Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Lightness of Dust (The Meronymy, #1)
This topic is about The Lightness of Dust
Book Issues > A complicated issue with my book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Weaver | 8 comments I really hope someone can help me with this. I used to have only the paperback, iTunes, and Nook editions (individual ISBNs) of The Lightness of Dust listed on Goodreads.

1. I took the iTunes and Nook editions out of the marketplace. I know I can't delete these on Goodreads but it would be nice to note somewhere that they are not available.

2. I added the Kindle, Smashwords, and Kobo editions (individual ISBNs) to Goodreads and would like to combine them with the paperback version and NOT lose the reviews.

3. The "Get a Copy" > "online stores" links do not link to Kobo, Smashwords, or Amazon. Either I don't have permission to fix these or I just don't know how to do so.

If anyone can either provide very specific instructions or just fix these issues I would truly appreciate the assistance!
Matt

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments I fixed #2. They are all combined now.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 15, 2013 08:47PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) For #1, you can edit book description to add a plain text statement that the edition is no longer available. (No purchase links or promotional material in book synopsis/description; okay to link to another available edition here on goodreads.)

For #3, not sure if author profiles are different than regular members. Regular members edit the middle green "get a copy" button by editing their profile and selecting/removing booksellers under the "book links" tab. (The left green button is an ad/sponsored link no one gets to change, the far right button is editable but is for non-retail/commercial book sites like libraries).

When you are on the kobo edition book page (usually a kobo 123# identifier in the isbn13 field like bnid for nooks start with 294#), the kobo link should work. Of course, amazon, Barnes and Noble, diesel, smashwords and other links will not work.

When you are on the kindle edition page (asin with alpha and numeric character mix), the amazon link should work. Barnes and Noble, kobo, etc. will fail because they do not have that asin.

If any links fail, members can instead choose "more" and search by title instead of isbn/asin.

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 15, 2013 08:45PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) For this edition, The Lightness of Dust, it says it is is a kindle edition but shows an isbn of 9780988232402. Likely needs to be edited to not say kindle edition or to get an asin. (Amazon link doesn't work for me on that edition and I suspect that's why).

message 5: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 15, 2013 08:46PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I removed the isbn10 numbers from your kobo and smashwords editions; they were causing my purchase links to crash (kobo and smashwords purchase links can crash with isbn10 information; they want the isbn13 field only.)

The other purchase links that are supposed to work, do.

message 6: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Weaver | 8 comments Debbie, thanks for your help.

1. "For this edition, The Lightness of Dust, it says it is is a kindle edition but shows an isbn of 9780988232402." This ISBN does belong to the Kindle edition but the edition is repeated with an ASIN. Itdoesn't make sense to have both of these. Is there a loophole for deletions of duplicated editions?

2. Smashwords link on Smashwords edition works, but Kobo link on Kobo edition doesn't.

I really appreciate this.
Matt