Prodigy (Legend, #2) Prodigy discussion

Does anyone else think that Day....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Perenelle Does anyone else think that Day may be dead by the end of Champion????

And does anyone else think that maybe, MAYBE, Day may be known as the Republic's Champion? I don't know, my friend told me this, so i'm hoping that nothing bad happens to him...What are your thoughts?

Perenelle true... But i can just imagine that happening.

Olivia well, what I was thinking was that the doctor just told him that and that day isn't really dieing

Ilana i was thinking that Day would be considered the Republic's champion or something along those lines, but then i was thinking that maybe it would be Anden or someone else completely. i'm really hopeful that Day doesn't die at the end since i think that they really need a happy ending for such a rough life...but we'll see. i just wish that we didn't have to wait!

Andrea Marie Lu will most definitelly kill Day and leave June with Anden... My prediction of 'Champion' is that'll show again, Junes and Day's love and how he slowly dies not without giving a good fight or something. Think of it this ways, both books "Legend" and "Prodigy" haven't had a good ending, someone ends up dead or left there dying. I'm not hopeful, at all.

Perenelle well...that's sad.

Perenelle Maybe it's because we don't know him well enough. He might act gullible and oblivious, but unless we read from his POV, we'll know only then. I don't want to be quick to judge him, though. I never guessed that he'd be an important character!

Alison I don't think Marie Lu would kill Day in Champion. Since I'm guessing he's going to tell part of the story.

Hana HE BETTER NOT DIE.
If he dies, the fandom dies.
Well, kinda haha.
No. Just no. :'(

Perenelle Well, I have a friend who DOESNT like Day. I dont know how that's possible. SHe ended up saying she rather have him die than Metias....She hasn't read Prodigy yet, though...

Isabell I always liked Day more than June. Ever since she pistol-whipped him in Legend I havent been to quick to forgive that one. So if Day dies in Champion that would make this epically amazing series DIRT. I honestly have no theories as to what could happen to him.

message 12: by Amanda (last edited Mar 29, 2013 04:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Am I the only one that liked June from the beginning. I liked that fact that she was unlikable. Usually women aren't betrayed as the cold, trouble with emotions soldier types. Remember that she has been trained her entire life to be a soldier and she's been brainwashed by the Republic lies. And for her saying she'd would have preferred Day dying instead of her brother is totally understandable, Metias is her brother but I think she'd still give her life for Day now. Besides in Legend at that point when June pistol whipped Day she believed whole heartily that Day had killed her brother. June to me was like a onion you have to peel to see the real her. Though she puts off a cold exterior I think she has a big heart who will die protecting the people she loves.

Paiton Wright D: I cried like a baby in the end when Day left June 3 shatterd my heart ,, I hope he doesn't die , I wouldn't know how to handle that ,, prodigy was delicious if you ask me,, I feel that Day is more of a "person" than June is because he has really lived life and felt the cold side of it,, not saying that June has had it all the way easy (with the murder of her family and such) but I can relate to day more than I can to June (odd because I'm a girl) but I know some of the hardships that he had to face in life (still wish I took up the 'runner' sport) ... all in all Day is a pretty amazing person and I cant imagin the Legend world without him,, but I couldnt go without June eaither ,, but she's far to cold and calculating so eh,, the most emotion I reall seen from her was when she was seeing her brother in her feverd state (that part made me cry also) ... well thats how I feel now I think I'm ramblin so yeah ;) Loved the book and the plot and cant wait for more <3

message 14: by TL (new) - rated it 5 stars

TL I don't think Marie Lu would kill off Day. First of all, this is not the type of book where the main character dies. It's not a book that makes you feel REALLY sad emotions. Secondly, if Day does actually die, I think many fans would be very mad about it, and the author always wants the please the readers. I understand that many books consist of one of the main characters dying, but those are the types of book where you just KNOW that someone important will die. You just have that feeling. With Day, it's not like that. He's a fighter, a winner, and a hero. I doubt that he will die :)

Perenelle Yes, hoping :D

And there always will be a plot twist, right?

Just like in clockwork princess...

message 16: by Zak (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zak Umm you guys are forgetting about Tess. She is gonna play some part in this especially considering that Day won't be anywhere near June anymore.

message 17: by Kate (new)

Kate Maybe the doctor hates Aden and is a rebel (I forgot the names!) and just tells day he is dying or Aden tells the doctor to tell day he is dying so he can have June!!! ( I know evil and a bit crazy!!)

