This topic is about The Summer I Turned Pretty
Group Book Of The Month > Summer I Turned Pretty - March BOTM Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discuss the book here!

The question to think about is:

What does 'pretty' mean, with respect to the title of the book? How do you define 'pretty'?

Feel free to extend the discussion beyond the questions and simply talk about the book as well :D

message 2: by Anna (last edited May 12, 2013 01:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments One of my favorite series!! I think pretty means coming of age in Belly's case. It's the summer she not only physically grew into her skin, but also started to find herself.

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna wrote: "One of my favorite series!! I think pretty means coming of age in Belly's case. It's the summer she not only physically grew into her skin, but also started to find herself."

Nice answer!

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments Thanks! Have you read the read the rest of the series?

message 5: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes. It was amazing, although I personally thought the ending to the third book - though good, and totally sweet - wasn't quite as satisfying as I had hoped. I needed something to give us a peek into life after the books - like Julie Kagawa's Valentine's Day novella gave us a glimpse of life after the books for Ash and Meghan.

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments Awh man I loved the Valentine's Day novella :) Oh. My. Ash. Swooooon!
Hehe, but while I loved the ending of the third book, I agree with you that I would have loved a sneak peek into the the life after the books. But I almost felt that the ending did that somewhat because it showed them getting married a few years later.. Although I would have LOVED to seen little (view spoiler) babies running around :)

message 7: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Agreed ;)