Requiem (Delirium, #3) Requiem discussion

disappointing ending....will there be a book 4?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ilana i know that i'm not the only one who was a bit let down by the ending, with so many things not tied up and so many things that could lead to another story or a few more stories.

do you guys have any details on a book 4+ or if there are plans for one? i've been looking myself and haven't come up with anything but there are so many story lines that could continue on for a bit.

Kristen I don't think the author is planning on continuing. Judging by what I've seen, she intended it to be left wide open.
Unless she decides to do a different series on another character (which is only wishful thinking by the fans right now), I think all we'll get is whatever they do with the tv show.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I really don't think that there will be a fourth book.
But I HATE the ending I just can't deal with this "open end" stuff it really annoys me 'cause I soooo hoped she'd choose Alex D:

message 4: by Kristen (last edited Mar 17, 2013 10:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen I agree. The open ending was stupid. But I think she did end up with Alex. At least that's the way it seemed to be heading with that line about the kiss promising more or whatever it said.
Just would have been nice to see a much more solid conclusion concerning just about everything...

Alice It seemed like the author didn't even know how she wanted it to end, so she just gave the readers mushy epiphanies about life to make it seem like a thoughtful ending. She probably didn't want to upset Julian fans by making Lena break up with him. But to tell the truth, I would've rather Lena broken up with Julian than have a cliffhanger ending.

Kristen ^I thought that too. Like she didn't want to pick a definitive ending and risk people trashing it, so she just sort of left it without an actual ending.

Kate “I’ll find you”, he says, watching me with the eyes I remember, “I won’t let you go again.” Taking the hint, Lena and Alex got back together. They must or else--

message 8: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina I heard her speak on 3/5 and she said it's pretty much done. she might consider writing a novella from Grace's perspective, but probably not.

Kate Christina wrote: "I heard her speak on 3/5 and she said it's pretty much done. she might consider writing a novella from Grace's perspective, but probably not."

Too bad. Lauren already did a goodbye letter to Lena. No more info. to fill the gap.

Book_freak Thankfully, and sadly...no
The ending of the book was not what dissapointed me, rather i think it was the ending to that amazing series that upset me!!

message 11: by Vem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vem Night Ilana wrote: "i know that i'm not the only one who was a bit let down by the ending, with so many things not tied up and so many things that could lead to another story or a few more stories.

do you guys have ..."

its only a trilogy my dear... so no possibility of next book... but i hope Lauren Oliver will make spin off series...at least we cant tell its definitely over! i wasnt contented in the ending though... >.<

message 12: by Vem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vem Night Christina wrote: "I heard her speak on 3/5 and she said it's pretty much done. she might consider writing a novella from Grace's perspective, but probably not."

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! O.o Ughhhhhhh I just dont like the series to end so fast !

Talyah I read somewhere that she was done writing in Lena's world :-/ While its disappointing, it's always better for a reader to feel like it ended too soon than drug on for too long.

On the note of the ending - (view spoiler)

Alice Talyah wrote: "I read somewhere that she was done writing in Lena's world :-/ While its disappointing, it's always better for a reader to feel like it ended too soon than drug on for too long.

On the note of the..."

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that! I think that author might have forgotten about it too. Or maybe she just didn't want to kill him off.

Ilana i love the 'talking down to me' regarding it being a trilogy. i get that point. i think that when there's an intention to write only a trilogy yet you develop a strong fanbase along the way that has strong feelings on continuing the story - then it makes everything completely debatable. you don't know what could happen and i think that there's a lot of heart here among the fans to get more closure.

i like the idea that we can let our imaginations run wild with what will happen next. that lena and alex will live happily ever after. that grace and bee will have a relationship since grace has come into her own over the past year. that julian will find his own happiness...

i think that there's just more to talk about with hana even but that's me. you see her walking off but you don't know what comes next in the story.

just wishing i guess...i get into stories that sometimes i like to see them all tied up.

message 16: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J Me too! I'm dying for book 4! I want to know what happens to Julian now.Now that Alex and Lena is back. I wan to know what will happen to Hana. Will Halena be revive? I'm desperate to know. So many ideas and thoughts running in my mind. hope there will be a book 4.

message 17: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Gretzinger heres the thing. if the book is the ending to a trilogy, then yes, the ending was VERY dissapointing. however, if she makes a 4th book, then i think the book left off on a great cliff hanger.

(i'm still rooting for ALEX)

Brittney I really wish that there was more of a tied up end with the whole revolution thing. Yeah, it's great to leave it on a note of victory of tearing down the walls. But and epilogue to at least describe what happened with the new world would have been nice.

I don't care that she didn't pick a guy for Lena. But I am REALLY miffed about the fact that we got no sort of information about ANYTHING concerning the new order and all of that. I mean, the whole purpose of the third book was to break the order. Did the attacks work? Were they all killed/run out again? I mean, honestly. What happened there?!?!

