Book Haven discussion

Authors > PDF Writer - A Viable Pagination Tool?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn James | 10 comments Hello there, fellow authors!

Does anyone have any experience with PDF/Adobe Acrobat Writer?

I'm looking into paginating my next book for paperback print. In the past, I have hired paginators who work with InDesign and have been very happy with their work.

However, a DIY kind of gal, I'm curious if anyone has tried to format and paginate a manuscript interior with Adobe Acrobat/PDF Writer? If so, was it easy to navigate and were you pleased with the overall outcome?

I don't have anything complicated, such as charts, images, etc. Just a simple manuscript, where I would like to be able to choose a nice font and maybe spruce up the first letter/word of each chapter (i.e. rise-caps/lower-caps). And I would like to know if a medium-level tech savvy individual could construct a nice book interior through the use of Adobe/PDF Writer type programs?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Great day to all!

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments Createspace has templates in Adobe for their books and it is great, but when I have tried to set page size using Adobe independently I have always had problems. I didn't take the time to figure out what the pro9blem was, opting to simply use Createspace's templates instead. I'm sure it was probably a simple fix, I just didn't want to take the time to fight with it. As for everything else you want to do, it is a piece of cake, every bit as user-friendly as Word, and depending on the version you get, you can add some pretty fun fonts! Enjoy!!

message 3: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn James | 10 comments Thanks for the feedback Heidi!

With Createspace templates...are those the ones you can purchase for an additional $299 or something like that to help design the interior? Or can you use them with the standard service?

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments Standard service. They just added word docs to the templates as well, so make sure you don't get the wrong one! If you go in when you are creating your book, and select the size book you want, to the right there are templates available. Select the PDF and Bob's your uncle!

message 5: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn James | 10 comments Very cool! Thank you much :) Happy TGIF, Heidi!!!

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments YW!