Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Towers of Adrala (The Towers of Adrala, #1)
This topic is about The Towers of Adrala
Misc... (Formally Welcome) > Introduction!?!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Suzanne (andrewsuzanne) | 11 comments I'm a writer by habit who looked down one day and found a stack of paper tall enough to call a 'book'. An age of editing passed and here I am, trying to rub elbows with other ink-covered ones!

I'm a SciFi/Fantasy writer who reads the same. I appreciate strong characterization and twist-filled plots. I read and write to become lost in deep, realized worlds and to submit to emotional torment via pencil.

I've got a weakness for Orson Scott Card, Isaac Asimov, and violins.

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments Welcome, Andrew! Have you self-published yet?

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Suzanne (andrewsuzanne) | 11 comments I have! I've my book on both Kindle and NOOK :)

message 4: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Buick (aljbuick) | 35 comments Hi Andrew, the theme you described sounds like something I'd be interested in! As a matter of fact it could fit the genre of my next book. This one will be classed as fiction, but I'll tell you now, it's not all fiction! It will be published within the next 3 - 6 months. Title? "The Puppeteers"
Welcome to the fold, and may good luck and good fortune be your constant partners!

message 5: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments Come on, Andrew, you're not going to sell any books by being shy. What is the name of your book, and give us the links. If you're not going to go the KDP Select route on kindle, where you get five free promotions days, then why not also put your book on Smashwords. They will reformat your book for all e-readers.

message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Suzanne (andrewsuzanne) | 11 comments Oh terribly sorry, I'm writing this on the road crammed into the back seat of a car! Thought I could link the book using the "about book/author" feature, but I'm new to Goodreads.

I didn't like the idea of KDP Select because you had to be exclusive to kindle for a month or so(?) and I want to be available on NOOK, Google Play, and iBooks (Play is pending and Apple is such a pain I might drop them)

I've been promoting on Wattpad.com currently and about to expand more into the Goodreads community and Smashwords.

The Towers of Adrala

When magic leaps from fairy-tale to reality at the tips of every person's fingers, chaos unfolds in the world of Adrala.

Four unlikely but steadfast friends; Eris, Pird, Zook, and Sye, have their loyalty to one another tested when they find themselves at the center of an invisible war and a conspiracy three-thousand years in the making.

With their home destroyed and their history a lie, they must choose to confront the faceless foe they've been chosen to defeat, or face the nameless puppeteers pulling their strings.

Available on NOOK! - http://goo.gl/8H0lF

And on Kindle! - http://goo.gl/PoAuD

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments Love the cover! You might want to drop the price a little until you get your name out there. Just a thought since there are so many of us already out there. The only time I pay over $2.99 for an e-book is when I've already read and loved the indie author. I now read only indies. I wrote reviews for over 100 last year and am trying to do more this year. I love to help fellow indies. Gifting books sometimes will get you some reviews which will help. Then there are several websites that hook up readers with writers. Hope I'm not being too pushy. Just suggestions!

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Suzanne (andrewsuzanne) | 11 comments No not at all! I pay 7.99 or more for a lot of my nook books, but they're always known authors/recommendations and a great deal shorter than my 87,000 words XD. Thought I was already going low but I might have to test the waters some more! I've gifted my book already and hope to do a few more.