Perenelle Wow...that's really harsh of Anden... But i don't think Anden's bad or anything.

And we have only one more book to wrap it all up...

Grace Soliman I really think Day's going to die on the third book. I'm trying to accept it now because I know It's going to kill me soon. Anyways, I'm very very sad about the ending though, I understand that things has to happen in a painful way but that scenario in the last chapter really caught me off guard. I love the series btw. Awesome can't wait for the third book and cry because it's also ending.

Isabel Ok i think that Day just told June they couldn't be together in order to stop her pain when he dies (If he dies, which i don't want to happen). but i read the short discription of how the next book will be and there will be a new plage. i think June will come down with it. When shes on her daeth bed Day will tell her about him dieing and Adran will become a grat ruller and Tess will play a facter in his desitons. i have no idea how it will happen but thats my thaughts.

Godwin I have a feeling that Marie Lu's not going to kill Day. I mean because he's DAY. But I have this very bad feeling that something bittersweet will happen to their relationship.

Anyway, immediately after I finished Prodigy, I went into nerd mode, and well did some light reading on the hippocampus. Based on what I've read it's basically responsible for one's memories, once it malfunctions it could lead to memory related disorders.

What really bothered me was that Junes observation of him, it's like he's seeing her for the last time. But what if day get's magically cured by the Republic's doctors, wouldn't it affect his memories? So I'm betting that Day, once he's cured, forgets everything about June and one day *quoting the book* " I just walked by you on some street one sunny morning and though you were cute, stopped, shook your hand, and said, 'Hi, I'm Daniel'"

Perenelle oh my god.

That would be so sad and....depressing!

I really hope it doesnt end like that, with the whole

"I lost my memories of you. I have no freaking clue what you are talking about. Why are you looking at me like that?"

thing...

Godwin It's either that or Day dies, and I for I believe that I speak for the entire fandom when I say I would rather want this to happen than Day's death, yeah?

Perenelle true. But I've read so many books with the amnesia/dying option. I'm wondering if Marie Lu will create a plot twist where he doesnt die nor lose his memory

Godwin God! I sure hope so, or I may never pick up and read a book again.

Isabel If he did luse his memerie i would sit and cry so hard. I love Day. and i agree that there are tomany books with people looseing there memeries.

Jocelyn Acuña Andrea wrote: "Marie Lu will most definitelly kill Day and leave June with Anden... My prediction of 'Champion' is that'll show again, Junes and Day's love and how he slowly dies not without giving a good fight o..."

NOOOO!!! Day CANNOT die. He's too freaking awesome. if someone (good) dies, i think it'll be Tess.

message 29: by Leni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leni OH GOD! I DON'T WANT DAY TO DIE, BUT I THINK THIS MIGHT BE A ROMEO AND JULIET SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!

message 30: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson Godwin wrote: "I have a feeling that Marie Lu's not going to kill Day. I mean because he's DAY. But I have this very bad feeling that something bittersweet will happen to their relationship.

Anyway, immediately..."

Godwin, that genuinely gave me shivers.
But unfortunately, when the hippocampus is removed then people loose the ability to retain new memories, not loose old ones. (Sorry, I leant it in psychology.)Then again I suppose something could happen to his hippocampus other than removal..

Also, 'Legend' - Isn't it true that you can't technically be a legend until you've died? (I may be wrong) but if so...
OH MY SWEET JESUS MY HEART HURTS.

message 31: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thomson TL wrote: "I don't think Marie Lu would kill off Day. First of all, this is not the type of book where the main character dies. It's not a book that makes you feel REALLY sad emotions. Secondly, if Day does a..." "not the type of book where main character dies"
Erm, Daniels brother, mother, June's brother, parents (yes they weren't main but still), Kaede.
I rest my case.

Isabel I just don't like the idea of two rich kids getting together. I think she will keep Day and June together.

kirstin ✿ I honestly believe that Lu's gonna kill off Day. And I'm prepare for it.

message 34: by Leni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leni I think she'll kill off Day. But, honestly, if she does I hope she kills off June too.
Don't get me wrong! These are one of my favorite main characters in any book I've read. But if she's gonna kill off one, I hope she turns it into a romeo and juliet type solution where the two warring side fix their differences because of the death of their two prodigies. I don't know.

