Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

What are you looking forward to most in the movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Olivia (last edited Mar 13, 2013 09:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia 253 days as of March 13th...
Anyway, off the top of my head, there are two major things that I hope to see:
1. A great arena ( obviously it isn't great to be in there, it was just cool how it was set up )
2. Katniss's wedding dress changing into a Mockingjay

One of the main reasons why I loved Catching Fire so much was because of the arena. It blew me away. It was such an interesting idea, and I am really anxious to see how the special effects look. Remember the monkeys, the fog, the lightning, and the Jabberjays? I really can't wait, and I wonder if the monkeys will even be there.
And Katniss's dress turning into a Mockingjay figure just has to be in the movie. I have nothing else to say other than it HAS to be there like how Haymitch always needs a drink.

*sidenote: I hope they don't put too much emphasis on the fake pregnancy and even the wedding ( even though there isn't one ) because I don't feel like those are the main parts of the story. And people who haven't read the books may think that it is the typical spin-off of Peeta and Katniss getting married and having kids young. It is mainly about the victory tour and the 75th Hunger Games along with the rebellions and all the consequences of everything that happened in the first book*

So what are you guys looking forward to most?

Jessica Interesting topic, Olivia. I feel many people have strong opinions of what they would like to see in the movie and I think you make a good point about being realistic as to what will adapt well into the movie.

For example, there was quite the uproar with the first film when Madge was left out. Personally, this was not a detail that bothered me much because I felt that Madge's character was very secondary to the plot and there was really not the time to waste on introducing her and making a authentic pitch to her handing off the mockingjay pin. Peronsally, I thought it intriguing that they decided to foster the sister relationship instead especially because the pin was a symbol of "protection" and the mockingjay, which Katniss becomes, also is there to protect the districts.

However, I digress. I am looking forward to the arena and how they continue to build momentum for the all-out revolution. They obviously need to pace this correctly; I wouldn't want them spending too much time on the victory tour unless it is to express the overall restlesness of the citizens. I also agree with your point about the pregnancy and marriage- I do believe it needs to be made known because the love affair is still important in this book and the way the Capitol and rest of Panem view Katniss, specifically. I just don't feel they need to delve too much into her trying on a hundred wedding dresses and all that jazz.

I am looking forward very much to Finnick and how Sam Claflin portrays him because he certainly wasn't my top pick for that role. I can only hope he turns out to be another Josh Hutcherson who just emanates essence of Finnick. The one detail that I know may not be vastly important but being the hopeless romantic I am, I hope they include the scene where Peeta presents her with the pearl. It serves as her anchor in the third when Peeta is not around and although the revolution is the first plotline, you cannot deny that Peeta and Katniss' relationship is integral to that plotline. It is them, after all, who hold onto each other through the storm and come out the other side, determined to rebuild. Their relationship is a sign of hope for those that suffer from dark times.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

okay im going to be shallow and say.....FINNICK!:)

Becca Nyx There's so much that happens in this book! It's really hard to say. I love how the first movie was done, so I'm really hoping they do this book justice.

✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ Baylor...( I hardly know her) wrote: "okay im going to be shallow and say.....FINNICK!:)"

Okayyy you just read my mind there... Well, that and the arena. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

YES!the arena too:)

✿.Ⓐⓟⓞⓞⓡⓥⓐ.✿ Ikr?! Ohhh and Johanna... I <3 her. :)

Olivia Jessica wrote: "Interesting topic, Olivia. I feel many people have strong opinions of what they would like to see in the movie and I think you make a good point about being realistic as to what will adapt well int..."
Well said :)

Matt this movie will be paced better than the book, guarenteed. the book was poorly edited and had an unbalanced second half. if you go back and read it, the first and second halfs seemed written by two differnt Suzannes, and I suspect one was drunk. this is going to be a better movie than book. yes. i said it. i stick by it, too.

