Willing To Review Christian Group discussion

Patricia Reding
This topic is about Patricia Reding
Questions about Reviews

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (last edited Mar 14, 2013 09:03PM) (new)

Patricia Reding | 5 comments Hello all. I have a question. My book, OATHTAKER, was recently published. I am not sure just where it fits. As a Christian myself, I certainly wrote it with parallels to Christian living, but it is not the "traditional" Christian story that includes a Savior, faith and redemption. It is a story about sacrifice--about what it means to honor your word--and it is written as a fantasy. In some ways it doesn't fit with much of the fantasy in the market today--which is often quite dark and where often, there are no contrasting principles or heroes. On the other hand, there is real evil and behavior that clearly is non-Biblical. Overall, there are numerous allegories to a Christian walk and of Christian principles. Is this the kind of book someone might be willing to review? My concern is that I want an honest review, but I don't want to submit it for review to someone who would only consider a story that includes redemption and a Savior as falling within the category of "Christian fantasy." Is this the right place for me?

message 2: by Anne Marie (new)

Anne Marie I believe you are in the right place. I will be willing to read it and review it for you. I only read Christian books but I have read many that you have described.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amccalli) Based on what all you have described, I would be interested in reading and reviewing your book! Your book sounds like something that I would most definitely found very interesting.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 5 comments Anne wrote: "I believe you are in the right place. I will be willing to read it and review it for you. I only read Christian books but I have read many that you have described."

Hi Anne! That is excellent! Should I post it in the board? How do I get a copy to you? Perhaps we should chat by message. I can be found here: Patricia Reding

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 5 comments Amber wrote: "Based on what all you have described, I would be interested in reading and reviewing your book! Your book sounds like something that I would most definitely found very interesting."

Amber! I am so pleased! Would you message me privately and we'll figure out how I get a copy to you? Patricia Reding

message 6: by Anne Marie (new)

Anne Marie @Patricia I sent you an email with my address :)

I think you will get more people that will want to read your book too and you posted it in the right place that I know of.

Thank you again for the chance to read and review your book :)

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 5 comments So, did I do right to post OATHTAKER to the bookshelf then? To see if anyone else is interested in reviewing it?

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Patricia Reding (other topics)