Isabel I hate the idea of them dyeing but I totally agree. a new Romeo and Juliet.

Claudia the Night Owl No. He better not die.

Hannah In my experience, when an author flat out says 'this person will die, this person is dying' very seldom do they actually die. You never know, though, I guess we just have to be prepared for the possibility.

Sishya Godwin wrote: "I have a feeling that Marie Lu's not going to kill Day. I mean because he's DAY. But I have this very bad feeling that something bittersweet will happen to their relationship.

Anyway, immediately..."

I'll take this ending over Day dying. I actually like it.

Olivia Tate He is one of the main characters so I don't think so.

message 40: by Jazz (last edited Jun 20, 2013 09:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazz Olivia wrote: "well, what I was thinking was that the doctor just told him that and that day isn't really dieing"

I don't know. I think the doctor is telling the truth. I was wondering what was going on when in Legend and also in this book he kept mentioning that he was having headaches. It's really sad, but realistic.

On a side note, I don't think June, Day or even Anden is the champion. I don't know why but I find that Marie Lu may put more focus on Day's brother Eden. I have this feeling that he may (even if the result is his death) be the one that will change both the people and maybe even perhaps Day.

One thing for sure is after rereading both books, Day has had too much tragedy in his life and with Eden's death he may not have anything else left to live for (other than June). Anyhoo those are my thoughts.

Jaimie Tee I can't even read all of this.I think i might just drown in my own tears

Lindsay Katz I cried at the end of this book. I seriously cannot think about how it would be without day.. UGH! What if Tess is the "Champion"? That would make this book a little comfusing though given that Day couls possibly die and Day and June's relationship. I might drown in my own tears if i think about this too much.. I do think (sadly, I still think this) that Marie will kill off Day. She seems to have a habit of killing off other characters (Kaede, Metias etc.) I think it would make the series come to an end, but a VERY SAD end. A very sucky end.

Jaimie Tee if he does die he will die for June,and he will tell her the truth as he dies and no one will EVER forget him

Jaimie Tee they will have a remembrance day for Day.(haha pun)

Ethan I think, after day breaking up with June, they'll get back together and then he'll die

Lindsay Katz Ethan wrote: "I think, after day breaking up with June, they'll get back together and then he'll die"

Why. Why do all the good books have to end this way. I will be what we want but it will also have something no one wants.

Isabel Why. Why do all the good books have to end this way. I will be what we want but it will also h..."

Because the suspence and pain makes reader want to keep reading.

message 48: by Serene (new)

Serene Chen Why does everyone hate on Day now? Everyone is saying that he is being so melodramatic and emotional, but have you thought about what he's been through? So many of his loved ones have died! If it were you, wouldn't you be depressed?? And ANDEN!!! Stop trying to break them up!! June and Day are perfect together, just maybe a little too smart for their own good. I wish June would think with HER HEART for once instead of making everything scientific and logical. She's going to break Day's heart if this keeps going on. Then Day would probably die. That feeling of nobody loving you, it's the worst. So dont hate on Day, guys. not cool.

Jaimie Tee Serene wrote: "Why does everyone hate on Day now? Everyone is saying that he is being so melodramatic and emotional, but have you thought about what he's been through? So many of his loved ones have died! If i..." ohmygosh,yes.Thank you.I love Day,but I'm so worried about what will happen in the book because Marie Lu said on twitter that 4 out of 5 people who have read Champion cried.And when I was reading Prodigy I was mentally yelling at June to just tell him how you feel because it's not exactly easy for Day.And Day is just so sweet,because he's doing it for the sake of June's feelings and stuff.Because he knows that he's dying, he doesn't want to have to put June through all that suffering,and so he let's go of her.He doesn't want her to "waste her time" on a boy who's going to most likely die soon.

Lindsay Katz Serene wrote: "Why does everyone hate on Day now? Everyone is saying that he is being so melodramatic and emotional, but have you thought about what he's been through? So many of his loved ones have died! If i..."

Jaimie wrote: "Serene wrote: "Why does everyone hate on Day now? Everyone is saying that he is being so melodramatic and emotional, but have you thought about what he's been through? So many of his loved ones h..."

I agree with both of you! I love day also and i dont want to see anything bad happen to this wonderful character! I was constantly frustrated with June and how she never told Day how she felt.

« previous 1