Goodreads All Sorts discussion

Fun And Games! > Write a Story - Collaboratively

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melody (last edited Mar 16, 2013 06:53PM) (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) All Sorts of Friends -

The idea behind this thread is for us readers to create a story together, one sentence at a time. Each commenter will write one sentence of the story per post and we'll see where our collective imagination will take us. I'll start:

It had been a shitty day.

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition It started out with me being late for a 9 AM meeting at work because I forgot my car was out of gas, had to stop at the gas station on the way to the bus stop and missed my bus by one minute.

message 3: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments When I finally got to work my hair was so messy that everyone starting staring at me with both anger and disgust.

message 4: by Jack, Founder (new)

Jack (jack_) | 2831 comments Mod
And then I got that chilling phone call...

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela In that brief moment, time stopped.

message 6: by Melody (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) Everyone around me continued to work and chat and gossip, but my life, my thoughts, and all that I had once dreamed were washed away.

message 7: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 1697 comments Suddenly I began to panic; my stomach churned, sweat appeared and a hot flash traveled through me.

message 8: by Jack, Founder (new)

I felt like everything I had worked for, my whole life was a waste.

message 9: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 1697 comments I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs.

message 10: by Jack, Founder (new)

This was it. In 1778 hours 58 minutes it would be all over.

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Joey walked by me with a tray of donuts. I grabbed one despite being on a diet. I was a bit careless and my hand got covered in chocolate - Boston Kreme being one of the messier donuts - but I just didn't care anymore.

message 12: by Melody (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) Sticky, sweaty, and panicking, I made my way to the bathroom.

message 13: by Cherrelle (new)

Cherrelle Smith (spoonary) After cleaning myself up in the sink, I raised my gaze and stared at my pallid face in the mirror.

message 14: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments "Why is this happening to me?" i said out loud.

message 15: by Melody (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) The sound of the door startled me as Jane, my boss, entered the room.

message 16: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments "Are you talking to yourself?" she asked "I could come back later"

message 17: by Jack, Founder (new)

"Ha ha, very funny" I moaned, a bit more depressingly than I would have liked. But what can I do, I feel depressed.

message 18: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments "Why don't you take the rest of the day off, honeymuffin"

message 19: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 609 comments "Honeymuffin", she did just call me honeymuffin. I did hear right. I have either done something wrong, or she has. She hasn't called me that in years

message 20: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 1697 comments My memory floated back to when I first started working her.

message 21: by Melody (last edited Mar 29, 2013 12:42AM) (new)

Melody (scarlettoad) It was the dead of winter, but she was so warm and welcoming that I didn't even notice.

message 22: by Cherrelle (new)

Cherrelle Smith (spoonary) She was there when I knocked on the door, my brand-new suit immaculate. Heart racing, I heard her voice,

message 23: by Dalu (new)

Dalu  | 179 comments It was so smooth, it totally fit her face, everything about her screamed perfection.

message 24: by Dan (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 84 comments She looked at me and said,"Welcome, won't you please have a seat?" I sat down, nervously. When she sat down and looked iat me with those icey blue eyes, goosebumps raised on my flesh.

message 25: by Becca (new)

Becca Nyx | 3 comments She said something, in her smooth warm voice, but I didn't hear what she asked because I was overly focused on those enigmatic eyes, and calming my nerves.

message 26: by Cherrelle (new)

Cherrelle Smith (spoonary) "My name is Jane", she said, a slight smile appearing on her angelic face, or maybe I imagined it. Either way, I was mesmerized.

message 27: by Denisa (new)

Denisa Howe | 1697 comments Cherrelle wrote: ""My name is Jane", she said, a slight smile appearing on her angelic face, or maybe I imagined it. Either way, I was mesmerized."

Her smile seemed angelic but something evil twisted at my heart.

message 28: by Robbie (new)

Robbie She was wearing a power blazer even though it was casual Friday.

message 29: by Jon (new)

Jon (jon17) | 372 comments Her enormous yet surprisingly delicate hand gestured at the six honey muffins on her table, "Would you like some honey muffins?"

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition "Oh, I really shouldn't" I said, reaching for the gooeyest (sp?) one with the most honey dripping down the sides.

message 31: by Robbie (new)

Robbie I shamelessly devoured all 6 in a matter of seconds, earning the embarrassing office nickname "Honey Muffin",

message 32: by Dominique (new)

Dominique (Blueflamemonkey) | 20 comments I return back to my desk but as soon as I sat down I felt a evil presences coming soo close as if it were to touch me.

message 33: by Michael (new)

Michael (micky74007) As I reached for my Tums, spots swirled before my eyes, my mouth went dry, and I slipped from the chair to the floor.

message 34: by Robbie (new)

Robbie I feel paralyzed, I want to scream but nothing comes out. Is this it?

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition The ill feeling dissipates and I come back to reality when the evil presence behind me turns out to be my boss, who says "Snap out of it and get back to work!"

message 36: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 388 comments I snapped out of whatever daze I was in and hurriedly went back to work. Then there was

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah an agonized shriek. All eyes turned toward the back of the room in concern...