Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

The Hunger Games (Movie) > What are you looking forward to most in Catching Fire?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livvie_simone) 253 days as of March 13th...
Anyway, off the top of my head, there are two major things that I hope to see:
1. A great arena ( obviously it isn't great to be in there, it was just cool how it was set up )
2. Katniss's wedding dress changing into a Mockingjay

One of the main reasons why I loved Catching Fire so much was because of the arena. It blew me away. It was such an interesting idea, and I am really anxious to see how the special effects look. Remember the monkeys, the fog, the lightning, and the Jabberjays? I really can't wait, and I wonder if the monkeys will even be there.
And Katniss's dress turning into a Mockingjay figure just has to be in the movie. I have nothing else to say other than it HAS to be there like how Haymitch always needs a drink.

*sidenote: I hope they don't put too much emphasis on the fake pregnancy and even the wedding ( even though there isn't one ) because I don't feel like those are the main parts of the story. And people who haven't read the books may think that it is the typical spin-off of Peeta and Katniss getting married and having kids young. It is mainly about the victory tour and the 75th Hunger Games along with the rebellions and all the consequences of everything that happened in the first book*

So what are you guys looking forward to most?

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taytortots) | 17 comments 1- The characters. I love Finnick and Johanna, I'm so psyched to see how they came out, specifically Finnick as he is my favorite character (tied for first haha)
2- The arena. I thought it was so creative and I hope it looks awesome. I really hope they don't skip the part with the Jabberjays, it really outlines just how evil the capitol is.

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livvie_simone) Taylor wrote: "1- The characters. I love Finnick and Johanna, I'm so psyched to see how they came out, specifically Finnick as he is my favorite character (tied for first haha)
2- The arena. I thought it was so c..."

Same here, about Johanna and Finnick because their characters are just fantastic. I think if they add the Jabberjay portion in the arena that it will be really intense. I love intense ;) That is what kept the books amazing :D

message 4: by Hestar (new)

Hestar (hstar) #1 the arena, it is described as an amazing set up!!
#2 Peeta bumping into the force field lol (i dont like peeta, go Gale!)

message 5: by Rama (new)

Rama LH | 8 comments God I guess I need to reread Catching Fire it's been ages , I remeber there was a small part I really liked , when katniss and Peeta make a picnic on the roof lol , and ofcourse the arena cause it's a whole different thing from the arena in THG , and ummm all the nice new characters :-)

message 6: by T.J. (new)

T.J. | 60 comments Peeta telling everyone she is pregnant...Ooh, and probably the pearl scene if they have that.

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose (bookaholic1366) | 9 comments EVERYTHING!!!

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Rivas (Epitomeness) | 13 comments @rama oh my gosh I'm starting to rereading it again....I've read hunger games like 10 times but catching fire once like a year ago

message 9: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (mirmir0401) the part were Katniss and Gale fight but make up and kiss

message 10: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (mirmir0401) well wait dint read that read this

..............................EVERTHING..................

message 11: by Rose (new)

Rose (bookaholic1366) | 9 comments HA HA HA same as me

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 15 comments The new characters, the Arena, the revelation about District 13, and...Peeta and Katniss' makeout on the beach! :D

message 13: by Ava (new)

Ava Guinto (aveyguinto) | 2 comments finnick odair? hahaha

message 14: by Gracie (new)

Gracie (gracie25) | 11 comments The arena

message 15: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Bieschke | 25 comments Everything!:)

message 16: by Chisom (last edited Jul 02, 2013 10:34AM) (new)

Chisom  (booky2) | 20 comments When they're back in the arena and then realize it was a clock and they couldn't escape their deaths then it gets bombed out of nowhere. I want to see a glimpse of district 13 most of all

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Risgaard larsen | 10 comments Everything!!! But specially when Peeta dies in the arena and Finnick gives Peeta mouth to mouth.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Everything in the book nothing left out!

message 19: by Dana (new)

Dana (danasbooks) ALl The Kissing scenes!

message 20: by Carla (new)

Carla | 11 comments I'm like everyone, I want to see everything! Too bad they won't do a 3hr film (HP) I definitely want to see the arena, Finnick, and when Katniss and Peeta really make out. We need all the kissing, seeing how that was neglected in last one.

message 21: by Ana Lucía (new)

Ana Lucía | 24 comments Carla wrote: "I'm like everyone, I want to see everything! Too bad they won't do a 3hr film (HP) I definitely want to see the arena, Finnick, and when Katniss and Peeta really make out. We need all the kissing, ..."

They won't do a third film? How come? No way! They have to finish the series!

I also want to see Finnick in Catching Fire. I hope the actor plays him well.

message 22: by Carla (new)

Carla | 11 comments Ana, no I meant 3hr long run time. Some HP films are 4hrs long. Sorry, didn't mean to scare you!!

message 23: by Dana (new)

Dana (danasbooks) I almost started crying /.\

message 24: by Carla (new)

Carla | 11 comments Again, I apologize for not clarifying. Please don't be mad at me?

message 25: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Bieschke | 25 comments EVERYTHING!!:)

message 26: by Ana Lucía (new)

Ana Lucía | 24 comments hahahaaha I understand now xD

Yes, you are right, it would be better if they did a longer film. Still I hope that all the good parts are played