WW 20s groupies discussion

Nominations - Past & Present > NOMINATE: Group read for April

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) Its that time again, people! Nominate a book for our group to read in the month of March. Let's give this ten days and then we'll vote for about a week. Stay tuned and post here!

message 2: by Jenn Engels (new)

Jenn Engels | 10 comments The Eyre AffairLean In: Women, Work, and the Will to LeadWorld War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

I'm having a hard time narrowing down one recommendation...so I have three.... :)

message 3: by Jenn Engels (new)

Jenn Engels | 10 comments Hmmm...that didn't display the way I thought it would. Here, easier to read:

The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde
Lean In - Sheryl Sandberg
World War Z - Max Brooks

message 4: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (meaghan2293) | 65 comments Mod
Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

The Reading Promise My Father and the Books We Shared by Alice Ozma

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) This is from a genre I don't think we've touched in this group yet, maybe no one else likes it, but I'll nominate City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare . I recently read another book by this author ( Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare ) and LOVED it. The movie for this one is coming out soon so I want to get started on this series.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (sprtychick10) I second the "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet"

message 7: by Dani (last edited Mar 19, 2013 10:14AM) (new)

Dani Baxter (danibaxter) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
It's been sitting in my Kindle unread for a year

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) Danielle, we read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close as a group last January. You can always go back to our discussions of part 1, part 2, and/or part 3 and comment. I'm more than willing to keep discussions going for any of our previous reads! :)

message 9: by Dani (new)

Dani Baxter (danibaxter) Oh where have I been?? Haha!

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine K I like a lot of the suggestions. my bf has been wanting me to read world war Z.

message 11: by Christine (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) All righty, poll is created. Let the voting begin, and may the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

message 13: by Jenn Engels (new)

Jenn Engels | 10 comments Lol! Love it! :-)

message 14: by Meaghan (new)

Did we figure out what the new book would be?

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (sprtychick10) Meaghan wrote: "Did we figure out what the new book would be?"

we are voting for the two books that are tied. Lindsay sent a message out yesterday.

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) Yes, tie-breaker poll is posted. Your choices are Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford and City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare . Please get your vote in on the poll ASAP - the poll closes tomorrow at midnight!

Nomination thread for May book will be posted soon.

message 17: by Dani (new)

Dani Baxter (danibaxter) Hey Lindsay (or anyone) have y'all ever nominated or read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

message 18: by Meaghan (new)

Danielle, if you scroll down on the homepage of the group you can see all the books we're read in the past. You can also click on the polls on the left and see what books have been nominated before, and if some had interest but weren't selected.

message 19: by Dani (new)

Dani Baxter (danibaxter) oh awesome thanks!