r/books discussion

Introductions > Howdy, readers. My name is John and this is my introduction.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John L, Mod (new)

John L (philipblake) | 103 comments Mod
Hello there, folks. My name is John. Don't let the Philip Blake bit fool you. That is actually the name of the Governor in the Walking Dead series. I stole it because *SPOILER ALERT* he steals it first in the books.

Don't let that confuse you as it does every book recommendation tool, I am not hugely into the zombie novel genre, but I am a fan of The Walking dead.

The genres I do find myself being attracted to mainly include darker fantasy stories, psychology, and war books, which I keep finding myself reading.

I live in New Jersey and go to school for business management right now.

On reddit, my name is SEXUAL_ACT_IN_CAPS and I am the moderator of r/wemetonline.

Now, if you excuse me, I am going to go get drunk at a Saint Paddy's day/Birthday party. Hope to chat with you all soon.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Very cool! My bff is reading the Walking Dead Compendiums at this. very. moment. Actually, I believe she's out celebrating a birthday/St.Patties too. Weird. Anyhow, welcome, and glad you're here!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 185 comments I have been wondering how the series lines up with the TV series-- is it better? similar? worth the read? I finally started watching the seasons on Netflix and got caught up in a matter of days. Now I am grumbling over how they are dragging out the current episodes... I generally stay away from zombie lit because it is the topic d'jour these days... if it is well done, though, I am all over it. On that note, you might want to check out World War Z if you haven't already....

message 4: by John L, Mod (new)

John L (philipblake) | 103 comments Mod
Unfortunately, I can't tell you how they stack up. I read the books about the governor instead of the comics. And the books weren't that great. The first book (Rise of the Governor, I believe) is slow. In fact, I believe one could skip the first half and still be fine with the book.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 185 comments Well, good to know! Thanks!