THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Joining authors program

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles Vella | 7 comments I am new to the site and am trying to figure out how to join the authors program and bring my books to the site. I've clicked the button to join and sent an e-mail but not heard anything back for several days. Should I just wait to hear back or is there something else I can try? Thanks.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Charles first you would need to add a book you've written to Goodreads. Or you can ask in the Librarians Group for someone to add it, as long as you give them some information. Then you'd go to your author profile page (clicking on the author name on your book page takes you there), and scroll to the bottom of the page. It says "Is this you? Let us know."

Click on "Let us know" and fill in the information. You will receive an author profile after a while. This will overwrite your personal profile that you have now.

If you've done all this already you can contact Goodreads Support to chase it up.
http://www.goodreads.com/about/contac...

Thanks, Mona

message 3: by Charles (new)

Charles Vella | 7 comments Thanks. I got both books on but there are no links to on line stores. I assume that is something I can set up once I am in the author's program. Thanks again for your help.

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Mar 15, 2013 07:49PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) The goodreads purchase links are pre-set via the green "get a copy" buttons; they work best if the isbn/asin information is correct on your book pages. Not supposed to put any purchase links, booksellers or promotional material in the book url or description/synopsis area. Can put a link to your website/blog in the url field (or publisher website, even if selling the book directly publisher is not considered a bookseller).

Once author status claimed, you'll be able to edit your own books. Always feel free, though, to request help over in librarians group for any edits or additions.

(Goodreads members can configure what bookseller/purchase links they see, so not everyone will be seeing the same links. The first/left green button is actually a sponsored link no one chooses and will vary by member location and other factors)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) If you have a blog and link that to goodreads, what you post there will get posted here (or can manually post status updates). That gives you promotional and bookseller link opportunity.