Year 10 Reads @MHS discussion

General questions > Why do you read?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Sheko | 6 comments Mod
There are many reasons why we read and why we enjoy a good book. What are some of yours?

message 2: by Byron (new)

Byron Gunn | 1 comments reading is a door to another world.

message 3: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 2 comments Reading helps you to get away from everyday life, and not be pressured by the schoolwork that you are doing or the sport you are playing,

message 4: by John (new)

John Taing | 1 comments Jimmy wrote: "Reading helps you to get away from everyday life, and not be pressured by the schoolwork that you are doing or the sport you are playing,"

That is beautiful. Took the words right out of my mouth. I fully agree.

message 5: by Hari (new)

Hari Naidu | 2 comments Reading is just one of several ways of keeping the cobwebs away from the mind along with board games

message 6: by Hari (new)

Hari Naidu | 2 comments Any avid reader who is considered 'well-read' tends to have a higher I.Q. and to be more worldly than the poor or non-reader

message 7: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 2 comments John wrote: "Jimmy wrote: "Reading helps you to get away from everyday life, and not be pressured by the schoolwork that you are doing or the sport you are playing,"

That is beautiful. Took the words right out..."

Thank you John, it took me a while to fully explain my feelings. I think I left everything on the page

message 8: by Dominic (new)

Dominic Nguyen | 3 comments Many people from all age groups read for different reasons. For example, as some of the people said above, teenagers may read to relieve stress from school work and everyday life, whereas as the elderly may read to simply pass the time.

Personally, as the question is "Why do YOU read?", I read for several reasons, from elaborating on my vocabulary, implement some of the writing styles, or to simply get away "from it all". I believe that different people read for different reasons, and that not everyone's reason for reading should be the same.

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy  Nguyen (frozenchewii) | 1 comments I deeply agree with Dominic. It is very deep and meaningful.

message 10: by Bobby (new)

Bobby Chen | 1 comments Byron wrote: "reading is a door to another world."

Pls explain how