Reddit discussion

Non-Book Stuff > Is there anyone else out there that wants this group to LIVE?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Hi, just thought I'd see if anyone else still keeps up with this group and if there is any interest in a ressurection. If so, does anyone have suggestions on how to make this group more successful?

message 2: by John L (new)

John L (philipblake) | 3 comments I'd like to see this group live, but without the moderators that may not happen, imo. It may need a new group.

message 3: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 5 comments I still have an interest.

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Hinrichsen Jr. (ehinrichsenjr) | 3 comments Yeah. I kind of agree with the "new group" idea, and if we could get it on the /r/books page, we'd probably get a lot more people.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Okay let me do a little research and see what the other successful groups are up to. In any case it doesn't hurt to just give it a try, right? If anyone wants to be a mod let me know, I'll probably get the new group going later today.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9...

R/books is now a thing. Feel free to hop on over. Any and all suggestions for the new group are welcome.

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula | 2 comments Hey Ashley,

What is r/books? Also, I know I've kind of been a dirty lurker so I'm not sure why people want change....what have I missed?

message 8: by John L (new)

John L (philipblake) | 3 comments People want to change simply because this group has gotten so much less traffic. Not many threads have gotten updated in a while.

message 9: by Ashley (last edited Mar 16, 2013 03:19PM) (new)

Ashley (icecheeseplease) Paula, I assume you're familiar with reddit and know of the actual reddit.com/r/books. The original reddit group, this one, is simply named "reddit" and I didn't want to confuse anyone by making another goodreads group of the same name so I named it r/books. Here's a link to it if you're interested :)

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9...

It will probably be much the same as this one but I'm going to try to keep it running a little better since this one unfortunately teetered off as Mr. Blake up there said.

message 10: by Steve (new)

Steve (mixmix) what happened to the current mods? I'm pretty active in this group and would love to take over..

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Johnson (wonkelge) | 3 comments I remember coming across a discussion where they said who they were and some still wanted to be mods while others were willing to give it to someone else.

message 12: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Johnson (wonkelge) | 3 comments It's in the "New Group" announcement.