Talyah wrote: "I read somewhere that she was done writing in Lena's world :-/ While its disappointing, it's always better for a reader to feel like it ended too soon than drug on for too long.

On the note of the..."

I had that thought too. Why wouldn't that come up again? Since it was such a huge part of the drama with his surgery. So he doesn't get the surgery and suddenly BOOM. CURED. (Not the cure cure, but y'know what I mean. :P) How the heck does that work out?

Aliyah The ending was way too abrupt! She chose Julian but what about Jenny Tack and Julian . Did the attack succeed ?who ou going to runthe government?There was no closure I really hope there is is going to be a book 4 although I doubt it:(

Marianne Aiza Estacion I sent a message to her and she replied "Hey Marianne,
Right now I have no plans to write anything further in Lena's world, although I'll never say never! I put a video on my blog that explains why I ended the books the way I did. Check it out! I hope it helps. :)
lauren-oliver.tumblr.com
All my best,
Lauren"

Sofia The Great I am not even sure I would read a book 4 just for the fact I was so disappointed in the ending with the book.

Stacy  okun On Barnes and Noble site she has books for a few of the characters from their sides. They are short and cheap, if that helps.

Katie I'm pretty sure there's no book 4 (well, not on the exact same set of characters and events) since it was a TRILOGY(kill me). I hated Lauren for the ending but i'm pretty sure she ended up with Alex since things with Julian got pretty vague already and there was the promise and the kiss but i still sorta hate her for letting my imagination run wild. I's killing me

Izzat Zainal MY QUESTIONS:
1. What happened to Rachel?
2. How Hana ended up?
3. Who actually makes the cure/why is this created at the first place?
4. How is this love-haters ended up? Will they still linger in the America?
5. Julian or Alex? You just can't leave this part like that.

No, Lauren Oliver. This is not leaving a world wide open. This means that your book is not finished. Your amazing world is not some kind of fairy tale world where magic and spells can happen and BOOM EARTH IS HEAVEN. No. Your world is beautifully-complicated, it's a disappointment you leave it just like that.

I know you loved to continue your favorite stories when you were a child! But the stories you continued are NOT DELIRIUM! DELIRIUM NEEDS A PROPER CLOSURE! IT'S A BROKEN WORLD OF DELIRIUM NOT CINDERELLA NOT ALICE IN WONDERLAND NOT RAPUNZEL--

It's Delirium world. It's a hard world. :'(

Katie that gif is me thank you

Auhmanduh I hated the ending also. Im hoping that this is a cliff hanger and there's going to either be a novella or a 4th book.

If not that ending was absolutely horrible.

Naiara Lew I really hated the book ending, but i dont think theres gonna be another book... I just hope there will be a short story or something similar... I want to know what happens with Fred.

Addee Pitiful Ending! If I wanted to make up my own ending I wouldn't have paid $17 to buy the book in the first place, ripped off!

Katie I am so writing a fanfic of another ending. At dawn I ride!

Izzat Zainal Katie wrote: "I am so writing a fanfic of another ending. At dawn I ride!"

I would really want to read it! I need a fanmade ending of the book to only feel some closure.

Brittney Smeghead wrote: "Pitiful Ending! If I wanted to make up my own ending I wouldn't have paid $17 to buy the book in the first place, ripped off!"

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

Nichole I agree that this is a terrible ending for a series, it would have been okay if it was a book and leading into the last book. For a finale it was horrible! Lilli St. Crow ended the Strange Angels this badly and my children and I were sorely disappointed in that one also!

Nellie ☾ I have a lot of questions too xD I feel like the book is okay but I wanted more.

My Qs:
Where's Aunt Carol, Uncle William, Jenny, & Rachel?
What would happen now to Hana & Lena's friendship?
So Fred Hargrove died obvs, but he's just the mayor of Portland. What about the 'president' or other the leaders?
What's going to happen to Cassie? Is she stuck in the Crypts for good?

Haha I wanted answers to those.

Trina (Between Chapters) I agree with all of the above questions, I had them too. It truly, truly feels like a forth book should be there to answer everything. I didn't like how open this ending was.

The conclusions I drew from the ending were: Hana made sure Fred stayed in the house, so he died. There were cured people showing support from their windows, so I figured the city would be won by the Resistance. From the last bit, Lena seems to be saying they will always fight, never give up, so I suppose they will just keep tearing down walls and taking over cities until the government topples, especially if they have support from some cureds. I felt like it was clear she chose Alex in the end, although I was disappointed not to see the fallout with Julian.

