Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice question

If they ever made another film, who would play your Elizabeth and Mr Darcy?
Coralie Coralie Mar 14, 2013 09:26AM
I know who I'd choose...

Colin Firth would play Mr Darcy and I would play Elizabeth Bennett.

how about Jessica Brown Findlay for Elizabeth and Benedict Cumberbatch for Darcy

deleted member Apr 16, 2013 07:31PM   1 vote
I want Benedict Cumberbatch as Darcy. Don't know about Elizabeth, but I think she should be British. There's nothing worse than a fake British accent. (i'm talking about YOU Robert Downey Jr )

Richard Armitage would be fine,but isn't he a bit older for Darcy?I mean darcy is about 28,and Armitage is in his forties.I think Tom Hidleston or Benedict Cumberbatch could play Darcy,they have fantastic British accents.As for Elizabeth,i like Keira Knightley well enough.Kate Winslet could also be Lizzy,she has "fine eyes".Even Emma Watson could be Lizzy,she has a perfect British accent.Or Evanna Lynch(Luna Lovegood).Jennifer lawrence is a great actor,but i really can't imagine her as Lizzy after watching her as Katniss and Mystique.

I think Daisy Ridley could be a good Elizabeth and Aaron Tveit as Mr. Darcy

Richard Armitage as Mr. Darcy *swoon*

I don't know who I'd want to play Elizabeth, but I'd love to see Henry Cavill play Mr Darcy.

F 25x33
Aleena Ashe I used to LOVE Henry Cavill but he is kind of douchey in interviews. Maybe if I could focus really hard I could forget that.
Mar 01, 2019 08:45AM · flag

Gwenyth (last edited Nov 10, 2018 07:17AM ) Oct 20, 2018 04:39PM   1 vote
I would suggest Kit Harington as Mr. Darcy. He might not replace the magic of Colin Firth but I think he'd be close. Jessica Brown Findlay as Elizabeth and Lily James as Jane.

James McAvoy as Mr Darcy and Anna Kendrick as Elizabeth

Mr. Darcy--Richard Armitage
Elizabeth Bennett--Jennifer Lawrence
Mr. Bingley--James McAvoy
Jane Bennett--Jessica Brown Findlay
Miss Bingley--Holliday Grainger
Lydia Bennet--Hailee Steinfeld
Mr. Wickham--Henry Cavill
Mary Bennett--Felicity Jones
Kitty Bennett--Emma Rigby
Charlotte Lucas--Anna Popplewell
Mrs. Bennett--Julie Walters
Mr. Bennett--Mark Strong/ Stanley Tucci
Catherine De Bourgh--Maggie Smith
Mr. Collins--Matthew Lewis
Miss Darcy--Lily Collins
Mr. Gardner--Hugh Bonneville
Mrs. Gardner--Michelle Fairley

I think you should watch The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube. It has a fresh 21st century perspective to the original and a fine set of actors playing Elizabeth and Darcy.

It is serialized and the last episode is slated for Monday next.

http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCXfbQAim...

henry cavill - mr darcy .... Natalie Portman - Elizabeth

The Darcy from the Lizzie Bennet Diaries should play Mr. Darcy (He is sooooooooo Hot)
You know if they want to do it with a younger looking cast

Benedict Cumberbatch or Henry Cavill as Darcy and Emma Watson as Elizabeth.

Thomas Gibson as Mr. Darcy

I think Emma Stone as Lizzie and Benedict Cumberbatch for Darcy.

Emma Stone for Elizabeth Bennet and I dont know for Mr. Darcy ...

Emma Watson as Elizabeth would be perfect .As for Mr. Darcy, I am going with Robert Pattinson

I don't know about the protagonists, because I only know actors who are a bit old for women in their 20s and men in their 20s to 30s. Although I would ship Tom Hiddlestone or Richard Armitage as Fitzwilliam Darcy and maybe Gemma Atterton as Elizabeth (again) and certainly would I like to see Helena Bonham-Carter as Mrs. Bennet, that would truly be hilarious.

Cintia (last edited Mar 19, 2015 01:43PM ) Mar 19, 2015 01:42PM   0 votes
Mr. Darcy could be both played by Benedict Cumberbatch and Richard Armitage.

As for Elizabeth, I think Ginnifer Goodwin could do a good job, plus she's physically similar to the idea I have of Lizzie. Or perhaps... Jessica Brown-Findlay or Louise Brealey could do a great job.

deleted member Mar 19, 2019 02:52PM   0 votes
Emily Blunt - Elizabeth Bennet
Still unsure about Darcy. No one can play him like Colin!

gracie mack I agree! and Emily Blunt would be perfect!
Mar 27, 2019 02:53PM · flag

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. And Hannah Taylor Gordon as Jane.

Jennifer Lawrence as Elizabeth and Colin Firth as Darcy

deleted member Aug 14, 2013 10:27PM   0 votes
Pride and Prejudice: My Top 5 Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy
http://novelworms.blogspot.in/2013/08...

Emma Stone or Emma Watson for Elizabeth

Hummm,how about Richard Armitage or Henry Calvill as Mr. Darcy and Carey Mulligan, Emma Watson, Lily Collins or Anna Popplewell as Elizabeth Bennett?

Do not mess with a good thing!!!!!! They were all perfect in the Colin Firth version.

Elizabeth loves him, she is neither mercenary, predatory, or a fake.

Actually, Colin Firth was Mr Darcy already. He's the one and only Mr Darcy.

its a difficult one to answer :P

Tom Hardy as Darcy. 'nuff said

Actually two years later and I've changed my mind. I would absolutely love to see Benedict Cumberpatch as Darcy with Lily James as Elizabeth. I think the chemistry would be unreal.

Honestly, I wish will all my heart that Henry Cavill plays Mr. Darcy if there ever is another film adaptation. It only makes me sad that this is pretty much never going to happen =( Elizabeth , I think was perfectly cast by Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Lily James is exactly what I picture Elizabeth to be . Henry though , keep him in mind movie making people =) !

TOM HIDDLESTON AS DARCY AND ELIZABETH OLSEN AS LIZZY OMGGGG

Coralie wrote: "I know who I'd choose..."

Who? Details!:D

Colin Firth was born to be Mr. Darcy - i wll have no other....maybe a concession to Benedict Cumberbatch.

Lizze..she has to be british, for sure and not smoking hot....i would say Kate Winslet or the actress tht played Lady May, on Mr. Selfridge.

Aidan Turner as Darcy, and Daisy Ridley as Elizabeth

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc (last edited Mar 22, 2015 08:01AM ) Mar 22, 2015 08:00AM   0 votes
description

They're already making Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Lily James is Elizabeth Bennet.

Natalie portmanteau and Orlando bloom. Cliche but come on it just works...

Colin Firth, the one and only Darcy for me <3 I think for Elizabeth, Holliday Grainger from "The Borgias" would be a good pick.

Hailee Steinfeld for Elizabeth and Henry Cavill for Darcy! :)

Colin Firth was placed on this earth to play Mr. Darcy. He is my Mr. Darcy and I shall have no other!

I think Jennifer Lawrence Ms. Eliza Bennett and Tom Hardy as Mr. Darcy :)

Can't Keira play Elizabeth again? In my mind, she's perfect for it..Everytime I re-read the book, I always picture her <3

Jennifer Lawrence for Elizabeth and Andrew Garfield for Darcy. I think younger actors would be a nice change.

As long as they are making films, they will keep remaking "Pride and Prejudice". Unfortunately, the older you get the less likely you are to appreciate the newer versions.

I think Scott Weinger for Darcy and zooey deschanel as Elizabeth