r/books discussion

Introductions > Hello, I'm Annie :)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

Stephanie (lastnightsbook) | 346 comments Mod
I like to read a little bit of everything and a lot of anything :)

Outside reading,I just move to Canada from Vegas. Yes, that Vegas. It's a change of pace, and I have a lot more time in my hands. I look forward to this group, since when I moved, I had to leave behind my book club which was not online.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Hello and welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you had to leave your IRL group, I feel like most people don't have that! In any means, I hope that we can help your book-nerdery needs!

message 3: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

That's so sweet Ashley. Although my IRL group wasn't as dedicated to the bookclubs, they were something haha.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Haha my friends IRL have tried similar things but they never work out. I guess just too much going on right now.

message 5: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

Too much going on is one reason to take a break and enjoy a good book :) especially the book club's book haha.

Thanks for the welcome :)

message 6: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
Welcome to the group and welcome to Canada! We're a lovely bunch here in Canada...try the poutine! ;)

message 7: by Stephanie, Super Mod (last edited Mar 19, 2013 08:17PM) (new)

Aww thank you Rose! I do like the poutine here :D But trying to lay off of it xD (Since I gain a bit too much for my own comfort) I keep waiting for the snow to melt since I prefer jogging outside though but it keeps coming back! haha!

message 8: by Rose, Mod (new)

Rose (rtrinh) | 153 comments Mod
Yeah...that sounds like Canada. May I ask which province you're based out of? I'm in southern Ontario right now and I'm from southern Alberta. Ontario actually has four seasons unlike Alberta sometimes, haha... it WILL warm up soon enough - promise! :)

message 9: by Stephanie, Super Mod (new)

I'm also in Southern Ontario, haha you can PM if you like. I'm still adjusting to the snow since I never lived in a place where it just snow. I told my friend I'm like a cat when it comes to snow, I just sit on my perch and stare at it xD And if I do go outside, it's the whole I test it out with one paw and immediately come back inside haha. I'm definitely hoping for it to warm up, I miss taking the dogs for walks, although I did try a few times.