Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > The Big Clear - please add

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Harris | 2 comments Hi there. I tried to add this book myself, and the resulting page looks fine: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

However, I have another novel that's been in the Goodreads system for a couple years called Slotback Rhapsody (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...) and it shows up fine on my author page. The Big Clear doesn't. Nor can I seem to get the system to recognize that these two books are by the same "Christopher Harris." (There are several Christopher Harrises in the GR system, it seems -- the curse of a common name -- but these are the only two I wrote.)

I'm not sure if I've messed up this process by trying to add the book myself, rather than posting here first. If you need to delete the version I entered to make this happen, that's fine with me. Here would be the specifics of what you requested to create a new book in GR:

* Title: The Big Clear
* Author: Christopher Harris
* ISBN 1481958216 (ISBN13: 9781481958219)
* Publisher: Short Cipher Press
* Publication date: March 14, 2013
* Format: Paperback and e-book
* Description:

It's 2003. Dub Storm is a stoner, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't also know 101 ways to kill a man. A former Special Forces sniper with an intrigue-filled African past, Dub has returned home to Austin and become a private eye, a career that earns him just enough cash to keep the drugs coming. But when a wealthy family hires him to find their kidnapped child on the same weekend as the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Dub's addled goofball life rips apart. He realizes that despite his best efforts at self-anesthesia, his "badass within" always lurks close to the surface. The Big Clear is "The Big Lebowski" meets "The Bourne Identity," a literary neo-noir that revels in the traditions of detective fiction while having a fine time subverting them.

* Link to cover on a NON-BOOKSELLER site:

www.TheBigClear.com

Thank you very much.

-Chris

message 2: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5081 comments Moved to your profile. For further reference, you are Christopher^^Harris, where ^ stands for a space. If you are adding new books in the future, just add that extra space between your first and last name and your book will end up on your author profile (the extra space doesn't show - it's just the way Goodreads separates writers with identical names).

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Harris | 2 comments Thank you very much for your help, Koenraad.