Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

Who is the Clockwork Prince?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 09:03PM) (new)

Mortmain, I would assume.

Doesn't his father refer to him as a "Clockwork Prince" or something of that sort at some point?

After all, wouldn't the master of a Clockwork army be a Clockwork Prince/King?

Alexandra It is Mortmain. There's a brief part in CP in which the Shade warlock (Mortmain's "father") calles Mortmain his "clockwork prince"

Elliegrace i think the clockwork angel is tessa, the clockwork prince is mortmain, and i think the clockwork princess is also tessa. if not it could be that her mother really wasnt her mother and her real mother was something supernatural then the clockwork princess is goin to be her

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That......is a good question.....

Tanvi The Clockwork prince I think is Jem because they wonder quite a lot about when Jem will die from the drug ~ so he's the clockwork prince maybe because his time is limited?

Tanvi Tanvi wrote: "The Clockwork prince I think is Jem because they wonder quite a lot about when Jem will die from the drug ~ so he's the clockwork prince maybe because his time is limited?"

On second thought its probably Mortmain (just read the others comments)

Shirley Tanvi wrote: "Tanvi wrote: "The Clockwork prince I think is Jem because they wonder quite a lot about when Jem will die from the drug ~ so he's the clockwork prince maybe because his time is limited?"

On second..."

although your idea is quite creative and very plausible too.

Cara Hmmmm.....
I never thought about it before. I would guess Jem-he is on the cover, after all.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it is Mortmain as when his adopted father mentioned it that he's his clockwork prince.

Sophie *shrugs shoulders* I dunno.

Maybe Mortmain. Yeah, probs him :)

message 11: by Sophie (last edited Mar 18, 2013 09:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Josie wrote: "I wasn't entirely sure, but Tessa is the Clockwork Princess right? Just wanting to make sure. I'm super pumped for the release of teh bookm tomorrow!"

It is annoying, cause it is the afternoon of the 19th of march here, but CP2 STILL isn't out on Amazon.com yet, even though the date's right! Can't wait to get it! :)

Nurlely Mortmain is the Clokwork Prince. Those Nephilims didn't have any clues about any clockwork things before Tessa arrived.

Clockwork Angel is what has been hanging on around Tessa's neck. And Tessa is the Clockwork Princess.

Beladora *stares at computer expecting answer to pop-up*

Great question, never really thought of it actually.
Always thought it was Jem since he was on the cover but it'd be understandable if it was Mortmain.

Likeslotsofthings =) Tanvi wrote: "The Clockwork prince I think is Jem because they wonder quite a lot about when Jem will die from the drug ~ so he's the clockwork prince maybe because his time is limited?"

That theory is awesome. I wander if that came across Cassandra Clare's mind like she did it on purpose. Or if it is just an awesome coincidence?

Inês it isn't said in the book that mortiman is the Clockwork Prince?

message 16: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor Al lawati It is Mortmain .. it is mentioned in the book that his father used to call him that .. plus, he was creating the clockwork army so it does fit him ..

Likeslotsofthings =) Yeah it's Mortmain but isn't that Jem theory just awesome!

Naomi Speakman Mortmain. His adoptive father, John Shade, referred to him as the Clockwork Prince in Clockwork Prince, because his intention was to lead an army of clockwork automatons. Tessa was his Clockwork Princess.

message 19: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann “He’s not frightened at all, Anne.” The man laughed, and set the boy down on the ground, ruffling his hair. “My little clockwork prince . . .”

Excerpt From: Clare, Cassandra. “Clockwork Prince.” Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2011-12-05T20:00:00+00:00. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood I remember that too.. that his 'Father' used to call him his 'Clockwork Prince' and then he also built all those clockwork robots too for an army. But I always thought it was Jem too. Seeing as they always wonder when he's going to die from the 'drug' and all that. Plus he's on the cover.