The Robin Hobb Collection discussion

Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Assassin's Quest
Book 3 - Assassin's Quest > Assassin's Quest > Finished!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hanne (hanne2) | 791 comments Mod
whoa! what an ending!
i didn't even want to stop to make comments on a chapter here or there, i just read until the very last page. i could really see all those dragons take off and follow the fool, while nighteyes is barking orders. lovely!

i didn't see that part coming, not really. and yet, i knew that there must be something more, all the prophecies, the fact that he is called the catalyst but he hadn't really done much when verity flew away. until he woke all the others ones that is.

not totally satisfied about how forging works, nor how this will end the cycle. won't the raiders come back in a few centuries? i thought the catalyst would save the world? did i miss anything?
it's a detail though, hobb pulled off a really nice ending here. i was a bit stupified when Regal shows up being all nice, but it turned out he was following skilled commands.

i wish starling had put fitz into a song though. he lost too much for a cause to not be remembered at all. but that was his choice i suppose.

message 2: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments Forging is better explained in Tawny Man. Including why they stop.

ok good!

Annitamos | 1 comments When you finish the books, you end with a sad taste in your mouth. You are sad because there is no happy ending for Fitz, he has been left alone to be forgotten even though he have done everything for everyone. Thank God everything change in Tawny Man

message 5: by Tara (new) - added it

Tara (teaparty55) | 1 comments I can't wait to start Live

same here - two more weeks!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I had to drag myself kicking and screaming to finish this. Even ended up taking a break to catch up on manga of all things. I didn't enjoy it as much as . . . . everyone in this thread? Lol. Here's my review. I blame Wheel of Time . . . . I just don't have patience enough for this stuff anymore.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Alex wrote: "I don't think we can be friends any longer.

When I finished this (granted, on a re-read. I don't remember my initial reaction), I sat on a dock by a lake and cried for about an hour."

Lmao. In the thread under the review's an extremely interesting discussion, Wastrel provided some really good reasons as to why this book will work for some folk and not others. I just happened to land in the latter on this case :/

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Alex wrote: "I'll have to check it out in depth."

It's pretty interesting reading. I agree with some of it but not all.