r/books discussion

Introductions > Why Hello! I'm Rose!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
I'm Rosanna/Rose and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! I'm 24, living in Canada. I went to an art school to draw some pretty pictures, worked in a coffee shop and am thinking of actually opening up my own. Why? Because I'm apparently a walking art school stereotype? Obviously. (Nah, I just enjoy the work and really, REALLY like coffee.)

Now, onto book related stuff. I read a wide variety of things such as fiction and non-fiction. I'm currently reading The Song of Achilles, and starting House of Leaves right after. Favourite books include Animal Farm and 1984, American Gods, Neverwhere, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World, Kafka On the Shore, and Ender's Game.

I admit that I'm kind of new to Goodreads and I'm still trying to get used to it's functionality. It took me a while to figure out how to write a new topic.

I hope being a part of this group, I get introduced to new some awesome new books and add to my ever-growing list of books.I doubt there will ever be an end to the list.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Hello and welcome! Many of your favorites are on my 'to read' shelf, I believe that I will be snooping around your shelves to find new books for myself!

message 3: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
Ashley wrote: "Hello and welcome! Many of your favorites are on my 'to read' shelf, I believe that I will be snooping around your shelves to find new books for myself!"

You and I may have to share suggestions! I have a few books on my Amazon wish list that I need to add to my own 'to read' shelf!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Rosanna wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Hello and welcome! Many of your favorites are on my 'to read' shelf, I believe that I will be snooping around your shelves to find new books for myself!"

You and I may have to share..."

Same here, my amazon wishlist is never-ending. Let me know if you stumble upon anything grand and I'll do the same!

message 5: by Darliza (new)

Darliza (parentheticals) | 92 comments Hi, Rose! I find that coffee shops by art school kids often have the best-tasting coffee and the most wonderful ambiance that I love to frequent. There's a milk tea shop in my city which comes to mind.