YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Buddy Reading Rules

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jalyn (last edited Feb 19, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

Jalyn (jalynnie) | 3847 comments Buddy Reading Guidelines:

1) Any member of this group can start a buddy read by posting the title/s of the book/s you want to read in the WANTED: Reading Buddies thread.

2) Once you found someone to read a book with, you can discuss yourselves how many pages per day you'll read, the starting date, etc.

3) Check to see if there is already a thread for the book you are going to buddy read. (If you don't know how to do this, check out the "How to" thread in the IMPORTANT INFO folder. If there is a thread then please do not created a new one! Just post a few messages with something like SPOILERS ABOVE and then write something like ______ and I are reading this book starting on XX/XX/XX. If you don’t want spoilers then please don’t read above this line!

4) If there isn’t a thread for your buddy read then make sure you open your thread at least 2-3 days prior to the start date to encourage others to join your buddy reading circle.

5) Feel free to discuss what you've read on your own thread. Make sure that you respect each other's opinion about the book and avoid fighting.

6) Please do not start a buddy reading thread any more than a month (4 weeks) in advance.

7) Enjoy!

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha | 695 comments Thanks for this. I LOVE Buddy reads!

message 3: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Buddy reads are great!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I haven't done much buddy reading on this group, but I've had fun with it. This month, though, is going to be awesome because I get to read with so people. :)

message 5: by Zuzia (new)

Zuzia | 99 comments Read them. Buddy reads are fun :)

message 6: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments I will be doing my first buddy read with this group next week. Looking forward to it.

message 7: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments i've never done a buddy read but this helped me out a lot!

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 329 comments Once again, clear and fair. Thanks Jalyn! You mods are doing such a great job with this group :)

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sknack) | 95 comments Thank You!

message 10: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) | 768 comments Spoilers aren't fun.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 77 comments im not that good in buddy reading :/

message 12: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83330 comments Mod
Read again ☺

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 8 comments This sounds fun!

message 14: by Mei (new)

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Buddy reads are so fun! I can't even share my book rants in school so this is awesome! Lol!

Read all these :)

message 15: by Miss (new)

Miss | 2 comments This is fun and interesting. I would like to know if there's any buddy to read together from end November onward. I've got some books queuing up in my lists. I'd like to start Fifty Shades of Grey #1.

message 16: by Pen-pen (new)

Pen-pen (purple_archer) | 8 comments interesting

message 17: by Sami (new)

Sami | 101 comments I cannot wait to buddy read after exams!

Silly question but can three people do a buddy read? Can I butt in on a buddy read if I see two people have arranged one?

message 18: by Tati (new)

Tati | 10171 comments Sami, of course you can!

message 19: by Sami (new)

Sami | 101 comments Great :D Thank you!

message 20: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 3093 comments is august too far ahead to plan?

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 772 comments How far ahead can you plan BR's?

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Robin wrote: "How far ahead can you plan BR's?"

it says anywhere from a 4 week range is too far ahead :)

message 23: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
It says 4 weeks, but if it's over by a week or two it's fine. It can get a bit confusing if it's months in front. :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 772 comments Alright, thanks :)

message 25: by Abbie (new)

Robin wrote: "Alright, thanks :)"

A few people have already organized some for August though, so if you want to organize some for then, that's fine. :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 772 comments Abbie wrote: "Robin wrote: "Alright, thanks :)"

A few people have already organized some for August though, so if you want to organize some for then, that's fine. :)"

Thanks so much!

message 27: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Since this group is called y'all buddy (...) I wanted to ask if erotica would be okay? As long as the participants are over 18 ofc. I really understand if they won't be okay in this group!

message 28: by Abbie (new)

Irene wrote: "Since this group is called y'all buddy (...) I wanted to ask if erotica would be okay? As long as the participants are over 18 ofc. I really understand if they won't be okay in this group! "

New adult/erotica can be read here. :) The threads just go in our 'Adult fiction' folder instead of the genre folders. :)

message 29: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) | 4929 comments Abbie wrote: "Irene wrote: "Since this group is called y'all buddy (...) I wanted to ask if erotica would be okay? As long as the participants are over 18 ofc. I really understand if they won't be okay in this g..."

Oh, okay :) Thanks :)

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments How many comments are required in the thread to count as a buddy read for a challenge?

message 31: by Abbie (last edited Jul 31, 2014 05:09AM) (new)

Heather wrote: "How many comments are required in the thread to count as a buddy read for a challenge?"

4, and they have to be about the book.

message 32: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Abbie wrote: "Heather wrote: "How many comments are required in the thread to count as a buddy read for a challenge?"

4, and they have to be about the book."

Thank you!

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments So the comments need to be made on the start day of the buddy read? I am a bit confused as to when to read the books. Some threads people start the book weeks ahead and start talking. Others on that day. Do I start on the start day or is the book suppose to be finished by that day? I am just trying to make sure. With several books every day, I can't typically stop and just read a whole book all day so a book might take time.

message 34: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Ideally people start reading on the start day, sometimes people will start earlier or later than that though, and it also depends on how fast people read. It's often best to discuss it with your reading buddy for each book, some people will just read a book straight through, where as other people might want to read a set number of chapters a day, or to just take their time with a book.

With regard to the challenges we just ask that you make 4 comments about the book, or about what you think to the book on the buddy read thread. You don't have to make the comments on a set date though ☺

Does that help? Let me know if not!

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 11001 comments That does. Thanks!

message 36: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3543 comments What if you want to read a book that's already been read months ago? I'm not contemplating this right now but it would be nice to know for future reference.

message 37: by Mei (new)

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments You can buddy read a book you've already read. Unless you're using it for a challenge, there are strict guidelines that need to be followed before the book counts. (See Important Info > Challenge Rules)

message 38: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adriana wrote: "What if you want to read a book that's already been read months ago? I'm not contemplating this right now but it would be nice to know for future reference."

Just find a buddy as you normally would, then either comment on the existing thread, or comment on the 'september buddy reads'/'october buddy reads' etc. thread, telling us when you are reading the book and we will reset the thread for you with the new date on the thread title ☺

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.