AUTHORS introducing their books to READERS discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2013 04:13PM) (new)

Click "NEW" pick the folder
"AUTHORS INTRODUCE YOUR BOOKS".
Add your book cover and synopsis. Any other posts in other topics about book introductions will be deleted

message 2: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 3 comments Eleventh Elementum
It has begun! Fourteen years after a catastrophic disaster, the world has regained its balance with the help of the Primortus. They have secretly walked amongst us since the beginning of time, protecting the earth with the power of the elements. When a fourteen-year-old girl is given two mysterious gifts from a father she never knew, she is drawn into their dangerous world of magic. She must learn to wield the power of the Eleventh Elementum to survive. With the help of Will (her best friend), his cousin and her new stepsister, she seeks out the evil that threatens New Zealand. But a black-eyed stranger is watching their every move.

Now, two powerful beings will battle one another and the outcome will determine our way of life. Filled with humor and fast paced action, the series takes the reader on an adventure of destiny, love and loss.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

J.L. wrote: "Eleventh Elementum
It has begun! Fourteen years after a catastrophic disaster, the world has regained its balance with the help of the Primortus. They have secretly walked amongst us since the begi..."

Hi J.L it is better if you post your book in a separate post, easier for readers to find. Just follow the "rules" instruction:)

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Benson (bknight47) | 10 comments Here is a a little teaser about my book Cob Search For A Serial Killer...

If you're scared of the dark, then put this book down. If you like fairy tales, go read Alice in Wonderland. If you have the need for nice tidy little endings, then maybe you should go and check out Good Housekeeping Magazine. This book is about that pit of darkness that exists in the human psyche. It is about the twists and turns that can happen in human nature, and turn a child into a psychopathic killer. Somewhere in this story you might find a little bit of yourself, hopefully in one of the characters on our investigative team.

When I was a kid, there was a television show that started out with the narrative “The story you are about to see is true, the names have been changed to protect the innocent.” The story you are about to read is true. It is written through the eyes and language of an investigator. Every person in it is from real life. Their names I have changed to protect their real identities.

My name is Brent Dulac. I am a private investigator, or was before the darkness of serial killer Richard Michael Minton nearly ended my life. The hunt for this killer began in my teenage years, and continued well into my thirties. If you are ready to take this ride, then let’s begin. I can’t say for sure that you will be the same after our journey, but isn’t that the way life is? You just never know sometimes what is beyond that bend in the road, or on the other side of the door. I’ll stop holding your hand now, and point you toward the darkness.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Herman-O'Neal (JackieHermanONeal) | 2 comments Moctezuma's Zoo A Tale from an Enchanted City by Jackie Herman-O'Neal
In this imaginative tale from the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan, Emperor Moctezuma’s daughter, Ixtla dreams about one day inviting all her favorite animals- pumas, tamarins, and camels to live in her temple palace, but she ends up locked up in a tower by Moctezuma as punishment for cooking up such a “foolish and dangerous idea,” and to keep her from harm’s way. But with the help of a magical quetzal bird, she escapes and the two fly off on a thrilling journey through rainforests, deserts, and mountains in search of encounters with wild pumas, sleepy camels, an enlightened eagle, and jittery monkeys of all kinds. Ixtla must figure out how to return home with all the animals in tow and find a way to avoid the Emperor’s wrath for breaking away from the tower. Will she and all her favorite animals return home safely into Emperor Moctezuma’s good graces? or will he refuse the animals entrance to Tenochtitlan?

message 6: by Sandi (new)

Sandi Hutcheson (GraceAdams) | 6 comments Looks Looks Great Naked by Grace Adams

What do a pair of defiant dachshunds have to do with a book on fitness? Everything, if you’re Grace Adams. In the newly-released novel that reads like a memoir, Grace Adams has it all under control. True, she can’t order anything through the mail for fear her dachshunds, Laverne and Shirley, will intercept and eat the contents, and she’s still carrying a few extra pounds from the birth of her kindergartener, but the rest of her life – marriage, kids, house, even her tennis game – is picture perfect.

At least it is until the day her mother hands her a diet and exercise book called Look Great Naked and says, “I think your husband’s having an affair.” As the façade begins to crumble, she realizes that looking great naked means having nothing to hide. It’s accepting yourself exactly the way you are -- right here, right now, flaws, wrinkles, knots, bumps, lumps, bad attitude and all.

message 7: by Randy (new)

Randy Massey | 3 comments The Summoner by Randy Massey
When Raven's family is taken captive by the hordes of the evil lord N'atax, her only desire is to rescue them before they reach the dreaded castle Axtalia. But, as she pursues them through the lands of Arth, aided by her friend Le-thon, she realizes that her true destiny could be far more than she had ever imagined.

message 8: by Callie (new)

Callie Browning | 2 comments Hi. I'm Callie Browning and I launched my book "The Shadow Guardian" two weeks ago.

Rachel Stephens was living the good life when it all came crashing down around her. After losing her job and ending a toxic relationship with a handsome doctor, she has to find a way to jump start her life again. But not before she has a near-death experience and receives a shocking midnight visit from someone she never thought she would see before. The daunting visitor brings Rachel a message – one that can’t be ignored. Now Rachel must find a way to stop the spate of bad luck the omen brings, before there’s no turning back.

This book is a thrilling literary ride that the reader won’t want to end.
Mesmerizing, smart, funny and well told, The Shadow Guardian is a riveting tale by breakout writer Callie Browning.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Callie...

message 9: by Anne-Rae (last edited Nov 17, 2013 09:46PM) (new)

Anne-Rae Vasquez (annerae) | 2 comments Hi everyone,
I'm Anne-Rae Vasquez, author of Doubt (book 1 of the Among Us Trilogy) which was just released at the Raindance Book Festival in Canada last week.

Doubt (Among Us, #1) by Anne-Rae Vasquez Harry Doubt, a genius programmer and creator of the popular online game ‘Truth Seekers’, has a personal mission to find his mother who went mysteriously missing. He enlists his gaming friends to join in helping him find her and their own missing loved ones. During Harry’s missions, Cristal and the team of ‘Truth Seekers’ stumble upon things that make them doubt the reality of their own lives when they realize there are supernatural forces living among them. This triggers the beginning of the ‘end of the world’ as they know it.

My book launch team and I are kicking off this week of our book launch tour by doing a Rafflecopter Giveaway of $20 Amazon Gift cards, a signed copy of Doubt, ebook copies of Doubt, power charm bracelets and keychains to ward off evil (in the theme of Doubt) and other fun stuff.

Win $20 Amazon gift cards by entering the Rafflecopter Doubt, Among Us Trilogy book launch - Ends Dec 15, 2013

Go to:
http://amongus.ca/booklaunch

I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Cheers,
Anne-Rae