material or physical. Further, because it is spirit-based, and not matter-based, "the things" of God cannot be seen by the matter-based senses. They can only be “spiritually discerned” (1Cor. 2: 14). In the Bible, “the flesh” always refers to materiality or the material personality, or the material sense of life as opposed to God, Spirit, and His kingdom. For example, “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” (1Cor. 15: 50). But 1John 3:2, says “Beloved, NOW are we the sons of God”. This is saying, “Now are we the sons of Spirit”, or now are we spiritual, and not after death. “That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the spirit is spirit”, (John 3:6)
Thus we can begin to grasp the truth that what we experience through the five senses does not tell the story of God’s sons and daughters, or that of God’s universe, but describes only that of man’s man, or the continuation of the Adam dream - since we never read anywhere that Adam woke from the “deep sleep” which “the Lord God caused to fall upon Adam” (Gen. 2: 21).
WE can prove and confidently assert that we are not made of dust or matter. Man’s substance is Spirit. “Awake, awake, put on thy strength… shake thyself (your sense of who you are) from the dust… my people shall know my name…” (Isa. 52: 1, 2, 6). The Christ has come to show us our spiritual identity, our Christliness or our Godlikeness, and has shown us how to daily rise above the heritage of the “dust of the ground”, (Gen. 2: 7”). “They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God." (Romans 9: 8)
God is Spirit, and He is good. Does it not follow that matter, being the opposite of Spirit, good, is evil? The Prophet Elijah, (1Kings 19: 11 – 13), found out that God was not in the wind, neither was He in the earthquake, nor in the fire, (These evils are mere material-sense presentations), but He was in a “still small voice”. We all can strengthen our conviction that since God is good, and is not in any evil, these evils cannot be a part of His creation. If God did not create it, how can it be a part of the experience of His children?
This is the understanding we can all receive through the “still small voice” of Truth when our prayers are in accord with Jesus’ teachings. Not only that, through the “still small voice” God lovingly guides us to the answers we NEED, (and not what we WANT), to overcome our human, so-called, challenges. And He even gives us the ability to “be still, and know that I am, (Spirit), God”, (Psalms 46:10). “The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought… and he that searchest the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit…” (Romans 8:26, 27). So let us love Him enough to be still, in contemplation of the true nature (or name) of God and His Christ. This is worshipping God in Spirit. Then shall we begin to prove that it is God’s will alone that is “done in earth, as it is in heaven”, (Matt. 6: 10). “For in Him we live, and move, and have our being;” (Acts 17: 28).

message 17: by Dayo (new)

Developing a Christian mind involves thinking 'christianly' about everything. This could be about business, law, government, or work. Everything is brought under the light and guidance of God's revelation in the Bible.

message 18: by Onah (new)

Onah Francis (kimega) | 4 comments There is no other way to develop a Christian mind than looking into the Bible and meditating upon it day and night. Some Christians erroneously think that Christianity is all about going to Church and 'trying' to live a holy life, but Christianity is more than that. It is more of keeping the word of God, living the word of God, confessing the word of God, thinking the word of God and allowing His will to rule over us.

message 19: by Dayo (new)

Thanks, Onah, for the comment.

message 20: by Onah (new)

Onah Francis (kimega) | 4 comments You are absolutely welcome, Dayo. It is my greatest pleasure to be part of this group.

message 21: by Adebayo (new)

Adebayo Deborah (Oluwatemitobi) | 2 comments the Word of God ,conference (make sure you are led)and by the help of the Holy Spirit

message 22: by Adebayo (new)

Adebayo Deborah (Oluwatemitobi) | 2 comments the Word of God ,conference (make sure you are led)and by the help of the Holy Spirit

message 23: by Adedoyin (new)

Adedoyin Adesanya | 5 comments Hi everyone, I think u shoul visit this site http:/etisalatprize.com/flash/#etisalatprize

message 24: by Bukky (new)

Bukky | 1 comments I am a Christian.That alone is enough to force a change in my worldview

message 25: by Dayo (new)

In developing a Christian mind, it is essential to study Christian theology. For this serves as a basis from which to reason. For instance, the Christian doctrine of creation gives us a basis for valuing human life.