A short epilogue, just to answer the biggest questions would have been nice. I mean, when you leave a series with your main character fighting in a war that isn't finished, how do we even know Lena survived another day? Would have been nice to know after this 3 book journey what kind of ending she got.

message 35: by Kate (last edited Mar 31, 2013 05:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate I hate Requiem so much. I never hated a cliffhanger ending in my entire life just as I am now. Fan fic will do the cure, I suggest. :)

Diane Trina wrote: "I agree with all of the above questions, I had them too. It truly, truly feels like a forth book should be there to answer everything. I didn't like how open this ending was.

The conclusions I dre..."

I pretty much agree. I do think it is a sad excuse for an ending, and I doubt I'll ever read anything else from her in the future.

Naiara Lew "I hate Requiem so much. I never hated a cliffhanger ending in my entire life just as I am now. Fan fic will do the cure, I suggest. :)"

I was just like: "REALLY????" I hated the finale, with all my heart, mind and soul... you can´t finish a serie like that. And I´m not sure if Fred´s dead... We can´t know if he wanted Hanna enough to give the event and stay home. And we don{t know if hanna is alive also.

Tiffany Marianne wrote: "I sent a message to her and she replied "Hey Marianne,
Right now I have no plans to write anything further in Lena's world, although I'll never say never! I put a video on my blog that explains why..."

I went to her blog to see this video and couldn't find it! :(

Salome Book_freak wrote: "Thankfully, and sadly...no
The ending of the book was not what dissapointed me, rather i think it was the ending to that amazing series that upset me!!"

what do you mean?

Salome Brittney wrote: "I really wish that there was more of a tied up end with the whole revolution thing. Yeah, it's great to leave it on a note of victory of tearing down the walls. But and epilogue to at least describ..."

I totally agree with you. I was less upset about the ambiguity with the love triangle than I was about the outcome of the revolution. WHile I don't think a 4th book is necessary, an epilogue would've been nice.

Raneem Al Aradi There won't be a fourth book. I've messaged the author on Goodreads and asked her myself, but she said that she has nothing in mind to write about Lena's world right now. I've rooted for Alex and Lena throughout the whole book, even though they claimed in book two that he died. I knew he'd come back. I was really mad when it got close to the ending of the book (with like 20 pages left) and Lena still didn't make up with Alex. I really thought she'd end up with Julian. But when Alex found her and he kissed her, I felt like the story was a bit complete. I guess I was reading the series for the romance; but isn't that what the whole point is? The freedom of the Wilds is again to have the freedom to love and to have the choice to choose the wrong thing. I mean the whole Resistance stood for the chance to love one another. I agree though with some of the comments saying that there were still things that were tied up. It doesn't really clear things up for the readers about what happened with her and Julian, and what worked out for the Resistance. Sure, they tore down the walls, but what then?

Tiffany I am so happy Lena eneded up with Alex. I felt as though they truly had a deep seeded love whereas Julien it was a replacement love for alex. I hated the ending. i really wish there would be at least one more book to answer all the questions we have about the other characters. Excited to see what the tv series will be like

Kathryn i would love for her to do a book about grace in the future out in the wilds.

message 44: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Kristen wrote: "I agree. The open ending was stupid. But I think she did end up with Alex. At least that's the way it seemed to be heading with that line about the kiss promising more or whatever it said.
Just wo..."

Yeah, I completely agree with that.

message 45: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Izzat wrote: "Katie wrote: "I am so writing a fanfic of another ending. At dawn I ride!"

I would really want to read it! I need a fanmade ending of the book to only feel some closure."

Me too

Heralynn Baloloy the ending sucks because it's too short and open but i still don't think book 4.

Valentina Garcia Christina wrote: "I heard her speak on 3/5 and she said it's pretty much done. she might consider writing a novella from Grace's perspective, but probably not."
what do you mean she did a goodbye letter?

message 48: by Jane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Yu I WANT a book 4!!!!!! I need to know what happens to Alex and Lena now that they're back together and her mom and Julian!! The ending just left me...blah.... The last sentence: Take down the walls.. It's like a new beginning and I NEED to know what happens next!!!

Lauren Barden-williams i found the series absolutely amazing... apart from the ending :( i'm not asking for another 3 books, just one! i want to know what happens to hana and if they meet again, and julian and alex.. sigh.

Jocelyn Lemus I was really disappointed by the outcome of the story. I felt like there was no conclusion and really no reason for Ms. Oliver to write this book.
Upon reading Pandemonium, I was excited to see how each character's journey would end. To me, it really felt like it lacked more than just a defined ending. There was no conclusion! I understand and even appreciate open endings, but come on!
Basically all that happens in this book is that the story is dragged on and on and nothing happens.
At the end we "find out" what I'm pretty sure every reader already knew even from book two. That is, that Alex loved Lena all along. Of course he did!
I expected Lena to choose between Alex or Julian or have one of them die. That would have been preferable to the "conclusion" that was given.

« previous 1