Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 Lone Survivor question

After reading is anyone interested in joining the military?
Cp Cp Mar 14, 2013 06:01PM
Just a general question. I read this book, and felt so proud about the men and women who serve our country that my goal is to serve our country as a part of our Armed Forces. Does anyone feel the same way? Or has the book turned you away from the military?

I totally want to leap out of a plane, climb up the side of a mountain range, and then gun down hundreds of terrorists...but I'm a female over 40 and they won't train me. Wish I had read these kind of books earlier in my life. Maybe I would've done something exciting and meaningful. If you join, let me know. I'll pray for you and send you a care package.

Not my type of book typically, but a great friend of mine told me he loved it (he's in the military) and I thought.. why not... And I really did love it, and I have a new appreciation for the men and women who serve.

If you choose to do it, good luck to you :)

I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but if you enjoyed and were inspired by Lone Survivor, i'd love to recommend Operation Red Wings: The Untold Story Behind Lone Survivor

It's written by Peter Nealen, a former Reconnaissance Marine and veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. A guy who made the decision to join the military and serve his country admirably