Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > I added my book to Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Garcia | 4 comments Hi, I added my book to Goodreads but it isn't coming up under my account as author profile. I'd like to edit the post and add a link to where the book can be purchased and a photo of the book. Help, please. :O)

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Hi Roberto, I can't do anything without knowing some more about the book you added so we can track it down :)

Specifically:
ISBN or ASIN or Title

message 3: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Garcia | 4 comments amores gitano (gypsy loves) *sorry

message 4: by Emy (last edited Mar 15, 2013 09:39AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments OK:) Here's your book - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Please note that Reviews are NOT allowed in the Description section. I've taken them out so no-one gets into trouble :) [Copied below so you can use them elsewhere if you need to] The same goes for seller links - the URL field is for non-vendor information, e.g. a publisher note, an author page or blog post with further/supplementary information. In most cases, just leave the field blank as most books it's not appropriate to add anything.

This link will let you confirm your author profile, but it will take a few working days. http://www.goodreads.com/author/confi...

We can add anything you need if you can provide the information here. For cover shots - either a link to a non-vendor source (e.g. author website, publisher) or you can upload it to your images on your profile and tell us here and we can add it over.

~~

Review bits:

“In his chapbook, amores gitano, Roberto Carlos Garcia breathes adult passion into the craft of desire, these poems strip themselves, naked. They flirt and they want and each section a near erotic frame of determined risk ready to widen the realm of the reader's senses. Here is a poet who can dress and undress the lyric with his mind, hands and tongue.”
—Thomas Sayers Ellis, Author of Skin Inc. Identity Repair Poems and The Maverick Room

“Roberto Carlos Garcia gives us twenty stunning gypsy loves in amores gitano that together construct a language so wrought with desire it swaggers. This is a luminous book that marks the emergence of a new and important voice that is sure to stir up all kinds of bad.”
—Sean Nevin, Author of Oblivio Gate

message 5: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Garcia | 4 comments Hi, below is my author page.

http://robertocarlosgarcia.tumblr.com...

message 6: by Roberto (new)

Roberto Garcia | 4 comments Thanks Emy. So, what info can I provide? Those comments are blurbs from the back of the book.

message 7: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Got the cover and uploading it now. The description is harder to define. Cover blurbs do often include reviews, but these cannot be added to the GR description. A bald description of content or a précis of the story(s) is usually a good start...