Ayeza Matthew wrote: "this movie will be paced better than the book, guarenteed. the book was poorly edited and had an unbalanced second half. if you go back and read it, the first and second halfs seemed written by two..."

i totally agree with the two suzzanes thing
and i just want to see how they depict the arena.

message 11: by Jca2000 (new) - added it

Jca2000 Albiso Finnick's outfit. Hahahaha :)

Devan I am hoping to see the characters more like they were in the book. Peeta more sarcastic, Gale more intense, Katniss more emotional, etc. But if they change finnick... so help me...
I am also looking foward to the jabber jay scene

Hannah Finnick. Everything Finnick. The beach scene with Peeta and Katniss, and the whole arena should be awesome.

Magdala the arena i can't wait to see that, and i wanna see how gale is goin to react when he sees peeta and Katniss, fall in love, but it aint really real

Olivia Jca2000 wrote: "Finnick's outfit. Hahahaha :)"

Hahahaha ;D

message 16: by Jca2000 (new) - added it

Jca2000 Albiso Olivia wrote: "Jca2000 wrote: "Finnick's outfit. Hahahaha :)"

Hahahaha ;D"

you understood?

Olivia Hannah wrote: "Finnick. Everything Finnick. The beach scene with Peeta and Katniss, and the whole arena should be awesome."

When talking about the beach scene with Peeta and Katniss, I also hope they include a cute scene with all three of them like when Katniss and Finnick woke Peeta up while being right in front of his face. I always loved that part :D

Olivia Jca2000 wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jca2000 wrote: "Finnick's outfit. Hahahaha :)"

Hahahaha ;D"

you understood?"

Well I guessed you were talking about his very... open... outfit so... hahaha

Olivia Meiyu wrote: "FINNICK
Katniss's dresses
The arena"

Hahaha, that seems to be the most popular answer :D

message 20: by Luna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luna Finnick, My favorite part When Katniss says she is Pregnant and the Capitol people believe it can't wait for their reaction! ( as weird as that sounds)

message 21: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Overall, I'm really looking forward to the portrayal of the characters. I loved all of them (or loved to hate them!), so I can't wait to see how they show the development in the movie. I can't be the only one that can't wait to see Johanna?

The arena will be fantastic to see! I love the thought of it working like a clock and how they would have filmed it as such.

Olivia Sara wrote: "Overall, I'm really looking forward to the portrayal of the characters. I loved all of them (or loved to hate them!), so I can't wait to see how they show the development in the movie. I can't be t..."

You most definitely are not the only one looking forward to seeing Johanna ;D

Rachel Jackson I don't think that they are going to keep her introductory scene though!

Linda G Agree with everyone else: the arena, Finnick and the part where Peeta comforts Katniss after the incident with the Jabberjays. Anyone have any idea if they're leaving out the part about Peeta's prosthetic leg?

message 25: by Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ (last edited Mar 18, 2013 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vivid Light ~ ♥♥ Linda wrote: "Agree with everyone else: the arena, Finnick and the part where Peeta comforts Katniss after the incident with the Jabberjays. Anyone have any idea if they're leaving out the part about Peeta's pro..."

Yeah, about the leg.... https://twitter.com/BreathingPotter/s...

So idk if they will even include that (I don't think it's too much of a big deal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Linda G GAV * FALLENWORLD ♥ wrote: "Linda wrote: "Agree with everyone else: the arena, Finnick and the part where Peeta comforts Katniss after the incident with the Jabberjays. Anyone have any idea if they're leaving out the part abo..."

LOVE that tweet.

Melissa I would say Katniss wedding dress turning into the Mocking Jay.

message 28: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily Lamb The Games definitely and how they create the clock. Its going to be epic!!

message 29: by Gaby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gaby Testa Finnnick and Peeta!!!

Arique Chowdhury the arena

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas The jabber-jays.... oh yeah also, FINNICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olivia Lily wrote: "The Games definitely and how they create the clock. Its going to be epic!!"

Epic is the perfect way to describe the arena :D

Phoebe Finnick! And seeing Gale again (:

message 34: by Usha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Usha Seeing Katniss and Peeta comforting each other. And of course Finnick:)

message 35: by Gaby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gaby Testa yes!!!

Shirley Cant wait to see Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair and Petta. Cant wait to see the games :D

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

okay wait....i can't wait for the ending:) the escape

Olivia Baylor...( I hardly know her) wrote: "okay wait....i can't wait for the ending:) the escape"

Thats going to be crazzzzzzyy... I am so excited xD

message 39: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha Well, fake pregnancy could be important, because Thats the news which Again moves the Capitol, so moved that the telecast Had to be stopped. Once again peeta makes Katniss special to the audience, he kind of makes an impression of her that the Capitol people must save Her and not any other player in any way. Its his way to mske her winner. A,si, in mockingjay, when she tells the hospital people that she's miscarriaged people were so sorry for her, so i thinkmaybe this part could be important..what else would make the Interviews soecial?. Oh, silly me, the mockingjay dress ofcourse!!! Can't wait to see her Beautiful wedding dress burn away!!

Olivia Neha wrote: "Well, fake pregnancy could be important, because Thats the news which Again moves the Capitol, so moved that the telecast Had to be stopped. Once again peeta makes Katniss special to the audience, ..."
You have a great point, I just hope they don't make that the main focus, then people who have not read the books will think the book is about them getting married and having a kid and them going back to the arena again. But I am DYING to see her dress burn away !

Rachel Bernard I'm actually really excited to see the burning coal outfits at the tribute parade because that was SUCH a strong image for me in the book, but the list of things I'm excited for could never stop so I'll sum up the best stuff...

1) Getting to connect with new characters ie. Johanna, Finnick, Mags

2) Seeing more of Gale's important role in Katniss's life

3) MORE PEETA <3

4) How they have created the arena (if you haven't seen pics already, look them up!) It's really cool to see the arena in Hawaii, and their new tribute outfits :)

5) Well if I could say the rest I'm excited for I guess I'd just type the whole book into this post! :D

SOOOO EXCITED! :D :D :D :D :D

Rachel Bernard Linda wrote: "Agree with everyone else: the arena, Finnick and the part where Peeta comforts Katniss after the incident with the Jabberjays. Anyone have any idea if they're leaving out the part about Peeta's pro..."

Seeing as he never lost a leg in the first movie, I'm sure we'll still get to keep that piece of Josh on the screen :) I think it would've been really difficult to handle if they did bring it up in the first movie and his leg was already injured bad enough from Cato that the mutts practically tearing his leg off would seem a little repetitive as well. It was probably an easy movie decision.

message 43: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha Rachel wrote: "I'm actually really excited to see the burning coal outfits at the tribute parade because that was SUCH a strong image for me in the book, but the list of things I'm excited for could never stop so..."

I have heard an interview where Gale (Liam) was saying that there is lot of character development in this movie...so probably all of the scenes would be awesome to see!!! At first, When director was changed i thought 'Oh crap! The series may lead to disaster now' but after seeing the character posters...OMG this movie could be even a bigger hit than previous one!

message 44: by NormaCenva (last edited Mar 23, 2013 09:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

NormaCenva will be definitely waiting for the character of Mags, my all time favourite!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Olivia wrote: "Baylor...( I hardly know her) wrote: "okay wait....i can't wait for the ending:) the escape"

Thats going to be crazzzzzzyy... I am so excited xD"

me too! midnight premiere baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 46: by Iman (new)

Iman THE END THE END

Olivia Iman wrote: "THE END THE END"

It better be INSANITY! That was probably the most intense part of the whole book!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

FINNICK ODAIR! :3

Maj-Britt All of the wedding dresses!!! the arena, The hangning tree song or was that in Mockingjay? Definatly NOT Cinnas death, i'm gonna cry my heart out ;(

Jennifer Peeta and Katniss fighting the nightmares away together.

« previous 1